LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Arden Key-DE/OLB-LSU

He's a talented player, no doubt. His athleticism is unique for the position. I give him a slight benefit of doubt and assume that the drastic weight gain in the offseason (understandable for an undersized DE to pack on weight to rise stock) killed his production the first half of the season.

You just have to draft him realizing he's a thin, situation rusher. Becoming a 3-down will take some time. Right now, I'd call him a less talented version of Leonard Floyd. The best he'll give you early on is a few flash plays, embarrassing a few RTs, while getting swallowed up the rest of the time.
This guy was invisible out there today. Bust
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Oh he played?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Oh he played?

he sat out

Oh he played?

Haha I think this is a joke referencing another post

Key has so much potential but he is the biggest boom/bust I can think of in this draft, I'd rather go Landry or Roquan Smith and know were going to get a great contributor for 5-8 years.
Originally posted by irishluder:

Oh he played?

Key has so much potential but he is the biggest boom/bust I can think of in this draft, I'd rather go Landry or Roquan Smith and know were going to get a great contributor for 5-8 years.

Yea lol I think it was the Harold Landry thread
Hmmmm, did he sit out due to injury concerns? Or scared of McGlinchy & Nelson?
Originally posted by irishluder:

Oh he played?

Yea lol I think it was the Harold Landry thread

Too bad he skipped out on the Citrus Bowl. I have a feeling he'll be really high on our list. Like him or not he's probably the most gifted pass rusher in this class. LEO would be a nice fit for him. The more I look at him I could see him playing SAM right away too. He moves so well.

He could go anywhere from about #7-20. IMo, it all comes down to health this offseason and more importantly, his interviews. Why did he take the leave of absence?

Unless he blows the interviews or reinjures his shoulder, he should be right back in the top-10 conversation.

He's my dark horse. I think Lynch will look long and hard at him. Locking up Jimmy and finding a pass rusher will be his priorities.

Did he have a falling out with the coaching staff or something ?

Read a headline that he ditched his team and wasn't there for them for the bowl game. Not even on the sidelines to support them. And if he did return to college it wouldn't be to LSU.

Read a headline that he ditched his team and wasn't there for them for the bowl game. Not even on the sidelines to support them. And if he did return to college it wouldn't be to LSU.

Not much different than a lot guys that declare. More and more players are skipping their bowl games. Ed Orgeron's comment did sound a little weird though.

This wouldn't be the first time he left the team.
Arden Key is the Manute Bol of football.
Originally posted by Heroism:

This wouldn't be the first time he left the team.

Absolutely no interest in this guy, headcase
Share 49ersWebzone