Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 564 users in the forums

Devonte Fields OLB Louisville

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by fan49:
I would love a qb too. But this is not a great qb class. There is no one to be enamored with. Only two for sure players worth a top 5 no matter what is garrett and fournette

My preferred plan would be Garrett then trade our 2nd for Jimmy G...there's are version of Mack/Carr
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by fan49:
I would love a qb too. But this is not a great qb class. There is no one to be enamored with. Only two for sure players worth a top 5 no matter what is garrett and fournette

My preferred plan would be Garrett then trade our 2nd for Jimmy G...there's are version of Mack/Carr

*our

I like what Fields shows on the ... field...

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm ready to cheer for a dude who likely punched his girlfriend in the face. We'd also have to stop sh!tting on Seahawks fans for rooting on Frank Clarke, which I'm also not ready to do.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
*our

I like what Fields shows on the ... field...

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm ready to cheer for a dude who likely punched his girlfriend in the face. We'd also have to stop sh!tting on Seahawks fans for rooting on Frank Clarke, which I'm also not ready to do.

s**t lol I'm always driving and typing...gotta stop that

Yeah I get it but I'm all for a redemption story too
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 17, 2016 at 3:25 PM ]
Looks like Fields is viewed more highly than many of us thought. #7 overall prospect based on the average rankings of Todd McShay, Mel Kiper Jr, Rob Rang, Matt Miller, and Steve Palazzolo (PFF). All 5 had him in the top 32 prospects and the average ranking was 9.6.

Someone's rankings (McShay or Kiper?) are biased in favor of ND players though as they have Quenton Nelson as the #3 overall prospect and McGlinchey at #10. Most of the rankings are fairly recent other than McShay's which are from October 5th.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ranking-the-top-32-nfl-draft-prospects-2016-11/#6-jamal-adams-s-lsu-6

Note that big boards do not indicate where players are expected to be drafted - there will probably be 3-4 QB's taken in the first round. Kizer was the top rated QB on Rang's board and Miller's board while Watson was the highest rated QB on Palazzolo's board. I'm not an Insider so I can't see where McShay and Kiper rank the QB's.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Looks like Fields is viewed more highly than many of us thought. #7 overall prospect based on the average rankings of Todd McShay, Mel Kiper Jr, Rob Rang, Matt Miller, and Steve Palazzolo (PFF). All 5 had him in the top 32 prospects and the average ranking was 9.6.

Someone's rankings (McShay or Kiper?) are biased in favor of ND players though as they have Quenton Nelson as the #3 overall prospect and McGlinchey at #10. Most of the rankings are fairly recent other than McShay's which are from October 5th.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ranking-the-top-32-nfl-draft-prospects-2016-11/#6-jamal-adams-s-lsu-6

Note that big boards do not indicate where players are expected to be drafted - there will probably be 3-4 QB's taken in the first round. Kizer was the top rated QB on Rang's board and Miller's board while Watson was the highest rated QB on Palazzolo's board. I'm not an Insider so I can't see where McShay and Kiper rank the QB's.

I checked out Rob Rang, Matt Miller, and Steve Palazzolo (PFF) rankings and I didn't see him at all (wasn't in Matt Miller's top 50)? Not sure if I missed him
I don't have ESPN insider either, but just based on mocks I've been seeing he's nowhere in the top 32.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Looks like Fields is viewed more highly than many of us thought. #7 overall prospect based on the average rankings of Todd McShay, Mel Kiper Jr, Rob Rang, Matt Miller, and Steve Palazzolo (PFF). All 5 had him in the top 32 prospects and the average ranking was 9.6.

Someone's rankings (McShay or Kiper?) are biased in favor of ND players though as they have Quenton Nelson as the #3 overall prospect and McGlinchey at #10. Most of the rankings are fairly recent other than McShay's which are from October 5th.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ranking-the-top-32-nfl-draft-prospects-2016-11/#6-jamal-adams-s-lsu-6

Note that big boards do not indicate where players are expected to be drafted - there will probably be 3-4 QB's taken in the first round. Kizer was the top rated QB on Rang's board and Miller's board while Watson was the highest rated QB on Palazzolo's board. I'm not an Insider so I can't see where McShay and Kiper rank the QB's.

I checked out Rob Rang, Matt Miller, and Steve Palazzolo (PFF) rankings and I didn't see him at all (wasn't in Matt Miller's top 50)? Not sure if I missed him
I don't have ESPN insider either, but just based on mocks I've been seeing he's nowhere in the top 32.

