There are 151 users in the forums

Malik McDowell DL/OLB - Michigan State

Originally posted by TheNef77:
I'm not talking about a whole team. I'm talking about him getting driven out on a 1 on 1 matchup. It's considered a loss if you go back 2 yards on a 1 on 1. Buck is giving up 5 on some plays.

He doesn't get driven back one on one every time...yeah sure that happens to EVERY player form time to time and I would imagine it would happen to a rookie 5 games into is career...
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He doesn't get driven back one on one every time...yeah sure that happens to EVERY player form time to time and I would imagine it would happen to a rookie 5 games into is career...

lol that "happens to everyone" to excuse is the same excuse my right guard would say when coach would chew him out in film session. Imagine Chilo Rachal all over again. That was him. Missed assignments over and over again.

it happens way too often with Buck. If we go by "happens to everyone". All QB's throw picks and incompletions. All corners get burned or lost in coverage. All RBs fumble. You've just lowered the standards of everyone else to match the guy you're defending.
lol that "happens to everyone" to excuse is the same excuse my right guard would say when coach would chew him out in film session. Imagine Chilo Rachal all over again. That was him. Missed assignments over and over again.

it happens way too often with Buck. If we go by "happens to everyone". All QB's throw picks and incompletions. All corners get burned or lost in coverage. All RBs fumble. You've just lowered the standards of everyone else to match the guy you're defending.

I'm saying eveyone gets beat their NFL players man, I'll hold judgment when he actually plays a full yr... Where's our NT and LBs? What the f**k are they doing?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I'm saying eveyone gets beat their NFL players man, I'll hold judgment when he actually plays a full yr... Where's our NT and LBs? What the f**k are they doing?

They're getting blown up too...but we didn't spend a Top 10 pick on them. Why blame everyone else because Buck can hold his own? That just shows you how s****y he is.

Great players rarely get beat. Bad players always get beat. Buck is more toward the bad players side. But nah, go and watch highlight reels instead of game film and get your info from selective sources.

1 on 1, Buck can't hold his own against the run. Simple as that. He can't stuff the Tackle or Guard on the line to clog the hole. He can't shade and force the back to pick one hole to make things easier for the LB.
They're getting blown up too...but we didn't spend a Top 10 pick on them. Why blame everyone else because Buck can hold his own? That just shows you how s****y he is.

Great players rarely get beat. Bad players always get beat. Buck is more toward the bad players side. But nah, go and watch highlight reels instead of game film and get your info from selective sources.

1 on 1, Buck can't hold his own against the run. Simple as that. He can't stuff the Tackle or Guard on the line to clog the hole. He can't shade and force the back to pick one hole to make things easier for the LB.

We will see...crazy thing is players can get better I know that's hard to understand. Campbell wasn't killing s**t his rookie yr.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
We will see...crazy thing is players can get better I know that's hard to understand. Campbell wasn't killing s**t his rookie yr.

Show game film from Campbell's rookie year then.

I'd rather trade him and have some other team rely on unseen potential. You're getting mad at me because you're hoping for some magical development when I'm telling you what is shown on film. lol yeah, it's hard to understand make believe results in a real life game.

Anyways, back on topic. McDowell >>>>> any current 49ers DL. Nose, end. At nose or at end. Doesn't matter.

Show game film from Campbell's rookie year then.

I'd rather trade him and have some other team rely on unseen potential. You're getting mad at me because you're hoping for some magical development when I'm telling you what is shown on film. lol yeah, it's hard to understand make believe results in a real life game.

Anyways, back on topic. McDowell >>>>> any current 49ers DL. Nose, end. At nose or at end. Doesn't matter.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/calais-campbell?id=744

Campbell's draft profile...crazy he got better didn't think that could happen.

"More suited to play the edge, as he had problems defeating the combo blocks when forced to play in-line, as he struggles to sink his weight and keep his pads down, causing problems for him protecting his feet vs. low blocks...Must learn to protect his legs, as he leaves his lower body exposed too often...Physical player, but he sometimes spends too much time trying to overpower the blocker when he should be slipping off the block to make plays in pursuit...Has good lateral agility, but when he plays too tall in his stance, he takes time redirecting when trying to close on the quarterback...Needs to show better recognition ability, as he will bite on pumps and fakes...Has to do a better job of keeping blockers out of his chest, as he sometimes gets too upright in his stance, allowing the opponent to leverage against him...Could use more lower-body strength, as he can be ridden wide at the point of attack...Frustration late in games will see him over-pursue."

Who were you drafting a 7? Buckner was regarded as the best 3-4 DE in the draft (name me a rookie 3-4 DE that's playing better?)...if we were stupid for drafting him then every single draft analysis was as well...all the people that voted him PAC 12 defensive player were dumb as well apprently.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 22, 2016 at 1:07 PM ]
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
"Physical player, but he sometimes spends too much time trying to overpower the blocker when he should be slipping off the block to make plays in pursuit" Buckner doesn't have that unless you want to add that to your make believe development.

I would've drafted Leonard Floyd who reminded me a lot like Aldon Smith. UGA also dropped him into coverage and he wasn't lost like Aldon was. A perfect versatile fit for any 3-4.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
"Physical player, but he sometimes spends too much time trying to overpower the blocker when he should be slipping off the block to make plays in pursuit" Buckner doesn't have that unless you want to add that to your make believe development.

I would've drafted Leonard Floyd who reminded me a lot like Aldon Smith. UGA also dropped him into coverage and he wasn't lost like Aldon was. A perfect versatile fit for any 3-4.

Originally I wanted Stanley or Ramsey but that didn't happen thanks to Tunsil, Robbie Gould, and Greg Zuerlein.

b******t he doesn't have that! my make believe development...stop that crap. Players can get better 90% of college players aren't fully developed as football players coming into the league.

I simply disagree with you...Campbell wasn't the player he is now coming out of college.

What has Stanley done? He's been hurt and when he's played he's been piss poor in pass blocking...so he's not gonna get better? Ramsey hasn't been a monster in the backfield either...guess he's not gonna be a stud based off 6 games either?

Defrost Buckner draft profile...

"Buckner reminds of the Cardinals' Calais Campbell. He has power and length. Ideally, he's a five-technique, which is the defense that San Francisco plays." -- Mike Mayock

"Impressive NFL-­ready physique. Has natural strength and power in his hands and improved their effectiveness this year. Not a content player, Buckner plays with effort and will continue working hands and feet to improve his positioning. Light went on as pass rusher in 2015. Generated top-­end production by combining his power and dynamic athletic traits. Improved his pad level as rusher creating dominating pocket push that he was able to convert into sacks and knockdowns. Rare tackle production for defensive lineman with 163 over last two seasons. Long arms and good play speed allow him maximum field coverage to tackle. Flexible upper body. Can flip shoulders, then hips around the edge of blockers allowing him to play on the other side of the line. Has size and athleticism for scheme versatility. Quick off the snap and difficult to cut­ off in run game."

Yes he needs to work on his pad level but so did Campbell coming out of college...that is something that can be coached and developed period.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
b******t he doesn't have that! my make believe development...stop that crap. Players can get better 90% of college players aren't fully developed as football players coming into the league.

I simply disagree with you...Campbell wasn't the player he is now coming out of college.

What has Stanley done? He's been hurt and when he's played he's been piss poor in pass blocking...so he's not gonna get better? Ramsey hasn't been a monster in the backfield either...guess he's not gonna be a stud based off 6 games either?

lol so easy for you to say things without proof. Must be from the Trump School of thought.

I'm gonna try something different since you seem allergic to game film

Ramsey's been balling
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/11/12882612/jalen-ramsey-aaron-rodgers-jacksonville-jaguars-rookie
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bal-jax-grades/

Way more than I can say for the guy you want pixie dust on.

Sure, Stanley has missed a few games due to a nagging foot injury. But there's nothing saying that he's getting beat.
vs Buffalo. 4 sacks given up by Batlimore, 0 by Stanley
0 sacks vs Cleveland
vs Jags 2 sacks given up by Batlimore, 1 by Stanley

soooo we're complaining about him giving up one sack in 3 games? But "it happens to everybody" when it comes to Buckner on skates.
lol so easy for you to say things without proof. Must be from the Trump School of thought.

I'm gonna try something different since you seem allergic to game film

Ramsey's been balling
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/11/12882612/jalen-ramsey-aaron-rodgers-jacksonville-jaguars-rookie
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bal-jax-grades/

Way more than I can say for the guy you want pixie dust on.

Sure, Stanley has missed a few games due to a nagging foot injury. But there's nothing saying that he's getting beat.
vs Buffalo. 4 sacks given up by Batlimore, 0 by Stanley
0 sacks vs Cleveland
vs Jags 2 sacks given up by Batlimore, 1 by Stanley

soooo we're complaining about him giving up one sack in 3 games? But "it happens to everybody" when it comes to Buckner on skates.

Giving up pressures not just sacks Ramsey is currently 62nd overall among CBs in PFF he's not balling AND they were both draft before we pick so who cares.

And don't you f**king ever throw my name in with trump...I'm done with you my friend. I think a rookie can get better you don't plain and simple.

If analysis and draft exprerts are all wrong...then maybe you need to go take their jobs. I've watched him play and yes his pad level is high (which will happen being 6-7) but it's something that can be coached!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-why-pff-is-obsessed-with-deforest-buckner/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cowboys-49ers-grades/

"DeForest Buckner's pass-rush production was a bright spot for the 49ers, as he generated one hit and three hurries on 35 pass rushes and earned a 79 pass-rush grade for the game."
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 22, 2016 at 2:38 PM ]
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Giving up pressures not just sacks Ramsey is currently 62nd overall among CBs in PFF he's not balling AND they were both draft before we pick so who cares.

And don't you f**king ever throw my name in with trump...I'm done with you my friend. I think a rookie can get better you don't plain and simple.

If analysis and draft exprerts are all wrong...then maybe you need to go take their jobs. I've watched him play and yes his pad level is high (which will happen being 6-7) but it's something that can be coached!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-why-pff-is-obsessed-with-deforest-buckner/

We'll bring up hurries but nothing saying Stanley is constantly giving up hurries. That's....Trump-ish.
Buckner will magically become a different player against the run. I guess we have all the best people who know all the best techniques too huh? lol

Buck ever had a stand out game like Stanley and Ramsey? I'll wait. Waiting is easy because the entire Niner Empire is doing the same thing.

Again McDowell >>>>> any current 49ers DL. Nose, end. At nose or at end. Doesn't matter.
We'll bring up hurries but nothing saying Stanley is constantly giving up hurries. That's....Trump-ish.
Buckner will magically become a different player against the run. I guess we have all the best people who know all the best techniques too huh? lol

Buck ever had a stand out game like Stanley and Ramsey? I'll wait. Waiting is easy because the entire Niner Empire is doing the same thing.

Again McDowell >>>>> any current 49ers DL. Nose, end. At nose or at end. Doesn't matter.

Wait? it's been 5 games for him how about you at least give it a yr or so before your done labeling a player?....stanley is the 44th rated tackle Buckner is the 39th overall DL according to PFF.

All of these rookies have a lot to prove and I'm willing to give them time. You?
Share 49ersWebzone