LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 240 users in the forums

AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

Originally posted by 4ML:
With Culliver coming back from a serious injury and Brown likely leaving in the FA - it's important for Niners to find a CB in mid-rounds during the draft. Looked really good Senior Bowl practices. Doesn't shy away from tacking ball-carriers, is physical, and has quickness to stay with WRs.

Give me: CB, Jaylen Watkins, Florida

The other Watkins....LOL
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Where I picked--------------------MadDog's Big Board ranking

21) Stephon Tuitt-----------------36) Stephon Tuitt (15 picks too high...not a big difference considering he'll likely shine at combine and move up)
54) Jimmie Ward-----------------33) Jimmi Ward (19 picks too late...I like him a lot in 2nd roud for niners. My fav. safety in draft)
66) Jared Abbrederias----------81) Jared Abbrederis (15 picks too high...if you believe in a guy 15 picks is nothing. Fits the Niners so well)
78) Martavis Bryant--------------67) Martavis Bryant (raw...but anyone who has watched him play can see the potential this kid has)
85) Jaylen Watkins--------------49) Jaylen Watkins (my best value pick...IMO he's one of the better complete CBs in the draft - and to boot...great tackler)

This is still Feb. and Combine is yet to begin and a lot can and will change. None of the big boards are going to be accurate in Feb...but this is for some perspective.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 18, 2014 at 1:30 AM ]

21) Stephon Tuitt-----------------36) Stephon Tuitt (15 picks too high...not a big difference considering he'll likely shine at combine and move up)
54) Jimmie Ward-----------------33) Jimmi Ward (19 picks too late...I like him a lot in 2nd roud for niners. My fav. safety in draft)
66) Jared Abbrederias----------81) Jared Abbrederis (15 picks too high...if you believe in a guy 15 picks is nothing. Fits the Niners so well)
78) Martavis Bryant--------------67) Martavis Bryant (raw...but anyone who has watched him play can see the potential this kid has)
85) Jaylen Watkins--------------49) Jaylen Watkins (my best value pick...IMO he's one of the better complete CBs in the draft - and to boot...great tackler)

This is still Feb. and Combine is yet to begin and a lot can and will change. None of the big boards are going to be accurate in Feb...but this is for some perspective.

Please don't use Mad dog as a point of reference lol
At least not with me lol I am not a fan of his
Personally I think he gets way too much credit here
His I told you so of JJ Watt is overshadowed by huge flops which he ignores
why do you think that he gets too much credit?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Please don't use Mad dog as a point of reference lol
At least not with me lol I am not a fan of his
Personally I think he gets way too much credit here
His I told you so of JJ Watt is overshadowed by huge flops which he ignores

You don't need to be a fan. I don't worship the guy either. He posted his big board today so I thought I'll compare my picks with his board. It was general observation - not a reply to you in particular. I've disagreed with him plenty of times in the past.

As for flops - you'll always have more flops than hits in a draft. Draft isn't exact science. Lot of things have to go right for a player to play upto his potential. But i know he can rub ppl off the wrong way. I wasn't usin pg his board as a reference board - just a comparison bc it's easy to do rather than going online and using boards from other website.
With pick # 87, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

- DL -- Kelcy Quarles -- South Carolina

Excellent value here, and his skills will provide KC
with the rush DE they need along the front line.
Mr.McGibblets, you are fired as chiefs' GM.
because AB said so.
Originally posted by communist:
Mr.McGibblets, you are fired as chiefs' GM.
because AB said so.

what I do wrongz???? ......
AB said on his page that the chiefs have to pick a TE with their first-rounder.
otherwise the gm should be fired immediately.

btw, the dog is ugly...

no, he isnt, just kidding.
but you are still fired :p
[ Edited by communist on Feb 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM ]
as if AB knows the Chiefs like I know the Chiefs! yeah.... riiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhht!

I used to at least appreciate his work. I didn't tend to agree with him because he always makes a hand full of huge surprises. Examples, Alshon Jeffrey in his eyes wasn't even a top 50 player and he publicly stated how he doesn't like his future. Then there's Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, he was super high on him. Only person who had him in the top 30. I have no problems with making big guesses and putting yourself out there. But when you do and people disagree with you, or it turns out you're wrong, just humbly admit you're wrong. He never does that, he talks down to you. He does the whole I'm mightier then you post. Then deflects his misses to JJ Watt, even though it's been pointed out that he would of drafted Gabbert over him.

Rant over lol I think this started with Vince Young way back. I said bust waiting to happen he said super star.
Come on lets finish this!! We're so close
And I have a surprise last pick lol
Bengals select Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Bengals select Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois

wow shocker pick !!!
Can anybody convince me why we need a D-lineman AT ALL in this draft?
Share 49ersWebzone