LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Mason Cole C Michigan

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
https://gbmwolverine.com/2017/12/23/michigan-football-mason-cole-huge-opportunity-senior-bowl/

"At the Senior Bowl, Cole will probably get a chance to play both spots. Center may be his future at NFL. He was considered to be one of the top prospects at the position before the season and before he moved to left tackle. So he is still one of the best centers in this class.

However, if Cole can prove he can play tackle too, his NFL draft stock will be that much higher. NFL coaches love versatile offensive lineman. Cole has proven he can play on the edge, but how he handles some of the elite pass-rushing talent at the Senior Bowl could decide his NFL future."

Well I think we'd like him to fall flat on his face as a tackle, pushing his value down for us to pick him as a Center!

I know Shanahan likes vets as C's, but Price, Cole, Davies and Ragnow are all very intriguing, got to be one of the deepest interior line class in years.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 17, 2018 at 6:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Cole is flying completely under the radar. I think him playing tackle killed his stock, but he was excellent as a center. He feels like an OL that Shanny that grabs on day 3 and becomes a long-time starter.

you think he lasts until day 3?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Well I think we'd like him to fall flat on his face as a tackle, pushing his value down for us to pick him as a Center!

I know Shanahan likes vets as C's, but Price, Cole, Davies and Ragnow are all very intriguing, got to be one of the deepest interior line class in years.

This is why I don't want Nelson. Not that he isn't good, but the drop off isn't nearly as great as with other positions. There will be good Guards and Centers available in the early 3rd when we have two picks. That being said, they may double-down...
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
This is why I don't want Nelson. Not that he isn't good, but the drop off isn't nearly as great as with other positions. There will be good Guards and Centers available in the early 3rd when we have two picks. That being said, they may double-down...

I'm pretty certain we will choose 2 O-Lineman in this draft, there's a lot to like about this class.

Nelson is a cut above the rest, but when you factor in movement skills the drop off isn't as big for us.
Big fan of this kid. Where is he projected to go?
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Big fan of this kid. Where is he projected to go?

At the end of the day, I'd say rounds 2-4
If the 49ers didn't have Solly and Defo, I'd be living in the Maurice Hurst thread. He's one of my favorite prospects in this entire draft.

I love dude. Non stop motor. Makes olays everywhere. Has interior pass rush skills too
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 23, 2018 at 10:11 AM ]
Only 303 lbs with short arms. Not good for Cole's stock, but good for us.

Only 303 lbs with short arms. Not good for Cole's stock, but good for us.

Definitely a center at the next level.
Cole impressed me today, held up very well against a strong opposition front, also none of the exchange problems the South team had.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 23, 2018 at 4:39 PM ]

"At center, both Bradley Bozeman from Alabama and Mason Cole from Michigan looked stout in one-on-ones and 11-on-11s. Something to note in these practices is that defenders will always have the advantage, so if offensive lineman are winning consistently, that speaks volumes."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/24/16926278/2018-senior-bowl-bengals-bill-lazor-teryl-austin-practice-offensive-line

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 24, 2018 at 2:50 PM ]
"This week, Cole said he wants to show he can handle the center position while playing against two of the draft's top nose guards in Stanford's Harrison Phillips and North Carolina State's B.J. Hill."

"Versatility is the big thing for me, coming out here and showing like, after a year of playing tackle, I can hop back in and play center like it was riding a bike," Cole said. "I think that's the biggest thing. These interviews are good and all, but I think just coming out here and showing athleticism, showing unique things up close in person in front of so many scouts."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/1063721001

"After my sophomore year, Coach Harbaugh and Coach Drevno sat me down and said we think not only this would be best for the team but we think this is where your future will be at the next level," Cole said during Senior Bowl interviews Tuesday. "I just trusted them and took it and ran with it."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.landof10.com/michigan/mason-cole-michigan-nfl-draft-projection/amp
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 25, 2018 at 5:59 AM ]
Read he had trouble snapping the ball with precision.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Read he had trouble snapping the ball with precision.

I didn't watch Day 2, but their were no issues Day1 or 3, their were issues with the other team on Day 1 if that's what you read?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I didn't watch Day 2, but their were no issues Day1 or 3, their were issues with the other team on Day 1 if that's what you read?

I read (can't remember where) that he consistently snapped the ball too far left, so much so to the point that the pseudo QB had to line up behind the left guard to catch the snap. Bizarre, I know.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Jan 26, 2018 at 8:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone