LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 162 users in the forums

Realistic trade scenario since Browns want Garrett and Trubisky

Originally posted by Force_Choke:
Glennon is to Cousins as Brady is to Montana. That's why I'm dumb founded why the 49ers would even concider trading #2 for Cousins. I don't care if he is sleeping with Kyle.. You wait. If Cousins was truly all that the Skins would re-up him long term. Clearly there is something off with Cousins

More like there is something off with the Redskins. Dumb organizations do dumb things and the Redskins trying to lowball Cousins last year completely blew up in their faces. They may now very well have the desire to sign Cousins to a long term deal but that doesn't mean Cousins has the same desire.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I got a trade worthy of the Number 2 overall pick. Call NE and say. I'll give you the #2 overall for one Tom Bunchen Brady Giselle. He can come home and if he wins the Super Bowl with this squad he can drop the Mic on Joe's face and walk away as the GOAT in any sport ever played. You laugh. But I bet Bill would scratch his chin for a bit.

Drugs are bad mmkay?

I'm not the one trying to trade away the #2 over all for Kirk Lmao Cousins.. Mmmkay? Go drug test the FO. And I bet you a two dollar bill, your little pecker would get hard if you saw *Breaking news: the NE Patriots have traded Tom Brady to the SF 49ers for the #2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft*
I'm not the one trying to trade away the #2 over all for Kirk Lmao Cousins.. Mmmkay? Go drug test the FO. And I bet you a two dollar bill, your little pecker would get hard if you saw *Breaking news: the NE Patriots have traded Tom Brady to the SF 49ers for the #2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft*

The 49ers aren't trying to trade away the #2 pick for Kirk Cousins.

Nobody is trading away an early 1st rounder for a 40 year old quarterback.

I'm sure these deals work out great for you in Madden and you kill it in your local fantasy league but none of this is applicable to the real world.
I got a trade worthy of the Number 2 overall pick. Call NE and say. I'll give you the #2 overall for one Tom Bunchen Brady Giselle. He can come home and if he wins the Super Bowl with this squad he can drop the Mic on Joe's face and walk away as the GOAT in any sport ever played. You laugh. But I bet Bill would scratch his chin for a bit.

Lol belicheck would trip and break his neck to do that deal as quick as possible.
Belichick wants to win the Super Bowl next year. He still needs Brady.
Originally posted by Lurker:
Belichick wants to win the Super Bowl next year. He still needs Brady.

Adding a Myles Garrett while retaining Jimmy Garoppolo would at least have them in contention.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Drugs are bad mmkay?

Attack the posts not the poster, let's keep it civil.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Rumor has it the Browns want Trubisky as thier QB, an Ohio mr Football native, that would want to be in Ohio. They also want the top player in the draft that would be Garrett. Now if the Browns select Trubisky first, the Niners should take Myles Garret, no questions asked. However if they draft Garrett first and want Trubisky, who they know will not be there in at 12, I propose the following trade.

Browns get pick 2 from Niners- They select Trubisky, they get Garret and Trubisky and are happy.

Niners get pick 12, 33, and pick 65 from Browns. We also get a 4th rounder in 2018.

The Niners then have

Pick 12
Pick 33
Pick 34
Pick 65
Pick 66

Imagine the options with 5 picks in top 66 and two back to back picks starting the draft on days 2 and 3.

This is a fathonable scenario.

I wouldn't mind this , but the Browns would have to give us more picks next year too, plus I would want their 5th and 6th this year too, they need to sweeten that pot, the #2 is a hot commodity , we deserve a handsome package of picks if we go from #2 to #12 , we could still add one of the quality edge rushers with the #12 ..plus make a move to get a top ILB like Zach Cunningham or Raekwon McMillan ...picking 33 and 34 would be SWEET
Originally posted by stonecold590:
For them to move up to #2 from 12 they better also throw in a 1st for 2018.

If Cleveland Browns want trade up to #2 from 12 and 2nd round and 4th round and 1st for 2018. Because #2 points is lot. U know better.
Originally posted by evil:

Drugs are bad mmkay?

Attack the posts not the poster, let's keep it civil.

ForceChoke is a new guy. If he is talking about negative again. We will remembered him and anytime. Next time. We should not trust a guy cuz he is pretend 49ers fans.

Originally posted by BuZzB05:
ForceChoke is a new guy. If he is talking about negative again. We will remembered him and anytime. Next time. We should not trust a guy cuz he is pretend 49ers fans.

I love reading your truth Buzz. You make all of it better.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Rumor has it the Browns want Trubisky as thier QB, an Ohio mr Football native, that would want to be in Ohio. They also want the top player in the draft that would be Garrett. Now if the Browns select Trubisky first, the Niners should take Myles Garret, no questions asked. However if they draft Garrett first and want Trubisky, who they know will not be there in at 12, I propose the following trade.

Browns get pick 2 from Niners- They select Trubisky, they get Garret and Trubisky and are happy.

Niners get pick 12, 33, and pick 65 from Browns. We also get a 4th rounder in 2018.

The Niners then have

Pick 12
Pick 33
Pick 34
Pick 65
Pick 66

Imagine the options with 5 picks in top 66 and two back to back picks starting the draft on days 2 and 3.

This is a fathonable scenario.

I wouldn't mind this , but the Browns would have to give us more picks next year too, plus I would want their 5th and 6th this year too, they need to sweeten that pot, the #2 is a hot commodity , we deserve a handsome package of picks if we go from #2 to #12 , we could still add one of the quality edge rushers with the #12 ..plus make a move to get a top ILB like Zach Cunningham or Raekwon McMillan ...picking 33 and 34 would be SWEET

For No 2 overall the trade would be, simply on points: No. 12, No. 33, No. 65 and 2018 1st rounder. That would be the opener.

Now, Cleveland has three 2nd rounders next year. So maybe instead of their first next year it'd be two of their 2nds and a 4th. But we are talking much more than a 4th rounder in 2018.

And Cleveland needs a QB. Their coach doesn't have a 6 year contract and if they don't land a QB this year then they wouldn't be addressing that position until year 3 of their new regime. Not good.

However, odds are they stay at 12. Only scenario I could see is if they fall in love with a specific QB and fear Chicago or the Jets nab him.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Niners Swap Firsts with WASH and get Cousins
WASH sends #2 overall to NE for Garropollo and a 4th round

Wash gets a younger "franchise QB" and 4th round
SF gets Cousins and keeps a 1st round
NE gets #2 overall pick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
1st of all...f**k that, you take garrett

2nd...if they were to offer something, it would have to be a hell of alot more. Im talking RG3 trade status.

Yeah, I want to rape Cleveland for picks.
Give #2 and a 6th for #12, #33, Gordon, and one of their 3 second rounders next year.
Browns have another 2nd this year, 2 next year, and a first next year.
We add our Z WR if he pans out.. then have 3 picks in the top 34 picks. That's more realistic. They are rebuilding too, they aren't going to give up next year's first.
The value of #2 isn't spectacular this year, #12 means we miss out on: Thomas, Adams, Hooker, Fournette and about anyone else everyone has a bunch of hoopla about..

Bottom line: As much as I'd like to screw Cleveland in a deal, with all of their picks they have they'll be okay and also, why would they give an arm and a leg for Trubisky when they have the fire power to get any acquirable and established QB they want via trade. Not gonna happen.
Share 49ersWebzone