You're right - thought the list looked odd, but didn't check it fully at 2 AM. Smoot isn't in everyone's top 32 either. It's also impossible for Wormley's average pick to be 29.4 if he only shows up in the top 32 once (#7) and isn't in Matt Miller's top 50. Even if you assumed he was 51st on Miller's board and 33rd on the remaining mocks (absurd assumptions), you would end up with 31.4.

It seems like they ignored picks 33-50 on Miller's board and just set everyone not listed in the top 32 of a draft to 35, which would result in an average of 29.4 (not a good assumption). They also messed up badly when they were coming up with average rankings and top 32s.

Interesting idea, but whoever compiled this obviously did a terrible job.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
You're right - thought the list looked odd, but didn't check it fully at 2 AM. Smoot isn't in everyone's top 32 either. It's also impossible for Wormley's average pick to be 29.4 if he only shows up in the top 32 once (#7) and isn't in Matt Miller's top 50. Even if you assumed he was 51st on Miller's board and 33rd on the remaining mocks (absurd assumptions), you would end up with 31.4.

It seems like they ignored picks 33-50 on Miller's board and just set everyone not listed in the top 32 of a draft to 35, which would result in an average of 29.4 (not a good assumption). They also messed up badly when they were coming up with average rankings and top 32s.

Interesting idea, but whoever compiled this obviously did a terrible job.

Yeah I was confused lol.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
  • Posts: 1,489
Still one of the more versatile 3-4 OLBs in the draft. A pass-rusher that does a decent job dropping into coverage. Not quite to the level of Leonard Floyd, but still good. Especially if he's there from the 3rd and beyond.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
While everyone is enamored with Myles Garrett and rightfully so...there are other pass rushers (and good ones) in this upcoming draft

I like me some Fields late in the 2nd or early 3rd this year. He reminds me of Chandler Jones (he was about he same size as Fields coming out of the draft)

He's got long arms, is explosive, and can lineup all over the place...he was a monster at TCU with 18.5 TFL and 10 sacks as a freshman.

"Lining up in a three-point stance at both left and right defensive end, Fields has the edge speed and flexible body type to threaten the corner, creating holding penalties with his shoulder dip and sharp 90-degree turns. He uses his length and lean to keep blockers from his body while also flashing the secondary quickness once disengaged to find and pursue the ball carrier. Fields also looks natural on his feet when asked to drop in space, which will make him an appealing prospect to both 4-3 and 3-4 teams."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1996848/devonte-fields

He's got his off field issues but as far as I know has been fine in Louisville.






Thoughts?



Oh s**t s**t. I loved him s**t. He is beasts for good pass rush. I must watch him for play this Saturday? He is play for TCU? Let me know. He will play against to college game and when? Let me know please.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Oh s**t s**t. I loved him s**t. He is beasts for good pass rush. I must watch him for play this Saturday? He is play for TCU? Let me know. He will play against to college game and when? Let me know please.

He plays for Louisville and they play LSU on the 31st
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Oh s**t s**t. I loved him s**t. He is beasts for good pass rush. I must watch him for play this Saturday? He is play for TCU? Let me know. He will play against to college game and when? Let me know please.

He plays for Louisville and they play LSU on the 31st



Cool. He will play game against at who team? And when is game?
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Cool. He will play game against at who team? And when is game?

I feel like a Navajo code talker trying to decipher what you type.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Oh s**t s**t. I loved him s**t. He is beasts for good pass rush. I must watch him for play this Saturday? He is play for TCU? Let me know. He will play against to college game and when? Let me know please.

He plays for Louisville and they play LSU on the 31st



Cool. He will play game against at who team? And when is game?

Louisville Cardinals
9-3, 2nd in Atlantic Division
Citrus Bowl
Sat, Dec 31, 10:00 AM on ABC
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida

19LSU
Tigers(7-4)

15Louisville
Cardinals(9-3)


I can't wait watch this Saturday. Thanks NY
he's a stud I'd be happy with him In the second if we don't land myles.. I dnot think he makes it to round 3..
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
  • Posts: 1,489
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
he's a stud I'd be happy with him In the second if we don't land myles.. I dnot think he makes it to round 3..

He shouldn't but his off the field issues from a couple years back might scare some teams.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone