LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama

I like simmie cobbs jr and, especially, Dante Pettis more...bonus is we can get em later too
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 4, 2017 at 11:30 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

If we take a WR in the first round, this is the guy I want.

Best route runner of the bunch!

Very true, it's the 1st thought that popped in my head when I seen this thread..
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I like simmie cobbs jr and, especially, Dante Pettis more...bonus is we can get em later too

Thoughts on St brown at ND? Good route runner and has size.

Would like to see him take over games more consistently, but I'd be ecstatic to have him.. gonna be a stud. His dad was like a champion bodybuilder so he's definitely learned how much work and dedication is required to be the best.

Cobbs looks like a good receiver to me too and will probably be good value, a bit of off field stuff. Ridley just looks a level above.
This play will jump out to Kyle. This is his favorite concept(Yankee) to dial-up, and Ridley runs the post with incredible nuance. He stems his route by leaning the DB into the boundary and then finishes him off by changing the angle inside before the break. That and his blazing speed leaves him wide open for the touchdown. Ridley has the type of tools that directly translate to the NFL level.

On paper the 6'5 size speed combo AJ Green like receiver is exactly what we need. It pairs perfectly with Garcon and in Shanny's o. Winbush is awful so that might account for his bad stars this year but supposedly he has to get better playing to his height and attacking the ball.
Originally posted by Heroism:
This play will jump out to Kyle. This is his favorite concept(Yankee) to dial-up, and Ridley runs the post with incredible nuance. He stems his route by leaning the DB into the boundary and then finishes him off by changing the angle inside before the break. That and his blazing speed leaves him wide open for the touchdown. Ridley has the type of tools that directly translate to the NFL level.

Originally posted by HERN:
I've always liked this kid.

Body movement and route running really remind me of Stefon Diggs. I think Ridley will be an automatic gamebreaker for us.

I always thought it was crazy that people had Christian Kirk rated higher. That said, he's the WR equivalent of Bradley Chubb IMO. Just slightly below great IMO. Not a guy I get excited about like Aldon or Barkley or even Deforest Buckner.

Maybe like a Brandin Cooks (who I thought was better than Sammy Watkins BTW).
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 5, 2017 at 9:56 PM ]
Ridley has a high floor. He runs routes like Amari Cooper, but he also has the speed to beat corners deep. He's a safe WR pick.

St John looks better on paper and his ceiling will make him an enticing choice to be he first WR selected. He also runs good routes, especially for someone his size.

I'm hoping we sign our QB, either Cousins or Garrappolo, then trade back a few spots and get the best WR on the board. Both could still be there.

I'd feel safer picking Ridley. I think he's the most polished WR in the draft and one of great most draft-ready WR prospects you're going find... better than Amari.

It's a shame neither are featured in their offense. Don't let their pedestrian numbers fool you. These guys are elite prospects.
[ Edited by strickac on Oct 6, 2017 at 4:33 AM ]

Originally posted by strickac:
Ridley has a high floor. He runs routes like Amari Cooper, but he also has the speed to beat corners deep. He's a safe WR pick.

Which means he's not the kind of guy you want in the top of the 1st round.

St John looks better on paper and his ceiling will make him an enticing choice to be he first WR selected. He also runs good routes, especially for someone his size.

I'm hoping we sign our QB, either Cousins or Garrappolo, then trade back a few spots and get the best WR on the board. Both could still be there.

I'd feel safer picking Ridley. I think he's the most polished WR in the draft and one of great most draft-ready WR prospects you're going find... better than Amari.

It's a shame neither are featured in their offense. Don't let their pedestrian numbers fool you. These guys are elite prospects.

He definitely fits in with what we have perfectly. I'm hoping somehow Lynch can pull off a triple in the 2018 draft by getting us a top QB, WR, and pass rushing prospect. Honestly if I could only get two of the three, WR is the odd pick out. This team would be ok with a pass rusher and QB alone.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
He definitely fits in with what we have perfectly. I'm hoping somehow Lynch can pull off a triple in the 2018 draft by getting us a top QB, WR, and pass rushing prospect. Honestly if I could only get two of the three, WR is the odd pick out. This team would be ok with a pass rusher and QB alone.

Not necessarily. Situational rushers always fall in the draft. If we have a LEO that isn't great against the run, it's not the end of the world. His job is too apply pressure.

Just like how Carl Lawson fell because of his other shortcomings, it'll happen to another elite pass rusher next year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Not a good name, he won't be any good.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Which means he's not the kind of guy you want in the top of the 1st round.

You don't like the idea of a faster Amari Cooper? KS prioritizes receivers that can get separation and Ridley is that guy.

We need someone to take the pressure off Garçon and help open up the run game.
Share 49ersWebzone