LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 91 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I've already stated my guy is Ridley with our first pick, but if for some unbelievable reason Landry falls to 20, we must trade back into the first and take him. That kind of player can change our defense, particularly from a pressuring the QB standpoint to the benefit of ALL our D-lineman. That kind of outside presence would everyone's hit and sack numbers going up.

I've seen Landry's name fall all the way down to the very back end of the second round.

Originally posted by suckafree17:
Our D line is complete with this Guy

Leo- Landry/Dumervile
1 Tech- Mitchell/ DJ Jones
3 Tech- Buckner
Big end- Tank/Armstead

Not even close to being complete but he's a good piece to have. You still have to fix the DT and another DE.

That will happen every now and again. I don't buy it unless he has some major character issues. If it did, that's great for us.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Our D line is complete with this Guy

Leo- Landry/Dumervile
1 Tech- Mitchell/ DJ Jones
3 Tech- Buckner
Big end- Tank/Armstead

Keep Sheldon Day at 3T and promote DJ Jones to starter at 1T, and we're in the hunt. Marsh should probably be listed as an edge guy, too.
Nice.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Nice.

Wow!!!! Did not expect that, I was getting excited about the Senior Bowl, now I get to park that to watch our new franchise QB ball out, and have a nice new year gift. I really hope we Coach it, Bears are a threat, but I'd hope Fox would go if they were below us
Nice.

Nice get to see him compete
Unfortunately, this guy is starting to move up draft boards. Von Miller 2.0. I was really hoping he'd slide a ways and give us a shot to grab somebody else first, and then him; or trade back and get him but I think he's going to go to high now to have a shot at him.
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Unfortunately, this guy is starting to move up draft boards. Von Miller 2.0. I was really hoping he'd slide a ways and give us a shot to grab somebody else first, and then him; or trade back and get him but I think he's going to go to high now to have a shot at him.

Not even. But I can see him shooting up. The combine will be the final judge.
Originally posted by MTninerfan:

that's why I laughed when I saw him mocked as a late second round.

The Senior Bowl and combine will be big for Landry. If he dominates the SB and grades out as a great athlete at the combine, he could end up going top ten.

Chubb or Landry... an elite pass rusher would be great!

The Senior Bowl and combine will be big for Landry. If he dominates the SB and grades out as a great athlete at the combine, he could end up going top ten.

If Landry grades out as a top-10 player, would you take him with our pick? The other way to look at it is this, teams trade the farm for QBs all the time. Well the second most important position is arguably pass rusher (or blindside tackle). Would you be willing to trade close to the farm to land a top offensive and defensive player? I'm asking the second because we cannot continue to ignore that side of the ball with our early picks. I personally think a player like Landry can change the look of our defense and everyone immediately comes better. Line up with Buckner-Mitchell/Jones-Thomas-Landry and we could be in business.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Dec 9, 2017 at 9:27 AM ]
If Landry grades out as a top-10 player, would you take him with our pick? The other way to look at it is this, teams trade the farm for QBs all the time. Well the second most important position is arguably pass rusher (or blindside tackle). Would you be willing to trade close to the farm to land a top offensive and defensive player? I'm asking the second because we cannot continue to ignore that side of the ball with our early picks. I personally think a player like Landry can change the look of our defense and everyone immediately comes better. Line up with Buckner-Mitchell/Jones-Thomas-Landry and we could be in business.

This is very much an Aldon Smith situation, I don't think our defence is quite like it was then but it would be a big boost.

I'm looking forward to the Senior Bowl, I haven't seen much of him, but we have seen sharp rises before
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

This is very much an Aldon Smith situation, I don't think our defence is quite like it was then but it would be a big boost.

I'm looking forward to the Senior Bowl, I haven't seen much of him, but we have seen sharp rises before

All i know is Aldon only played pure pass downs and was taken at #7. Anyone we choose id like to bring them up the same way as well especially since we have some solid base guys to handle the run.

We could really use this explosion on our defense no doubt
Share 49ersWebzone