There are 156 users in the forums

Chris Borland?

Bwahahahaa
Lot of crow on the menu
Always fun to see overreactions on Oct. 1st :)

Let me offer my own, mid-Nov overreaction: Chris Borland is the best ILB in football today, and without him (likely with Moody filling in) we're currently riding a 4-6 record, and are already looking forward to the 2015 draft.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
This guy is Zach Thomas 2.0.

Riki Ellison

Hacksaw

well look at you
funny part about these threads, I have to go through and make sure I didn't say anything dumb

Luckily I said this guy was legit, just didn't think he would find playing time. Well wrong about our need for the position!!! But not about him
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
funny part about these threads, I have to go through and make sure I didn't say anything dumb

Luckily I said this guy was legit, just didn't think he would find playing time. Well wrong about our need for the position!!! But not about him

I had to check, I thought I commented on him, didn't.

Anyway, I loved the pick to be honest, had him as my #2 ILB behind Mosley.

Loving this draft big time, Hyde was one of my top 3 backs If I remember, Martin was my top Center, Ward top SS, and Ellington was among my favorite WRs in the draft. I had Lynch in the mid round section. I loved the kid from his ND days(Of course I'm a big ND homer, lol).
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I had to check, I thought I commented on him, didn't.

Anyway, I loved the pick to be honest, had him as my #2 ILB behind Mosley.

Loving this draft big time, Hyde was one of my top 3 backs If I remember, Martin was my top Center, Ward top SS, and Ellington was among my favorite WRs in the draft. I had Lynch in the mid round section. I loved the kid from his ND days(Of course I'm a big ND homer, lol).

hah, same here. I remembered Lnych from ND, forgot about him at USF. I remember seeing him at ND and thinking "wow this dude could be in the NFL today " He was a monster at ND
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We could have taken G Gabe Jackson and really made our OL a beast with the addition of him and Marcus Martin. We could have drafted a WR with some speed to develop. We could have added a CB like Desir. There were other ILB's available late 3rd and 4th rd we could add for depth.

This is the 1 pick I don't get.

I am hoping Borland has changed your mind a bit by now.
This was my least favorite draft pick.
  • dj43
Fun thread.

Originally posted by stonecold590:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We could have taken G Gabe Jackson and really made our OL a beast with the addition of him and Marcus Martin. We could have drafted a WR with some speed to develop. We could have added a CB like Desir. There were other ILB's available late 3rd and 4th rd we could add for depth.

This is the 1 pick I don't get.

I am hoping Borland has changed your mind a bit by now.
I never saw Borland in college. At the time all I knew about him was scouting reports and combine info. He is not particuarly fast. Has short arms and was said to be a liability in pass coverage. The book was he is a good 2 down linebacker who can play the run well. I thought he was valued as a 4th-5th rounder.

After seeing him play it is obvious he has a lot of heart, a great motor, great fundamentals and great instincts. He is beyond depth. He will eventually take over for Willis. Awesome pick. Awesome draft.

We all come on the boards and comment about this pick or that pick but in the end I will trust the GM, Coaches and Scouts to know more than all of us and do a good job of drafting and I love the way Baalke manipulates the draft for value.

After I created this thread someone who had seen him play said you will love this guy. He was right. The front office hit this draft out of the park.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He will fill the spot while Bowman is recovering. He's super instinctive. A bowling ball. A tackling machine. Very underestimated. A great pick IMO.

From May 9, 2014. On the first page. Look at page 1 if you want. I don't have to apologize to anybody. LOL......
You have never seen him play. LOL. He's a destroyer out there. The most instinctive guy on the field.

May 10, 2014. Quoting a poster. LOL.
You have never seen him play. LOL. He's a destroyer out there. The most instinctive guy on the field.

May 10, 2014. Quoting a poster. LOL.
You were right. Great pick. Glad he's a 49er.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
any one else have the guilty pleasure of going back and laughing at the responses to draft picks?
Share 49ersWebzone