Originally posted by Quest4six:
You have good taste NY
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/183962-devonte-fields/search=Fields

HA I didn't even know there was already a thread
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/devonte-fields/

Wow this guy is great.

- Can 2 gap from the outside (Outside contain and B/C gap)
- Takes on and beats blockers
- Doesn't look lost in coverage like Aldon Smith did
- Has a decent speed rush
- FSU ran away from this guy most of the game
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Oct 21, 2016 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by TheNef77:
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/devonte-fields/

Wow this guy is great.

- Can 2 gap from the outside (Outside contain and B/C gap)
- Takes on and beats blockers
- Doesn't look lost in coverage like Aldon Smith did
- Has a decent speed rush
- FSU ran away from this guy most of the game

Yeah I think he's been undervalued based off of off field issues from like 3 seasons ago.

He's currently the 80th overall prospect on cbs prospects (I expect that to rise) if we could move back into the 2nd I would love to get this kid.
Bumping this back up. Definite competition for our pass rushers in name only, two of whom should be off the roster next season.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Bumping this back up. Definite competition for our pass rushers in name only, two of whom should be off the roster next season.

He's currently the 96th overall prospect in CBS rankings...that's a steal at the end of the 3rd. One sack yesterday is BS.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's currently the 96th overall prospect in CBS rankings...that's a steal at the end of the 3rd. One sack yesterday is BS.

I'm thinking QB with our 1st, trade back a little with our 2nd and take a NT, ILB, and maybe Fields in the 3rd. Still need to address the receiver position, but so far those moves fill a lot of holes.

I'm thinking QB with our 1st, trade back a little with our 2nd and take a NT, ILB, and maybe Fields in the 3rd. Still need to address the receiver position, but so far those moves fill a lot of holes.

IF we could trade back a little for a extra third that would be ideal....Go Mitch in the 1st, Corey Davis in the 2nd (trade back a little), 3rd go Beckwith or Victor at ILB, and with that 2nd 3rd get Fields

There are some nice NT prospects but I'd rather hit up FA for a proven vet. Poe would make for a nice addition (and see if Williams is healthy).

IF we could trade back a little for a extra third that would be ideal....Go Mitch in the 1st, Corey Davis in the 2nd (trade back a little), 3rd go Beckwith or Victor at ILB, and with that 2nd 3rd get Fields

There are some nice NT prospects but I'd rather hit up FA for a proven vet. Poe would make for a nice addition (and see if Williams is healthy).
This sounds like a nice path back tp respectability.
This sounds like a nice path back tp respectability.

but what happens if you trade back far enough for another team to go get your guy in front of you? Always a huge risk trading back when you have a particular player in mind.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
but what happens if you trade back far enough for another team to go get your guy in front of you? Always a huge risk trading back when you have a particular player in mind.

and that's the chance you take it's all hypothetical and wouldn't happen most likely lol

and that's the chance you take it's all hypothetical and wouldn't happen most likely lol

I'd rather go out and buy a NT, an ILB, depth/bridge QB, and some WR/RB talent then throw picks and trade-ups at QB, WR1, and edge rusher. Mitch, Davis, Fields would be crazy, but there are too many 1st round talents to fit in the 1st round, so we might get one of the top 3-4 edge guys at ~34, and get Sutton or Ross in the 3rd. Again, I'm totally cool throwing other picks on top of the 1,2,3 I've mentioned to move round for the guys. We have cap $$ to fill the roster with suitable depth, which is the only way to get actual value on FA. We need to use the draft to secure top-end talent. I like Alshon Jeffery, but part of the reason he might be available is that his health makes him less than dependable.
I'd rather go out and buy a NT, an ILB, depth/bridge QB, and some WR/RB talent then throw picks and trade-ups at QB, WR1, and edge rusher. Mitch, Davis, Fields would be crazy, but there are too many 1st round talents to fit in the 1st round, so we might get one of the top 3-4 edge guys at ~34, and get Sutton or Ross in the 3rd. Again, I'm totally cool throwing other picks on top of the 1,2,3 I've mentioned to move round for the guys. We have cap $$ to fill the roster with suitable depth, which is the only way to get actual value on FA. We need to use the draft to secure top-end talent. I like Alshon Jeffery, but part of the reason he might be available is that his health makes him less than dependable.

I could get down with all of the above! I'm all in favor of moving around to get who we want even if it means future picks...for the love of god I hope we spend some damn money this yr.
I don't think there is anyway this kid drops to the 3rd..he has showed the last 2 years he has matured and his troubles are behind him..a team will love him and take him mid 2nd round..i like him as my 3rd pass rusher behind Garrett and Harris from Missouri..
Share 49ersWebzone