There are 890 users in the forums
Yay Area's 2014 Draft Version 3
- 1 2
Browse 49ers books and videos
Apr 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM
- T-9ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,820
I'm not seeing this webzone obsession of drafting 2 wide receivers early. Looking at the guys we have and the guys we've brought in to compete for a slot, drafting two receivers with picks which are guaranteed to make the team doesn't add up to me. I'll take Odell, but I think you're underestimating what it will take to move up this year.
Apr 27, 2014 at 6:16 PM
- jrouter4949
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,738
Originally posted by YayArea:
I wanted this version to be a little more aggressive. So I have included two trades:
No. 30 and No. 77 for No. 21
No. 56 and No. 94 for No. 34
No. 21 - O'dell Beckham, WR, LS, 5'11'', 198, 4.43
We move up to secure Beckham, who will immediately become our top returner and will be a great deep threat at WR.
No. 30 - Traded to Green Bay for No. 21
No. 34 - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU, 5'10'', 189, 4.38
We move up to grab Jason Verrett, who falls out of the first round due to his size. However, his film shows that he is arguably the best corner in the draft and can come in and compete right away as a slot cornerback.
No. 56 - Traded to Washington for No. 34
No. 61 - Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana, 6'3'', 215, 4.45
With our second 2nd round pick, we select Cody Latimer, who our staff seems to really like. He has the size and speed to stretch the field, similar to Josh Gordon
No. 77 - Traded to Green Bay for No. 21
No. 94 - Traded to Washington for No. 34
No. 100 - Keith McGill, CB, Utah, 6'3'', 211, 4.47
With our 3rd round comp pick, we select Keith McGill, who fits the new mold of cornerbacks in the NFL.
No. 129 - David Fales, QB, San Jose St., 6'2'', 212, 4.99
In the 5th round, we select Fales, who Harbaugh really likes, and can come in and compete for the backup QB spot.
No. 242 - Brandon Thomas, G, Clemson, 6'3'', 317, 5.09
Here we select Thomas, who serves as this year's Baalke special. He is a solid guard, who can redshirt for year, and then come in and compete for a backup guard spot and potentially a starting guard spot depending on what happens with Iupati.
No. 243 - Jonathan Dowling, S, Western Kentucky, 6'3'', 190, 4.52
His measurables are too much to pass on at this point. He has great potential and could potential.
No. 245 - Gator Hoskins, FB/TE, Marshall , 6'2'', 253, 4.73
Will be a solid backup to Bruce Miller and can also fill some of the role that Delanie Walker played.
I like every draft except the McGill, would perfer the CB from Clemson Buashad or something like that,or Desir from Lindenwood College other then that I like your thinking especially taking 2 WRs yesss.
Apr 27, 2014 at 6:18 PM
- jrouter4949
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,738
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I'm not seeing this webzone obsession of drafting 2 wide receivers early. Looking at the guys we have and the guys we've brought in to compete for a slot, drafting two receivers with picks which are guaranteed to make the team doesn't add up to me. I'll take Odell, but I think you're underestimating what it will take to move up this year.
that is because you DON'T see the Bigger picture
Apr 27, 2014 at 6:56 PM
- MC9BEAT
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,173
You parlay our 1st 5 picks into Beckham Jr. Verrett and Latimore.
We could stand pat. Take Verrett at #30 and Latimore at # 61
We would then still have #56, #77 and #94 in a deep draft. We could take WR Moncreif at #56 and still have #77 and #94 to add more talent. Maybe another pass rusher or a C like Marcus Martin or a big CB like Jean-Baptiste or Desir or Philip Gaines. Is Beckham JR. worth Moncreif and two 3rd round picks?
We could stand pat. Take Verrett at #30 and Latimore at # 61
We would then still have #56, #77 and #94 in a deep draft. We could take WR Moncreif at #56 and still have #77 and #94 to add more talent. Maybe another pass rusher or a C like Marcus Martin or a big CB like Jean-Baptiste or Desir or Philip Gaines. Is Beckham JR. worth Moncreif and two 3rd round picks?
Apr 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM
- genus49
- Moderator
- Posts: 28,467
I like the picks tho I think your drafts are unrealistic and I don't think the guys you have at certain spots will actually be there.
- 1 2