LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Chris Borland?

Originally posted by Crown:
any one else have the guilty pleasure of going back and laughing at the responses to draft picks?

Absolutely! All of the Madden experts on here we're so confused how we could pick a short white LB with less than 80 spd!
Judging a rookie after a handful of games is as questionable as assuming that a draft pick will certainly bust.

the offenses have taken notice of him and will try to take him out of the game. If he responses to it as it is still his first game, nice. If not, then the experts were not that wrong.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
There were other ILB's they could add later like Skov or Lamin Barrow. We still needed a CB and Gaines and Desir were on the board, We could have added a big road grader like G Gabe Jackson to take over for Iupati next year or start opposite him. We still hadn't taken a WR and we could have gotten Donte Moncreif who many thought would be gone in rd 2.

Borland might still have been there at #94 and if not there were other good ILB's on the board. He looks like a special teams player and depth and the other I mentioned project as very possible future starters as well as depth. Borland is short, slow and on the NFL site is described as having T-REX arms. Can't see him replacing Willis down the line. JMO

How you feeling now...........
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
There were other ILB's they could add later like Skov or Lamin Barrow. We still needed a CB and Gaines and Desir were on the board, We could have added a big road grader like G Gabe Jackson to take over for Iupati next year or start opposite him. We still hadn't taken a WR and we could have gotten Donte Moncreif who many thought would be gone in rd 2.

Borland might still have been there at #94 and if not there were other good ILB's on the board. He looks like a special teams player and depth and the other I mentioned project as very possible future starters as well as depth. Borland is short, slow and on the NFL site is described as having T-REX arms. Can't see him replacing Willis down the line. JMO

lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Like I later said, great pick. I was going off scouting reports when I questioned us drafting him but obviously after seeing him play he is loaded with intangables that make him a special player. I am surprised the scouting reports didn't mention how much better he was than his so called measurables. Glad the scots for the 49ers did their homework and realised how good he would be for us.
Share 49ersWebzone