LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 272 users in the forums

MadDog49er First Top 32 Graded Players in NFL Draft

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You have to be true to what you see. For me, Mack was a no brainer as the best player in the 2014 class, and Clowney was not in his league as a pro prospect. You have to ignore all the noise if you want to give an honest analysis.

A couple years ago, a board member stacked his draft with Christian Ponder as the best player and Ricky Stanzi as the second best. He argued his points well, and even though I thought him to be insane in his analysis, he stuck to his guns and gave reasons for the choices. Arguing on behalf of other sports writers or what your GM does or doesn't do is not good analysis. It is not genuine and usually ends up being flawed.
in short: it is always about real arguments.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Quinten Rollins is a player starting to climb into the back end of the 1st round of a few mocks and big boards, largely based on his enormous upside. Where do you rank him currently and where would you rank him if rankings were based purely on upside?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
MD, where's my favorite player, Marcus Peters? I know there's off the field stuff, but purely based on what he does on the field, is this kid not a top player?

Yea he's got some issues but I think he's the best CB in the draft. dude is nice.

From what i've seen, I gave him the highest grade I've given a CB. Last player to impress me this much was Aaron Donald
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
If you kept your list going, what # ranking would Jalaen Strong place at?

I have him at 35. Really like him a lot. Great hands, tracking the ball, excellent pro physique. Little to no separation is his biggest issue to me, But, my number 5 WR nonetheless, should have a really productive pro career,
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quinten Rollins is a player starting to climb into the back end of the 1st round of a few mocks and big boards, largely based on his enormous upside. Where do you rank him currently and where would you rank him if rankings were based purely on upside?

Don't have him as high as some others, So green. Great upside but a LONG way to go, Expect absolutely nothing in year one, which is scary to me.
Originally posted by communist:
in short: it is always about real arguments.

Build your argument, and stick to your guns.
Know a great many are detailed and have a lot of information but wondered which draft sites people trust for options and tend to be proved right ? Apart from here of course, which should always be first point of call.

Nfldraftcountdown ? Walterfootball ?
Waynes is your top CB, how does this year's crop compare to last year's in your estimation? Some of the rookie DBs looked quite promising
This year list is gonna be out of wack not a lot of good talent guys are all over the place
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Curveball the team could throw the fans this draft would be selecting Cameron Erving at 15, or maybe shocking the world with Maxx Williams. Both are going to be climbers in the pre-draft process. Erving is far and away the best center in this draft, and may be one of those guys you look back at someday and say, "What a great anchor for a dozen years". Very, very low bust potential. Think Miami and Pittsburgh are happy with the play of the Pouncey boys. He might be that good.

I hear talk that Erving has even been seen as a potential tackle prospect (think Max Unger back when he was a prospect).

• thl408
I read somewhere that outside pass rusher is the deepest position in this draft. Was wondering what you guys thought of that, and if not, what is the deepest position in your assessment? And I might as well ask, what are the three deepest positions?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I hear talk that Erving has even been seen as a potential tackle prospect (think Max Unger back when he was a prospect).

Erving has the most experience at tackle and only changed to center midway through this year, but looked terrific in the transition. It may end up being the best place for him.
Originally posted by thl408:
I read somewhere that outside pass rusher is the deepest position in this draft. Was wondering what you guys thought of that, and if not, what is the deepest position in your assessment? And I might as well ask, what are the three deepest positions?

I count 15 "edge" prospects that are worthy (as of now) in the top 3 rounds.. not including a few that I see more of in a 34DE role.

WR, RB, and OL (lumped together due to many being versatile) are pretty deep, I'd say. CB and S is okay.. not the best, not the worst. Other than the QB and 34DE class (thin after top few), I don't see any position group that is remarkably anorexic.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I count 15 "edge" prospects that are worthy (as of now) in the top 3 rounds.. not including a few that I see more of in a 34DE role.

WR, RB, and OL (lumped together due to many being versatile) are pretty deep, I'd say. CB and S is okay.. not the best, not the worst. Other than the QB and 34DE class (thin after top few), I don't see any position group that is remarkably anorexic.

The TE group this year is lean, as well as the ILB position. To me, the safety class is pretty bad, and the QBs are abominable.

The crop of RBs, DTs and edge rushers is impressive
Who's the WR that we most likely have a shot at drafting with our #1 pick?
Share 49ersWebzone