There are 201 users in the forums

Targets for the *next* round

Didn't see a thread on who people want to draft in upcoming rounds.

For round 2: I'm hoping for Jordan Matthews or Allen Robinson,
I'm hoping for value.... players that flashed being elite in college and either the draft process or an off year caused them to drop from a potential top 15 pick...

Players that Require Trade Up

Marqis Lee
Allen Robinson
Louis Nix
Stephon Tuitt
Kony Ealy
Cody Latimer
Rashede Hageman

Players we could probably stay pat and pick

Phillip Gaines
Donte Montcrief
Demarcus Lawrence
Paul Richardson
Marcus Martin
Weston Richburg
Hageman, Tuitt, Latimer, Desir, Breeland, Murphy, Moncrief, Bitonio, Martin....any combination of those guys.

I would like to see a quality OL prospect somewhere in the next 4 or 5 picks.
ESPN has the 49ers taking Martavis Bryant and Brent Urban for what its worth. meh.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I'm hoping for value.... players that flashed being elite in college and either the draft process or an off year caused them to drop from a potential top 15 pick...

Marqis Lee
Allen Robinson
Louis Nix
Stephon Tuitt
Kony Ealy
Cody Latimer
Rashede Hageman

Phillip Gaines
Donte Montcrief
Demarcus Lawrence
Paul Richardson
Marcus Martin
Weston Richburg

Great list of players to trade up for

I didn't see Latimer play much though
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
ESPN has the 49ers taking Martavis Bryant and Brent Urban for what its worth. meh.

No thanks jeff

Kiper's Top 10 remaining.

Top 10 remaining

1. QB Derek Carr, Fresno State

The No. 21 player on my final Big Board, he's a possibility for the Houston Texans at No. 33.

2. WR Marqise Lee, USC

Lee would have been a likely top-10 pick last year, but his uneven junior year caused him to fall. He should be off the board quickly on Day 2.

3. RB Carlos Hyde, Ohio State The top running back on my board, Hyde has quick feet and the ability to make linebackers miss in the hole. He's great in short-yardage situations.

4. DE *Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame A terrific athlete for his size (6-foot-5, 304 pounds), Tuitt has great versatility.

5. OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU An instinctive player who plays faster than he was timed.

6. WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt A good route-runner, Matthews can hit another gear after the catch.

7. WR Bruce Ellington*, South Carolina A reliable and competitive receiver, he's a burner. One of the fastest risers during the draft process.

8. T Joel Bitonio, Nevada A mauler in the run game, Bitonio provides versatility.

9. T Morgan Moses, Virginia Moses has great length for the position and creates a long road around him, but he's only intermittently dominant.

10. *Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State One of the best pure pass-rushers in this draft but a bit of a tweener.

McShay's Top 10 remaining

1. Morgan Moses, T, Virginia (Grade: 92; Overall rank: 16): Defenders need to take a cab ride to get around his length. More effective on the left side than on the right in college.

2. Marqise Lee, WR, USC (Grade: 90; Overall rank: 24): He isn't a burner, but he plays faster than his timed speed would indicate. He struggled with ball skills in 2013 but was very productive his first two seasons.

3. Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame (Grade: 89): He's a top-15 prospect in this draft based purely on talent, as he has a unique combo of size and straight-line speed and the versatility to play different positions in multiple fronts. Needs to show much more consistent effort.

4. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (Grade: 89): He came on strong down the stretch, and he has above-average, first-step quickness and explosive closing burst in getting to the quarterback.

5. Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada (Grade: 89): A tone-setter who gives outstanding effort, Bitonio is a good fit in a zone-blocking scheme.

6. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama (Grade: 88): He struggled at times this season and has been associated with some injury concerns, but he has very good physical tools.

7. Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (Grade: 88): A tough, aggressive, physical runner with prototypical size and good top-end speed for a power back. Has the versatility to catch passes out of the backfield and help in pass protection.

8. Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA (Grade: 88): Above-average initial quickness, good leverage and aggressive demeanor.

9. Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (Grade: 88): A good fit for a West Coast offense with his size, toughness and instincts. Latimer possesses great ball skills and good straight-line speed.

10. Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame (Grade: 88): A massive nose tackle prospect with very good quickness for his size and good snap anticipation. His 2013 tape didn't match what he showed during the 2012 season.

• thl408
I'd like one of the interior OL prospects: Martin/Swanson

And a speed WR: someone good

Then BPAs that aren't QB, RB, TE, Safety
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
WR
Jordan Mathews
Donte Moncrief
Cody Latimer
Jarvis Landry
Allen Robinson

OLB/DE
Kony Ealy
Kyle Van Noy
Scott Crichton

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

Marqis Lee
Allen Robinson
Louis Nix
Stephon Tuitt
Kony Ealy
Cody Latimer
Rashede Hageman

Phillip Gaines
Donte Montcrief
Demarcus Lawrence
Paul Richardson
Marcus Martin
Weston Richburg

Someone familiar with draft pick values and the like: What would it take to move up into the top 10 picks of the second round to take whichever Baalke prefers of Latimer or Robinson? 56 + ???

If we could package 56 + a third and maybe a late round pick to get to the 38-42 range and grab Robinson, then stand pat at 61 and take Phillip Gaines, that's a home run to me.
Scouts Inc Top Remaining WR's

Marqise Lee WR 5'11¾"192 USC

Cody Latimer WR6'2½"215Indiana88635

Davante Adams WR 6'0⅞"212 Fresno State

Jarvis Landry WR 5'11½"205 LSU

Jordan Matthews WR 6'3⅛"212 Vanderbilt

Bruce Ellington WR 5'9⅜"197 South Carolina

Allen Robinson WR 6'2⅝"220 Penn State

Martavis Bryant WR 6'3¾"211 Clemson

Scouts Inc. Top Remaining CB's

Stan Jean-Baptiste CB 6'2⅝" 218Nebraska

Lamarcus Joyner CB 5'8" 184 Florida State

Bashaud Breeland CB 5'11⅜"197 Clemson

Keith McGill CB 6'3⅜" 211 Utah

Pierre Desir CB 6'1" 198 Lindenwood

Phillip Gaines CB 6'0⅜"193 Rice

Jaylen Watkins CB 5'11½"194 Florida

Aaron Colvin CB 5'11⅜"177 Oklahoma

Dontae Johnson CB 6'2⅛"200 North Carolina State

If Baalke wants a BIG cornerback, he'll have a shot at some real monsters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
I want to see a trade up for either Ellington, Latimer, or Desir.

Also, might be very unpopular, but say we trade up using a 2nd and 3rd and stay pat with our other 2nd round pick, wouldn't mind seeing Carlos Hyde if running backs continue to fall... Dude's a straight beast
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

count me in on suicide watch if that happens
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Someone familiar with draft pick values and the like: What would it take to move up into the top 10 picks of the second round to take whichever Baalke prefers of Latimer or Robinson? 56 + ???

If we could package 56 + a third and maybe a late round pick to get to the 38-42 range and grab Robinson, then stand pat at 61 and take Phillip Gaines, that's a home run to me.

I don't really see the 49ers drafting Gaines, he's not a good fit as a man to man corner, much better zone or Tampa 2 corner. Not a good tackler or very physical either.
Share 49ersWebzone