There are 123 users in the forums

Greg Cosell Said this about the forum Boner

DeVante Parker - WR - Player

Based on tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell envisions Louisville WR DeVante Parker as a "complementary" Michael Crabtree-type receiver in the pros, as opposed to a true No. 1 wideout.

Cosell believes Parker is "not really vertically explosive" and more of a "short-to-intermediate receiver" who presumably may need offensive scheme to threaten downfield. "DeVante Parker to me is probably a second-tier wide receiver in the NFL, not a lead dog," said Cosell. Parker ran forty times of 4.45 and 4.50 at the Combine. He measured in at 6-foot-3 and 209 pounds.

and I like this about Strong:
After watching Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong's college tape, NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Strong doesn't maximize his speed because he is an unrefined route runner.

Draftniks were shocked when Strong ran 4.44 at the Combine; he doesn't play that fast. Cosell believes this can be fixed. "He's a kid that needs to tighten his route running quite a bit," said Cosell. "Lot of wasted motion in his route running, which prevents him from maximizing his speed. My guess is that can be taught." Cosell praised Strong for "very, very good body control" and his ability to win contested catches. Strong is a polarizing prospect, but should be a top-50 pick.

any question why WE should`nt draft Parker now? I would pick Strong before Parker

here`s what he said about Kevin White: After studying West Virginia WR Kevin White's college tape, NFL Films' Greg Cosell came away believing White's game and build were "reminiscent" of Terrell Owens.

"That kind of sort of big, powerful, fast guy," observed Cosell. "White is big and explosive. I mean I think he was about 6-foot-2 1/2, 215. He's a quick-twitch explosive athlete for a kid that size. And he looks physical playing. When you see him on film, he just looks powerful and strong. And he has that explosive burst to him for a big wideout. He was very strong run after catch." Cosell suggested White might best fit in a "Don Coryell" type vertical offense. You can listen to Cosell's take on this year's wide receiver class at the link below.
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 19, 2015 at 8:43 PM ]
You can find the above info on rotoworld.com
I've been saying this for a month now.
If we can trade down and get Strong I'd be pretty happy with that. Seems like a perfect compliment to Torrey Smith in a couple of years. Can learn a bunch from Boldin in the short term.
Originally posted by AUniner:
If we can trade down and get Strong I'd be pretty happy with that. Seems like a perfect compliment to Torrey Smith in a couple of years. Can learn a bunch from Boldin in the short term.

would be nice if they don`t take DGB, but I see this with Parker,He is not what we need ,Heck Crabtree just left why do we need to repeat what we had already seessh
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
DeVante Parker - WR - Player

Based on tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell envisions Louisville WR DeVante Parker as a "complementary" Michael Crabtree-type receiver in the pros, as opposed to a true No. 1 wideout.

Cosell believes Parker is "not really vertically explosive" and more of a "short-to-intermediate receiver" who presumably may need offensive scheme to threaten downfield. "DeVante Parker to me is probably a second-tier wide receiver in the NFL, not a lead dog," said Cosell. Parker ran forty times of 4.45 and 4.50 at the Combine. He measured in at 6-foot-3 and 209 pounds.

and I like this about Strong:
After watching Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong's college tape, NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Strong doesn't maximize his speed because he is an unrefined route runner.

Draftniks were shocked when Strong ran 4.44 at the Combine; he doesn't play that fast. Cosell believes this can be fixed. "He's a kid that needs to tighten his route running quite a bit," said Cosell. "Lot of wasted motion in his route running, which prevents him from maximizing his speed. My guess is that can be taught." Cosell praised Strong for "very, very good body control" and his ability to win contested catches. Strong is a polarizing prospect, but should be a top-50 pick.

any question why WE should`nt draft Parker now? I would pick Strong before Parker

here`s what he said about Kevin White: After studying West Virginia WR Kevin White's college tape, NFL Films' Greg Cosell came away believing White's game and build were "reminiscent" of Terrell Owens.

"That kind of sort of big, powerful, fast guy," observed Cosell. "White is big and explosive. I mean I think he was about 6-foot-2 1/2, 215. He's a quick-twitch explosive athlete for a kid that size. And he looks physical playing. When you see him on film, he just looks powerful and strong. And he has that explosive burst to him for a big wideout. He was very strong run after catch." Cosell suggested White might best fit in a "Don Coryell" type vertical offense. You can listen to Cosell's take on this year's wide receiver class at the link below.

