LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 144 users in the forums

Targets for the *next* round

Originally posted by Cooper22:
I want to see a trade up for either Ellington, Latimer, or Desir.

Also, might be very unpopular, but say we trade up using a 2nd and 3rd and stay pat with our other 2nd round pick, wouldn't mind seeing Carlos Hyde if running backs continue to fall... Dude's a straight beast

If Carlos Hyde fell to us that wouldn't be unpopular at all. The guy has no business falling to our 2nd and would immediately solidify our future backfield for years to come.
I'm as big a fan of Ellington as there is but I don't really think we need to trade up for him. Kiper needs to get off his dick!
WR Latimer
Montcrief

[b]DE
Tuitt

OG Gabe Jackson[/b]
Gabe Jackson is another interesting name. He'd provide depth at guard and would be a replacement for Iupati after the season.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
WR Latimer
Montcrief

DE Tuitt

OG Gabe Jackson

lol, beat me too it.
Why are so many around here down on a Martavis Bryant pick? A 6-4 guy who runs sub 4.4? I don't get why people would have a problem with a player like that. Can someone explain this to me?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
WR Latimer
Montcrief

DE Tuitt

OG Gabe Jackson

lol, beat me too it.

Dakota Dozier in the Third doe.
Originally posted by crake49:
Why are so many around here down on a Martavis Bryant pick? A 6-4 guy who runs sub 4.4? I don't get why people would have a problem with a player like that. Can someone explain this to me?

Because there's more to being a WR than being 6'4 and running a sub 4.4 40. He has unreliable hands, lots of double catching and juggling, he makes ordinary catches look like an adventure.

Scouts have also basically questioned whether or not he's a potato. Reportedly has trouble learning a playbook, if that's the case, the 49ers already went on that boat ride with AJ Jenkins not too long ago.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Guys you want never get drafted, so he's already off the list.
could we stay where we are at in the second round and get both Phillip Gaines and Donte Montcrief? If so that would be SWEET in my opinion!!!!!!! Or Mathews

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Guys you want never get drafted, so he's already off the list.

Tis the plight of IdahoNiner
Originally posted by crake49:

Because there's more to being a WR than being 6'4 and running a sub 4.4 40. He has unreliable hands and scouts have already basically questioned whether or not he's a potato.

I personally hate Martavis Bryant as a prospect. To me he is Tommy Streeter. A Height/Weight/Speed guy that is not a football player.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I personally hate Martavis Bryant as a prospect. To me he is Tommy Streeter. A Height/Weight/Speed guy that is not a football player.

I think he's a better prospect than Tommy Street was. A lot more talent there, I have no doubt he'll be able to beat teams over the top but will he actually catch the ball when he does? Also I question how long it will take him to get out on the field, if he has issues learning a playbook, Roman's massive tome might take awhile.
I am surprised Jordan Matthews is not a more popular choice in terms of hope, I wouldn't mind at all if he fell to us. Like him much better than Ellington and Latimer. I hope Desir is there for our 2nd choice today.
ESPN has the 49ers taking Martavis Bryant and Brent Urban for what its worth. meh.

Meh. Bryant is a good prospect but there are many other WRs that are more appealing. Second round is where I see Baalke trading up to nab a quality WR.

I'll throw out another name that isn't on the tongue tips of Niners fans. What about the big Samoan guard out of UCLA - Su'a-Filo as an eventual replacement for Iupati? Would require a trade up but I can see it happening.
Share 49ersWebzone