LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Greg Cosell Said this about the forum Boner

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Ok, Parker does not play fast? You are basing this on what? Are you repeating something Lord Cosell said or do you know what that means? Can you give me examples of how he doesn't play fast?

Lord Cosell said Strong doesn't play fast either but his lack of speed is fixable. Can you give me examples of why Parker's speed is not fixable? Or are you the one who is "Blindly" defending Lord Cosell?

I didn't ever say he was the only WR worth drafting. Shoot, if any of the top 3 were there at 15, I would sign for them right now. But the difference is you think there is a huge disparity between the top 2 and Parker and I don't. I have a feeling NFL GMs don't either and we are probably arguing in vain because he won't be there at 15.

You bring up Rice? You are proving my point, that "slow" 40 times don't mean you can't be a deep threat in the NFL. And you said "On the field he is slow." Please give me your definition of slow and examples of how Parker is that please. Or are you "blindly" attacking him.

You said he "struggles to get open regularly." When a guy is the only option on a team and he scores a TD every 5 catches for a total of 33 TDs. I would venture to say he wasn't struggling too much. BTW, he score more TDs in one season then Odell Beckham score in his entire college career. So I would love to struggle like he does!

You said, "I acted like and even said I was and expert by the way I blindly defended his short comings." Please go back and find one quote where I said he was an expert! Also, what shortcomings (plural) were presented for me to defend? He is too slow? I defended that with stats. Please give me an example of my blind defense please. And for future reference when someone says stuff like, "I think" and "I guess we will see" that usually is not. "Acting like an expert."

Finally, let's say you are right and Parker is slow. Wouldn't that be even more impressive that he was so productive on the field? You bring up Strong and Smelter. Why was a slow receiver was more productive then them and why did he average more yds/catch then them? Shoot, he even averages more yds/catch than Ted Ginn when he was in college and definitely doesn't "play slow on the field."

PS. Why would I want to leave God "along?"
Hey I have Eyes,I watched quite a few Louisville games for the past 5 years pre-paker games, and I have watched this kid for several years and I see what I see,you need to take off those ROSE-Colored Glasses Son ,you Mad, and in Love with Parker all day every day and five times on the weekend,I guess fat meat is`nt greasey is it Flyn......Look you are not gonna win me over nor or you gonna convince me to see through your rose-colored glasses

So let's get this straight. You spew nonsense. I call you out on it using stats and facts, and get you a chance to respond with thoughtful arguments or some sort of empirical data and the best you can come up with is....

"I have eyes and you have rose colored glasses!"

Of all the questions I asked you to respond to you couldn't even answer 1 of them. Good job bro! You should become a lawyer. You closing arguments would go like this. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. I know that the state has provided all of this evidence that Mr. Simpson killed his wife and Mr. Goldman, but I am here to tell you that Greg Cosell said he was a good football player, so don't look at the evidence blindly and just rule not guilty!"
So let's get this straight. You spew nonsense. I call you out on it using stats and facts, and get you a chance to respond with thoughtful arguments or some sort of empirical data and the best you can come up with is....

Of all the questions I asked you to respond to you couldn't even answer 1 of them. Good job bro! You should become a lawyer. You closing arguments would go like this. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. I know that the state has provided all of this evidence that Mr. Simpson killed his wife and Mr. Goldman, but I am here to tell you that Greg Cosell said he was a good football player, so don't look at the evidence blindly and just rule not guilty!"

I don`t need facts or figures I`m above the toys you play with and you are all over the place,First GOD now you are talking about OJ and Ron Goldman,Its time to stop playing with the Bunny Son, I`m done! When you go to bed tonight, make sure you Dream of your Wonderlust,cause in your world you`re the Squirrel getting a NUTT, get my point, IM DONE cause at the end of the day Parker will not be a 9er and that is all that matter to me. for s**ts and giggles I don`t need no stinkin facts

I don`t need facts or figures I`m above the toys you play with and you are all over the place,First GOD now you are talking about OJ and Ron Goldman,Its time to stop playing with the Bunny Son, I`m done! When you go to bed tonight, make sure you Dream of your Wonderlust,cause in your world you`re the Squirrel getting a NUTT, get my point, IM DONE cause at the end of the day Parker will not be a 9er and that is all that matter to me. for s**ts and giggles I don`t need no stinkin facts

Yeah heaven forbid you would let facts and figures ruin a weak argument! You definitely have mastered the art using the most words, without really ever saying anything substantial. If Parker could run like you run from arguments and allude defenders like you dodge facts, he would be the best WR in the NFL.
Yeah heaven forbid you would let facts and figures ruin a weak argument! You definitely have mastered the art using the most words, without really ever saying anything substantial. If Parker could run like you run from arguments and allude defenders like you dodge facts, he would be the best WR in the NFL.

Don't bother arguing with him anymore. We had the same argument in the Parker thread and all he did was say : you must not watch tape. I do. Blah blah blah.

Hes got a real bad case of cognitive dissonance. It's borderline trolling because he made a thread to provoke this reaction and then he get all up in arms when people disagree. I mean just look at the title and the content of his posts. They're useless.

That is all. I'm done here.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Don't bother arguing with him anymore. We had the same argument in the Parker thread and all he did was say : you must not watch tape. I do. Blah blah blah.