Wait so Parker is too slow to get separation at 4.45 and Strong is faster than his tape shows and can be taught to play faster at 4.44?

I think Parker is more of a Brandon Marahall type because Parker is actually a redzone threat unlike Crabtree. Oh well, time will tell. Plus, I wouldn't mind Crabtree who can out jump people in the redzone and with less attitude that is matched up with Torrey smith.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Wait so Parker is too slow to get separation at 4.45 and Strong is faster than his tape shows and can be taught to play faster at 4.44?

I think Parker is more of a Brandon Marahall type because Parker is actually a redzone threat unlike Crabtree. Oh well, time will tell. Plus, I wouldn't mind Crabtree who can out jump people in the redzone and with less attitude that is matched up with Torrey smith.

Dude just get over it Parker is overhyped and over rated. The sooner u and everyone else except me and a few other realize this the better the mock draft forum will be
Well Parker has been compared to Aj green quite a bit so I guess you know a lot more than a lot of experts. Anyone else that isn't as good that you KNOW for sure about? Too funny!
Originally posted by Tslope90:
Dude just get over it Parker is overhyped and over rated. The sooner u and everyone else except me and a few other realize this the better the mock draft forum will

What do AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitgerald, Roddy White, Victor Cruz, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Mathews, Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, Marques Colston, Greg Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Pierre Garcon, and Josh Gordon have in common? They all ran the 40 yard dash at the same speed or slower than Parker.

I will be more than happy to "get over it", if you can tell me how he is over rated and over hyped? Is it his 33 TDs? Is it his 18 yds/catch average? Is it how he toasted PJ Wiliams who is one of the top corners in the draft when they played?

The sooner you realize that if he is there at 15 (Which he probably won't be) we are gonna take him, the better off you will be. The sooner we all learn how to use grammar and punctuation the better the forum will be.
Cosell also said that Perriman is a first round prospect. I always felt that way about him. Doesn't get the attention he deserves.

Originally posted by Mann716:
Cosell also said that Perriman is a first round prospect. I always felt that way about him. Doesn't get the attention he deserves.

... and I think he's right about Perryman. This guys has all the tools except he's a bit of liability in coverage. Oddly enough, he even looks like Patrick Willis. You can't go wrong with Linebackers from the U. Ray Lewis, Jonathan Vilma, Michael Barrows, Jon Beason, Jessie Armstead (OLB).

I hope SF finds a way to draft him. Even if we trade back in the 1st (which I don't think we will) let's draft him!!!

Wait Greg Cosell who looks at tons and tons of film over years and years don`t know what he is talking about? He is pretty much spot-on on His evaluation of football players, and you flynhayn15 look at HOW MUCH film? over how many years?....Now who do you think people are gonna believe an Expert or You who is not an expert film evaluator ?

Wait Greg Cosell who looks at tons and tons of film over years and years don`t know what he is talking about? He is pretty much spot-on on His evaluation of football players, and you flynhayn15 look at HOW MUCH film? over how many years?....Now who do you think people are gonna believe an Expert or You who is not an expert film evaluator ?
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well Parker has been compared to Aj green quite a bit so I guess you know a lot more than a lot of experts. Anyone else that isn't as good that you KNOW for sure about? Too funny!
put some expert names on the comparsion
Originally posted by Tslope90:
Dude just get over it Parker is overhyped and over rated. The sooner u and everyone else except me and a few other realize this the better the mock draft forum will

What do AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitgerald, Roddy White, Victor Cruz, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Mathews, Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, Marques Colston, Greg Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Pierre Garcon, and Josh Gordon have in common? They all ran the 40 yard dash at the same speed or slower than Parker.

I will be more than happy to "get over it", if you can tell me how he is over rated and over hyped? Is it his 33 TDs? Is it his 18 yds/catch average? Is it how he toasted PJ Wiliams who is one of the top corners in the draft when they played?

The sooner you realize that if he is there at 15 (Which he probably won't be) we are gonna take him, the better off you will be. The sooner we all learn how to use grammar and punctuation the better the forum will be.

You know there is underwear SPEED and there is FOOTBALL ON THE FIELD SPEED,and Parker Underwear speed DOES NOT match His Football on the field speed,it`s not there and if you can`t see that you are blind or refuse to see the truth.
Parker isn't like Crabtree because he's a lot more aggressive when the ball comes his way. Crabtree is way too soft in that regard and doesn't attack the ball.

I do agree with his assessment on Strong and think he's going to be the better receiver in time.
Share 49ersWebzone