There are 619 users in the forums
Aaron Jones-RB-UTEP
Browse 49ers books and videos
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:45 PM
- saniner
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,724
They're bringing in a lot of late round guys with character concerns. Jones is the guy I like the most though. I'll trust whoever they bring in.
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:47 PM
- Lobo49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,289
I saw him in person take a man sized dump all over my beloved Lobos (UNM). First game of the year a couple of years ago. Like 250 yards and 3 TD.
Last year he pissed all over the Aggies (NMSU, lololol).
Glad he's freakin gone pro.
Last year he pissed all over the Aggies (NMSU, lololol).
Glad he's freakin gone pro.
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:49 PM
- Heroism
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,742
Kyle is looking to work that "nobody-to-1000yd-rusher" Shanahan magic.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 28, 2017 at 7:50 PM ]
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:51 PM
- Since07
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,503
Love what I see. He has some amazing balance and has one of the best stiff arms. Runs with determination.
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:54 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,348
Originally posted by saniner:
They're bringing in a lot of late round guys with character concerns. Jones is the guy I like the most though. I'll trust whoever they bring in.
I could see Jones playing a similar role to Freeman in Atlanta.
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:59 PM
- saniner
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,724
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:Originally posted by saniner:They're bringing in a lot of late round guys with character concerns. Jones is the guy I like the most though. I'll trust whoever they bring in.
I could see Jones playing a similar role to Freeman in Atlanta.
They are similar in size and speed. If Jones was drafted here and turned into that caliber of player I'd be ok with it
Mar 28, 2017 at 8:49 PM
- RishikeshA
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,720
4.56, almost but not quite pedestrian.
Mar 28, 2017 at 9:07 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
4.56, almost but not quite pedestrian.
Good enough number if he accelerates quickly and finds the running lane. He was also among the top performers in the rest of the drills.
Mar 28, 2017 at 9:10 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,348
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
4.56, almost but not quite pedestrian.
He was among the top performers at RB in nearly every other category. In this particular offense your cutting ability and agility is a better predictor of success than pure speed. How many of the guys who thrived in this scheme in the past were pure burner types? That certainly doesn't describe Arian Foster or Alfred Morris. Jones outdid Devonta Freeman in every single category so his quickness and agility certainly aren't in question.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 28, 2017 at 9:10 PM ]
Mar 28, 2017 at 10:18 PM
- zonkers
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,395
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Great burst @3:42. Ran right through the Longhorn defense.
[ Edited by zonkers on Mar 28, 2017 at 10:19 PM ]
Mar 29, 2017 at 3:00 AM
- JaggedJ
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,721
But is he a generational talent?
Mar 29, 2017 at 3:30 AM
- jcs
- Veteran
- Posts: 39,887
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
4.56, almost but not quite pedestrian.
4.7 for a RB is pedestrian. I think it also matters as to how quick or how fast you are with pads on. Lets not forget Hyde is a 4.66 guy himself.
Mar 29, 2017 at 4:44 AM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,129
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:Originally posted by RishikeshA:4.56, almost but not quite pedestrian.
He was among the top performers at RB in nearly every other category. In this particular offense your cutting ability and agility is a better predictor of success than pure speed. How many of the guys who thrived in this scheme in the past were pure burner types? That certainly doesn't describe Arian Foster or Alfred Morris. Jones outdid Devonta Freeman in every single category so his quickness and agility certainly aren't in question.
Mar 29, 2017 at 4:55 AM
- PA9erFaithful
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,462
Originally posted by JaggedJ:But is he a generational talent?
Clearly yes, they always get drafted in the mid/late rounds, right?