There are 171 users in the forums

Arden Key-DE/OLB-LSU

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 3, 2018 at 1:27 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Did he have a falling out with the coaching staff or something ?

Read a headline that he ditched his team and wasn't there for them for the bowl game. Not even on the sidelines to support them. And if he did return to college it wouldn't be to LSU.

This wouldn't be the first time he left the team.

Absolutely no interest in this guy, headcase

This. Dude bailed on his team and lost all respect of his coaches... no thanks
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:

Read a headline that he ditched his team and wasn't there for them for the bowl game. Not even on the sidelines to support them. And if he did return to college it wouldn't be to LSU.

wailers, explain what your talking about.
If we end up picking him (which I may be one of the few who's not against the idea), the Webzone will go full hysteria...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If we end up picking him (which I may be one of the few who's not against the idea), the Webzone will go full hysteria...

I wouldn't go into full hysteria but I'd certainly be very concerned but hopeful that his crazy athletic ability translates well to the NFL and he busts his butt off for this team and keep getting better while not having any issues off the field.

IMO he's a DE version of Joe Williams and that was a 4th rounder who didn't look so hot as a rookie. Which is why I'd like to avoid the experiment with a top 10 pick.
Originally posted by genus49:
I wouldn't go into full hysteria but I'd certainly be very concerned but hopeful that his crazy athletic ability translates well to the NFL and he busts his butt off for this team and keep getting better while not having any issues off the field.

IMO he's a DE version of Joe Williams and that was a 4th rounder who didn't look so hot as a rookie. Which is why I'd like to avoid the experiment with a top 10 pick.

This. Way too early to be swinging for the fences on a headcase.
I think Jackson, Ferrell and Key are going to get a ton of attention from us this offseason. Those guy are right in that sweet spot for us at #9/10 or if we trade back a few picks to one of the QB needy teams.

The man could be a draft steal. The narrative of him being a head case could be overblown similar to Rueben Foster
If the dude fell out of the first round (or to the bottom), you'd better believe we'd show interest. Tis the season for disinformation

Y
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If the dude fell out of the first round (or to the bottom), you'd better believe we'd show interest. Tis the season for disinformation

Ya he probably won't make it to our 2nd round pick at 58th overall but if he survives into the late 40's maybe we would consider a trade up
Originally posted by mayo49:

Well being that we were down there for the bowl game and listening to the radio interviews the staff that was interviewed was very disappointed that he was not with the team even for the practices. At least back your team even if you're not playing in the bowl game.
A few other players sat out but were still involved with the team activities leading up to the bowl game. He never even choose to come.
Dude is a freak of an athlete now doubt but not being with your teammates.... says a lot.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Well being that we were down there for the bowl game and listening to the radio interviews the staff that was interviewed was very disappointed that he was not with the team even for the practices. At least back your team even if you're not playing in the bowl game.
A few other players sat out but were still involved with the team activities leading up to the bowl game. He never even choose to come.
Dude is a freak of an athlete now doubt but not being with your teammates.... says a lot.

Thanks, if he falls we'll know the reason why.

Plenty of players are missing their final game to focus on the NFL. Key has been hurt most of the season and he's about to be on the most important job interview of his life.

It's understandable why he'd step away. Whether he was open about it with coaches, that seems to be the issue. Even if the interviews don't go so well, he's going to be drafted in the 1st round. His health and interviews will determine his position. The Citrus Bowl practices mean nothing and only open him up to injuries.
[ Edited by strickac on Jan 4, 2018 at 5:17 PM ]
As much as i like key, i think he falls. Injuries, missed games, and other concerns. I want Dorance Armstrong. He's going under the radar but would be perfect for what we need.
Share 49ersWebzone