LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 171 users in the forums

Realistic trade scenario since Browns want Garrett and Trubisky

For them to move up to #2 from 12 they better also throw in a 1st for 2018.
The only QB trade that makes sense is the Browns moving from 12 to 6 in a trade with the Jets so they can take either Watson or Trubisky.

Edit: Of course the Wentz trade didn't make sense to me
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Mar 7, 2017 at 8:04 AM ]
Everyone asking for equal draft-chart compensation is being overly greedy in this particular case.
What's the practical value of the 2 this year, not the theoretical value in the average draft? Who's the BPA at 2? Johnathan Allen? I'd rather have Jamal Adams, Corey Davis, or Derek Barnett, just for starters. And those guys are going to go closer to 12 than 2. Meanwhile the 33 is an incredible asset; that's the range of guys like Zay Jones, Obi Melifonwu, and others. Bottom line is would we rather have Corey Davis, Obi Melifonwu, and a couple other free picks to work with? or Johnathan Allen? The answer is clear imo. This trade would be a coup for us.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Everyone asking for equal draft-chart compensation is being overly greedy in this particular case.
What's the practical value of the 2 this year, not the theoretical value in the average draft? Who's the BPA at 2? Johnathan Allen? I'd rather have Jamal Adams, Corey Davis, or Derek Barnett, just for starters. And those guys are going to go closer to 12 than 2. Meanwhile the 33 is an incredible asset; that's the range of guys like Zay Jones, Obi Melifonwu, and others. Bottom line is would we rather have Corey Davis, Obi Melifonwu, and a couple other free picks to work with? or Johnathan Allen? The answer is clear imo. This trade would be a coup for us.

Once again if a team...especially in this case wants to move up to #2 they obviously value someone a great deal.

#1 and #2 back to back offers peace of mind few teams get. Thanks to English bring up the Colts. But it's a rare opportunity to get your top 2 guys on your board. If they're back and forth on Garrett or Trubisky this way they get both. It's worth it IMO. We'll see what happens though.
Originally posted by genus49:
Once again if a team...especially in this case wants to move up to #2 they obviously value someone a great deal.

#1 and #2 back to back offers peace of mind few teams get. Thanks to English bring up the Colts. But it's a rare opportunity to get your top 2 guys on your board. If they're back and forth on Garrett or Trubisky this way they get both. It's worth it IMO. We'll see what happens though.

Sure, if they're willing to break the bank, all the better. But if trading back is the best value option for us (it is imo), we can't be too stubborn in our demands and risk losing out on that opportunity. If other teams have the same board we do, they likely have little interest in moving up, so we just have to hope someone is willing to surrender at least solid value. You can't pass up a desirable deal just for the principle of the thing.
The Bills or Bears may fall in love with Trubisky or Watson and trade up to 1 to get him. Thats my dream scenario as we would get Garrett
Originally posted by badguy_1:
The Bills or Bears may fall in love with Trubisky or Watson and trade up to 1 to get him. Thats my dream scenario as we would get Garrett

Bears seem to be going all in on Mike Glennon, so they won't be going QB with their pick. That also hurts our trade power because now anyone who wants Trubisky or Watson knows they don't have to leapfrog the Bears to get him.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Bears seem to be going all in on Mike Glennon, so they won't be going QB with their pick. That also hurts our trade power because now anyone who wants Trubisky or Watson knows they don't have to leapfrog the Bears to get him.

Those two QB you mentioned would be perfect for the Bears with Glennon on board. You have the luxury of putting a head set on them all year. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying if the Bears like one of those QBs they take him regardless.

Going in on Mike Glennon shouldn't take QB off their draft board. if they do then they'll be picking early for a while.

Don't forget it was just last year the Eagles shelled out big money to Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel then traded a ton to get Carson Wentz. Not sure how anyone can think Mike Glennon makes them set at QB.
Glennon is to Cousins as Brady is to Montana. That's why I'm dumb founded why the 49ers would even concider trading #2 for Cousins. I don't care if he is sleeping with Kyle.. You wait. If Cousins was truly all that the Skins would re-up him long term. Clearly there is something off with Cousins

Originally posted by Force_Choke:

Those two QB you mentioned would be perfect for the Bears with Glennon on board. You have the luxury of putting a head set on them all year. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying if the Bears like one of those QBs they take him regardless.

Going in on Mike Glennon shouldn't take QB off their draft board. if they do then they'll be picking early for a while.

Don't forget it was just last year the Eagles shelled out big money to Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel then traded a ton to get Carson Wentz. Not sure how anyone can think Mike Glennon makes them set at QB.

You guys make good points. I would still expect the Bears to pass on a QB because Fox and company are going into year 3 and need to start winning now. I think thats why they are going with a veteran QB like Glennon and addressing another need with the 3rd overall, but thats just my thinking.

Bears appear to be set on Glennon if the rumors from Chicago are any indication. Jets seem to be eager to trade down rather than trade up. So it seems less likely that other teams will be looking to move up, after all who is going to be drafting these QB's? If Cleveland passes on a QB and the Bears sign Glennon, its theoretical that at least one of Mahomes, Trubisky or Watson will be available down the board around 10, if not later.
I got a trade worthy of the Number 2 overall pick. Call NE and say. I'll give you the #2 overall for one Tom Bunchen Brady Giselle. He can come home and if he wins the Super Bowl with this squad he can drop the Mic on Joe's face and walk away as the GOAT in any sport ever played. You laugh. But I bet Bill would scratch his chin for a bit.

The Bears won't spend a ton of money on Mike Glennon and then use an early pick on a QB. I could see them signing Glennon and then drafting someone like Nate Peterman or Davis Webb later in the draft though.

The Eagles made the bare minimum commitment to Bradford and then shipped him out at the first opportunity. They set up a deal that would essentially make him a bridge QB and then said "f**k it" after they learned that they could gouge Minnesota to get a 1st round pick back.
Originally posted by Force_Choke:
I got a trade worthy of the Number 2 overall pick. Call NE and say. I'll give you the #2 overall for one Tom Bunchen Brady Giselle. He can come home and if he wins the Super Bowl with this squad he can drop the Mic on Joe's face and walk away as the GOAT in any sport ever played. You laugh. But I bet Bill would scratch his chin for a bit.

Drugs are bad mmkay?
Share 49ersWebzone