LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Everyone sad we missed out on Landry need to understand that if we drafted him we probably win another game or 2, thus killing our chances of selecting Bosa this season. Look how many close games we lost last season and we had zero edge rush.

I'm not sure about that. He wasn't great his rookie year. It's certainly possible, though.

All I'm saying is that it's nearly impossible to change up the order of events and still end up with the exact same outcome.

Landry as a rookie with flaws is still more talented than Marsh. Even as just a 3rd down rusher he'd improve the 2018 team since that was our biggest weakness next to QB after losing Jimmy.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good for him.

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Everyone sad we missed out on Landry need to understand that if we drafted him we probably win another game or 2, thus killing our chances of selecting Bosa this season. Look how many close games we lost last season and we had zero edge rush.

I'm not sure about that. He wasn't great his rookie year. It's certainly possible, though.

And injured a lot too.
5.5 sacks and leads the league in pressures. Taking McGlinchey is even grosser now looking back.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 18, 2021 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
5.5 sacks and leads the league in pressures. Taking McGlinchey is even grosser now looking back.

Uh we could've gotten him instead of Dante Pettis... Landry & Derwin James vs. Pettis & mcg
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Uh we could've gotten him instead of Dante Pettis... Landry & Derwin James vs. Pettis & mcg

The Jaire Alexander disrespect
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Great, just what we need, two more injury prone, but talented players.
Well well well

He would sure look good with Bosa and Ford, he has elite bend but I thought he would not hold up as well against the run but he seems to be making plenty of plays. He gets dinged up too and had some ankle issues when drafted. They had other plans for those edge spots
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Well well well

We got Pettis I don't know why you'd be upset
lmao, look at me posting back when I wasn't f**king lazy. Too damn lazy these days to do this s**t. Plus, there are just soo many people doing tape evals nowadays that if you find the right people, they'll see what you see and do the video work for you.

Looks like that inside shoulder dip is his favorite move. See it a lot on tape. He's really good at flattening once he's captured the corner.

Chops the low hand, dips, flattens and sacks. Nice hip and ankle pliability. Once he turns that corner, his hips point to the QB. Stays balanced through contact.

Shoulder dip again. He's pretty damn consistent at flattening and turning his hips once he's got the edge. Balance through contact. Get off is good. The way he wins is similar to Derek Barnett.

I've been watching more tape this morning. The way he wins continues to remind me of what I saw in Derek Barnett. He's not particularly twitchy or explosive, but he plays with great pliability and balance. Like Barnett, he has a lot of success with one move(shoulder dip running the hoop).

Again. Same move, same result. His ability to flatten once he's got the corner is his best trait. He's so damn consistent at that.

I was waiting for him to show me something with his hands and then right on queue. Threat of previous sack leads to this one. Gets hands inside and beats the tackle with the beautiful push-pull move.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 30, 2021 at 4:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone