There are 765 users in the forums
Jerod Evans - QB - VT
Browse 49ers books and videos
Jan 12, 2017 at 9:20 AM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,351
Would have been a nice fit if Chip Kelly was still here. And no I dont think he's a better prospect than Mahomes.
Jan 12, 2017 at 9:28 AM
- TheNef77
- Q46 Draft 3rd place
- Posts: 1,489
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Would have been a nice fit if Chip Kelly was still here. And no I dont think he's a better prospect than Mahomes.
I watched Mahomes struggle against Zone vs. ASU. You weren't getting the ball unless you were wide open. Gets away with a lot because of his physical ability. How well can he do in 2/3 WR sets?
Evans has better fundamentals than Mahomes.
Jan 12, 2017 at 1:39 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,809
If we get McDaniel's as coach this kid would be a perfect developmental prospect for the 49ers. I also would like to get his teammate Bucky Hodges at TE to pair with Vance McDonald in that offense
[ Edited by tohara3 on Jan 12, 2017 at 3:48 PM ]
Jan 18, 2017 at 7:22 PM
- jersey49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,669
Was very surprised he declared, he had a very nice 1st season for Va Tech, Juco transfer who is still raw, but impressive..my question is to who knows more about him is where does he go..?
6 ft 3 235 lbs
6 ft 3 235 lbs
Jan 18, 2017 at 7:25 PM
- Jcool
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,532
Jan 18, 2017 at 7:26 PM
- jersey49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,669
My fault guys..didn't see it..
Feb 10, 2017 at 6:24 PM
- SunDevilNiner79
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 61,636
Count me as a fan. I have him listed as the 4th best QB prospect and a 2nd rounder.
I don't think he is comparable to Mahomes.
If I had to compare him to someone, I'd say a poor man's Cam Newton.
I don't think he is comparable to Mahomes.
If I had to compare him to someone, I'd say a poor man's Cam Newton.
Feb 11, 2017 at 8:47 PM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
I would not be disappointed with him as the second QB picked in 5th round or later in a double down situation in the draft. He has the physical tools, but will need some coaching up.
Feb 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM
- SunDevilNiner79
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 61,636
Its starting to look like Mahomes will be drafted before the 2nd round.
Which means, I think Jerod Evans might be the guy I'm cheering for us drafting.
I know a lot of people will look at Evans and consider him a runner and therefore not WCO material.
But I see a guy that has a great internal clock, who goes through his read very quickly and lets the ball go. He has great arm strength, tough, good ball placement. He does a really good job of putting the ball somewhere for the WR to make a play on it.
I need more of his games posted though! lol
Which means, I think Jerod Evans might be the guy I'm cheering for us drafting.
I know a lot of people will look at Evans and consider him a runner and therefore not WCO material.
But I see a guy that has a great internal clock, who goes through his read very quickly and lets the ball go. He has great arm strength, tough, good ball placement. He does a really good job of putting the ball somewhere for the WR to make a play on it.
I need more of his games posted though! lol
Feb 13, 2017 at 1:20 PM
- Quest4six
- The Q46 Dude
- Posts: 4,040
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Would have been a nice fit if Chip Kelly was still here. And no I dont think he's a better prospect than Mahomes.
This
Feb 13, 2017 at 1:23 PM
- TheNef77
- Q46 Draft 3rd place
- Posts: 1,489
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Its starting to look like Mahomes will be drafted before the 2nd round.
Which means, I think Jerod Evans might be the guy I'm cheering for us drafting.
I know a lot of people will look at Evans and consider him a runner and therefore not WCO material.
But I see a guy that has a great internal clock, who goes through his read very quickly and lets the ball go. He has great arm strength, tough, good ball placement. He does a really good job of putting the ball somewhere for the WR to make a play on it.
I need more of his games posted though! lol
Same here bro. Trying to figure out why he isn't getting any attention.
Feb 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM
- gold49digger
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,719
Looks pretty good. But I have no idea of who Kyle wants. I think we're gonna get a qb for sure in this draft, whether its 1st round or a mid round pick.
Feb 13, 2017 at 5:07 PM
- dlance
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,074
My two favorite None first or second round QB are Nathan Peterman and Jerod Evans. I think they both have a chance to be a Good QB. If a team want to over draft one or both of them? O Well. I really like Christian Ponder his year but not at pick 12. I'm not the greatest at picking QBs. For those that can remember Rick Mirer. I thought that Rick Mirer was A sure thing hall of fame QB and want the 49 to draft him so badly. Second coming of Joe strait out of Notre Dame. Me and A hole bunch of other people where wrong.
Feb 13, 2017 at 9:07 PM
- Boldjames
- Veteran
- Posts: 445
As long as he doesn't throw fades vs aj bouye lol
Was a big Mahomes fan but it's starting to look like he will go in the first round...prob even more so after the combine
Was a big Mahomes fan but it's starting to look like he will go in the first round...prob even more so after the combine
[ Edited by Boldjames on Feb 13, 2017 at 9:08 PM ]