LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

there it is, potential...honestly, I DO look at the near future because I want the SB now and not in 3-5 years.
For me, a guy remains a low-rounder if he has high potential because for me, high potential is another expression for "didnt do much in college"...especially if a Watkins is running around in the same offense, I do question his ability a little bit.

Honestly, I want us to go for another speedster rathen than for a possession guy. We simply don't have any speed at WR and as much as I like Abbrederis, I don't think that he has the top-speed. And even if he does, we still need another guy.
I am talking about speedster with quickness, REAL quickness. not relatively good quickness given his size like Bryant. But, perhaps Bryant will show some nice quickness at the Combine.

But, I would not hate on Baalke if he make a move like you did.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
there it is, potential...honestly, I DO look at the near future because I want the SB now and not in 3-5 years.
For me, a guy remains a low-rounder if he has high potential because for me, high potential is another expression for "didnt do much in college"...especially if a Watkins is running around in the same offense, I do question his ability a little bit.

Honestly, I want us to go for another speedster rathen than for a possession guy. We simply don't have any speed at WR and as much as I like Abbrederis, I don't think that he has the top-speed. And even if he does, we still need another guy.
I am talking about speedster with quickness, REAL quickness. not relatively good quickness given his size like Bryant. But, perhaps Bryant will show some nice quickness at the Combine.

But, I would not hate on Baalke if he make a move like you did.

I definitely want the Superbowl now as well. IMO...we should have won last two years...but, when you go into draft - you can't think like that because that's how you miss on guys (especially in mid-rounds) who can change your franchise for next 10 years imho.

Your concerns are very real about Martavis. He is extremely raw and didn't produce as much as he should have. He was one of the top WR recruits from high-school and should have done better. But, some guys mature a little later...and Martavis is starting to show what he can do. This was his first year starting...and had he stayed - I'm quite sure he would have put Watkins numbers next year.

He was asked to strictly run deep routes to compliment Watkins. You know very well that a lot of things have to go right to complete a deep pass. You are not going to put up huge numbers if all you're asked to do is run deep routes.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 17, 2014 at 11:45 AM ]
Overall, I'm ok with his draft.

With Tuitt, I disagree too but I understand his point.
Bryant is simply raw, reminds me of Stephen Hill. Personally, I would pick him with our latest 3rd-rounder
Right and Hill hasn't done anything and has been a dissapointment so far

Originally posted by 4ML:
...yea, it's called a sleeper pick for a reason. Btw...agian, it's Feb...pre-combine...lol ppl acting like they know who will get drafted in these mid-rounds lol

I just checked nfldraftscout.com - they've him going in 2-3 round and rated him as no. 12 WR in the draft...lol

True, I believe he's ranked like 75th overall
While JA is ranked like 98th-99th overall
Tuitt is ranked 40th
Ward is ranked 62nd
Ravens select Weston Richburg C Colorado St.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Overall, I'm ok with his draft.

With Tuitt, I disagree too but I understand his point.
Bryant is simply raw, reminds me of Stephen Hill. Personally, I would pick him with our latest 3rd-rounder
Right and Hill hasn't done anything and has been a dissapointment so far

...yea, it's called a sleeper pick for a reason. Btw...agian, it's Feb...pre-combine...lol ppl acting like they know who will get drafted in these mid-rounds lol

I just checked nfldraftscout.com - they've him going in 2-3 round and rated him as no. 12 WR in the draft...lol

True, I believe he's ranked like 75th overall
While JA is ranked like 98th-99th overall
Tuitt is ranked 40th
Ward is ranked 62nd

Yes...I don't follow them strictly. I was just showing that there is a reputed scout who has projected that Martavis can be drafted in 2nd or 3rd round. That's all. I don't see a ranking on a website and run with it. Can Tuitt be available at 30th? Absolutely but Packers made me an offer that I couldn't refuse.

I quoted from NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM to show how silly your confidence seems to be when you talk in absolutes that this guy will go in certain round. Combine is starting this week and then pro-days are in March and April. Still a long ways to go before you can say this is a huge reach or I got such a steal. lol...no one knows where these mid-round guys will get drafted in Feb before combine.

It's Feb. - things will change a LOT. You may very well be right and you could just as well be wrong. We all here are making predictions based on very little info (at least when compared to the info the GMs will have on these players). So, let's not pretend like we know exactly what we're talking about. It's a crap-shoot and I'm drafting guys who I feel today will do well in the pros. That may change after combine and workouts...and it may not.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM ]
Jets need a lot of help on offense. Their next target is TE, but because I'm at work and can't negotiate a trade without delaying everybody, I'm going to go ahead and reach a little bit
Jets select TE C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa

Dolphins select Ka'Deem Carey RB
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Jets need a lot of help on offense. Their next target is TE, but because I'm at work and can't negotiate a trade without delaying everybody, I'm going to go ahead and reach a little bit
Jets select TE C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa

Dolphins select Ka'Deem Carey RB

don't think you reached for Fiedorowicz at all there...
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Bears select E.J. Gaines - CB - Missouri
Browns select Bashaud Breeland CB Clemson
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cardinals select: RB Bishop Sankey, Washington

• 4ML
  • Veteran
With Culliver coming back from a serious injury and Brown likely leaving in the FA - it's important for Niners to find a CB in mid-rounds during the draft. Looked really good Senior Bowl practices. Doesn't shy away from tacking ball-carriers, is physical, and has quickness to stay with WRs.

Give me: CB, Jaylen Watkins, Florida

Eagles select Stanford OT Cameron Fleming.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Hhmmm I really wonder where this guy rankz on cbs sporting has him #190 ranking N a 6th round pick ...kinda confuseing
With Culliver coming back from a serious injury and Brown likely leaving in the FA - it's important for Niners to find a CB in mid-rounds during the draft. Looked really good Senior Bowl practices. Doesn't shy away from tacking ball-carriers, is physical, and has quickness to stay with WRs.

Give me: CB, Jaylen Watkins, Florida

Was hoping for EJ. Gains but he was taken ....I just hope this Watkins is as good as sammy N just not hpyed up cause of his last name ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Hhmmm I really wonder where this guy rankz on cbs sporting has him #190 ranking N a 6th round pick ...kinda confuseing

my feeling is different, I think he is upside, could be a good rotational OT for them. I like CBS Sports for the height, weight and 40 times, but other than that I rank all players in my views.
Share 49ersWebzone