LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 255 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

Originally posted by Heroism:
It sucks that Landry's ankle has kept him out of games. He's kind of become forgotten by the masses. I'm still on the Landry war wagon.

2. San Francisco 49ers | Harold Landry | EDGE | Boston College

Saquon Barkley is the popular pick here, but I'm not sure the 49ers would spent this pick on a running back. Pass-rushers tend to be more valuable in this range, and Landry would give them another explosive weapon on the edge to pair with last year's top pick, Solomon Thomas
http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/11/29/2018-nfl-mock-draft-updated-4-round-projections-after-week-12/

I like Landry but no way you can draft him a two overall...I'm seeing mocks (yeah super early) with him in the 20s

If we could move down grab a OL and take some picks to move back up for Landry in the 20s I'm cool with that...Im down with grabbing some solid vets and drafting a couple differences makers...if we come out of the draft with like 5 players I'm fine with it, we got a crap ton of youth on the team already
Right, I consider him a target if(when) we trade back. Where he goes will hinge on how well he performs at the combine.

I'm pleasantly surprised with this draft class now that the dust is starting to settle. It may not be top heavy, but there are a good number of impact players available. I would be f**king geeked with either Quenton Nelson, Roquan Smith, Harold Landry, etc.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 30, 2017 at 6:03 PM ]
Today must be "mock Harold Landry to the 49ers" day.

Round 1 – Pick 2: Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

Lynch and former general manager Trent Baalke made substantial commitments to the 49ers defensive line, investing a first-round pick at the position in each of the past three drafts. Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas, while talented players, have been unable to fill the role of the 49ers' primary pass rusher off the edge.

The 49ers rank 26th in the NFL with just 20 sacks on the season. The Jaguars lead with 41. The 49ers need a dominant edge rusher to compliment their investments along the interior, making Landry a logical pick for Draft Wire analyst Luke Easterling:

In three seasons, Landry (6-3, 250) racked up 148 tackles, 46.5 for loss and 25 sacks for Boston College. He's the type of pure speed rusher the 49ers have sorely lacked and is comparable to Vic Beasley, the Falcons' star rusher whom Shanahan is familiar with after his time in Atlanta. Edge defenders are among the NFL's most valuable players, making Landry a worthy investment with the second overall pick.
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/30/49ers-add-pass-rusher-with-no-2-pick-in-four-round-mock-nfl-draft/
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 30, 2017 at 6:36 PM ]
I've watched him earlier this year and didn't come out impressed at all. Not sure if he wasn't healthy but he was getting man handled many times 1 vs 1. Lacks effort, missed tackles and was a total non factor. Not sure what everyone sees in him. Hopefully there was legit reasons for his performance because he definitely didn't look like the best pass rusher or even a first rounder. If we get him, I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a stud
Is he better in college than one of the all-time fav zone draft crushes Quinton Grooves?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It sucks that Landry's ankle has kept him out of games. He's kind of become forgotten by the masses. I'm still on the Landry war wagon.

2. San Francisco 49ers | Harold Landry | EDGE | Boston College

Saquon Barkley is the popular pick here, but I'm not sure the 49ers would spent this pick on a running back. Pass-rushers tend to be more valuable in this range, and Landry would give them another explosive weapon on the edge to pair with last year's top pick, Solomon Thomas
http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/11/29/2018-nfl-mock-draft-updated-4-round-projections-after-week-12/

I like Landry but no way you can draft him a two overall...I'm seeing mocks (yeah super early) with him in the 20s

If we could move down grab a OL and take some picks to move back up for Landry in the 20s I'm cool with that...Im down with grabbing some solid vets and drafting a couple differences makers...if we come out of the draft with like 5 players I'm fine with it, we got a crap ton of youth on the team already

I've already stated my guy is Ridley with our first pick, but if for some unbelievable reason Landry falls to 20, we must trade back into the first and take him. That kind of player can change our defense, particularly from a pressuring the QB standpoint to the benefit of ALL our D-lineman. That kind of outside presence would everyone's hit and sack numbers going up.
One big positive about Landry is that his isn't body isn't close to being maxed out. He's only 21 years old with a ton of potential to get bigger and stronger. After a season or two in an NFL weight room, he should be able to add power to his arsenal. Adding power rushing to complement his speed and freakish bend is a recipe for a game wrecker.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 30, 2017 at 6:50 PM ]
Our D line is complete with this Guy

Leo- Landry/Dumervile
1 Tech- Mitchell/ DJ Jones
3 Tech- Buckner
Big end- Tank/Armstead
[ Edited by suckafree17 on Dec 1, 2017 at 11:24 AM ]
One big positive about Landry is that his isn't body isn't close to being maxed out. He's only 21 years old with a ton of potential to get bigger and stronger. After a season or two in an NFL weight room, he should be able to add power to his arsenal. Adding power rushing to complement his speed and freakish bend is a recipe for a game wrecker.

Would get to go about it Aldon style too and just concentrate on 3rd down pass rushing while learning base?
Originally posted by suckafree17:

Leo- Landry/Dumervile
3 Tech- Buckner
Big end- Tank/Armstead

So we cut S.Thomas the #3 overall pick after one season and keep AA after 3 unproductive seasons?

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Leo- Landry/Dumervile
3 Tech- Buckner
Big end- Tank/Armstead

So we cut S.Thomas the #3 overall pick after one season and keep AA after 3 unproductive seasons?

Ment to put him under the Big End as well*

Leo- Landry/Dumervile
3 Tech- Buckner
Big end- Tank/Armstead

Hopefully tank wont be back does nothing but sits on tha IR 90% of tha season
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

At this point, I'd rather have Tank than AA on the roster. At least Tank is a good fit for this scheme and played well before he got hurt, AA was the total opposite.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

At this point, I'd rather have Tank than AA on the roster. At least Tank is a good fit for this scheme and played well before he got hurt, AA was the total opposite.

Come on really tank is ALWAYS hurt ...I'm not saying AA is tha answer but a 29 yr old plastic tank sure isn't tha answer either ...
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I've already stated my guy is Ridley with our first pick, but if for some unbelievable reason Landry falls to 20, we must trade back into the first and take him. That kind of player can change our defense, particularly from a pressuring the QB standpoint to the benefit of ALL our D-lineman. That kind of outside presence would everyone's hit and sack numbers going up.

I've seen Landry's name fall all the way down to the very back end of the second round.

Leo- Landry/Dumervile
3 Tech- Buckner
Big end- Tank/Armstead

Not even close to being complete but he's a good piece to have. You still have to fix the DT and another DE.
Share 49ersWebzone