Hes got a real bad case of cognitive dissonance. It's borderline trolling because he made a thread to provoke this reaction and then he get all up in arms when people disagree. I mean just look at the title and the content of his posts. They're useless.

That is all. I'm done here.

Shmuck for a shmuck .Just because I see Parker for what He is and there more of us who agree with a Professional then there are of you guys don`t make us wrong SHMUCK,you and your 50 - dollar punk words now troll on that Shmuck,,,,btw what films have you watched? the ones that show Parker Always being contested on 95% of balls thrown his way ,in the pros that s**t ain`t gonna work, But since you`re not a lead-dog I guess you fit right in with Parker,you know what I`m gonna get you and flyn some pom poms so you can cheer your boy on, that ought make you feel all warm and cozy .
  • thl408
Talk about Parker. Thanks.
Shmuck for a shmuck .Just because I see Parker for what He is and there more of us who agree with a Professional then there are of you guys don`t make us wrong SHMUCK,you and your 50 - dollar punk words now troll on that Shmuck,,,,btw what films have you watched? the ones that show Parker Always being contested on 95% of balls thrown his way ,in the pros that s**t ain`t gonna work, But since you`re not a lead-dog I guess you fit right in with Parker,you know what I`m gonna get you and flyn some pom poms so you can cheer your boy on, that ought make you feel all warm and cozy .

The same could be said for strong he is constantly contested on balls thrown his way....we already had a down the field threat in smith. Like we've all said players like Jeffery, colston, AJ aren't super fast but use their length and size to make catches. Parker would be a great compliment to our current squad without a doubt.

I also wouldn't mind strong in a trade down, but I think Parker is a better WR at this point.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 22, 2015 at 8:20 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

The same could be said for strong he is constantly contested on balls thrown his way....we already had a down the field threat in smith. Like we've all said players like Jeffery, colston, AJ aren't super fast but use their length and size to make catches. Parker would be a great compliment to our current squad without a doubt.

I also wouldn't mind strong in a trade down, but I think Parker is a better WR at this point.
I agree, plus if people want to say that Parker plays slow. Strong doesn't play like he has a 40 inch vertical. Some players are running full speed and stop and jump straight up in the air and high point the ball making them impossible to defend. Strong is more of a broad jump catcher rather than a vertical jump catcher if you know what I mean. An analogy I can use is a base ball outfielder, so outfielders are moving the whole time until they catch the ball and others move as soon as the ball is hit and then just stand still and let the ball fall into their gloves. Parker seems to know where the ball will be once it is thrown and gets to that point and jumps straight up, where as Strong is letting the ball come to him and jumps when he needs to. (This actually worked to his favor in the hail Mary catch) Strong has the physical ability to grow in that area, but at this pint it seems like it is not as natural for hm.

But I`m not a Strong fan per say,I like Strong better then Parker,if I had to choose between the 2, I would go with Strong, But my #1 choice would be White, then Cooper ,then DGB and then Strong....

But I`m not a Strong fan per say,I like Strong better then Parker,if I had to choose between the 2, I would go with Strong, But my #1 choice would be White, then Cooper ,then DGB and then Strong....

Well we all know where you stand on Parker so I won't try to sway you on anything lol. There is a reason Parker is viewed as a top 10 prospect and strong and DGB are not. He is more polished and at this point and is a all-round better WR then both.

Parker would be a stud with Kap and help are red zone issues and I don't think you can debate that....either way we will find out in a month who baalke was after

Well we all know where you stand on Parker so I won't try to sway you on anything lol. There is a reason Parker is viewed as a top 10 prospect and strong and DGB are not. He is more polished and at this point and is a all-round better WR then both.

Parker would be a stud with Kap and help are red zone issues and I don't think you can debate that....either way we will find out in a month who baalke was after
Yes we will and it is a Moot Point,Parker will NOT be a 9er.
I know what I see and Parker will NOT be the WR you think He will in the NFL,remember I told you so when it comes to past,Remember Peter Warrick?
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 23, 2015 at 4:09 PM ]

I know what I see and Parker will NOT be the WR you think He will in the NFL,remember I told you so when it comes to past,Remember Peter Warrick?
OOOOH! I wanna play! I am gonna go with David Boston! Oh sorry, I thought we were playing a game of name a 1st round WR bust that has almost nothing in common with Parker.

Not sure I get the comparison...Warrick was fast and small, Parker tall and slightly less fast...specifics?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 23, 2015 at 7:59 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not sure I get the comparison...Warrick was fast and small, Parker tall and slightly less fast...specifics?

you are looking at size,I'm basing my opinion on the HYPE and the Boner some folks on this forum have for Parker Boston was a big strong Wideout and He turned out as a Bust ,Parker may not be a Bust but He will be nothing special in the NFL He will be OVERDRAFTED(Clevland)
you are looking at size,I'm basing my opinion on the HYPE and the Boner some folks on this forum have for Parker Boston was a big strong Wideout and He turned out as a Bust ,Parker may not be a Bust but He will be nothing special in the NFL He will be OVERDRAFTED(Clevland)

Does this mean we should only draft WRs that no one likes?
Share 49ersWebzone