LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

With Abbredaris you get exactly what you saw. He gets open and catches everything thrown in his direction. In case you haven't noticed we have dropsies from our receivers at times. This kid might even be able to teach Vernon how to catch. He's not a body guy but a hands guy and he understand the concept of highpointing the ball to catch it. Most of our guys don't like to leave their feet for some reason. When it comes to route running, I agree with Kiper completely. He may be the best in this draft. He simply uses that skill to get open. We used to have another guy that played much like this kid. Ya know, sub speed, great routes, great hands, made plays? And, he has produced against top talent at the CB position in this draft (Roby, Jean-Baptiste). So he's white. So are Welker, Decker, Nelson and a hand full of other talented and productive receivers in the NFL. He's not a burner but he is a heck of an athlete who goes up and fights for the ball. Oh, and he can block. They are pretty good at running the ball at Wisconsin. Lastly, he's tough and will play hurt and if you want to take a look at his stats, please also note the stats for Wisconsin's other receivers during the same time frame. He was doing what he did without the luxury of a strong second receiver.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Vikings select Jackson Jeffcoat - DE - Texas
Bills wanted a TE but will wait since there is no great value here
and they select OG Cyril Richardson Baylor
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Feb 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM ]
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
With Abbredaris you get exactly what you saw. He gets open and catches everything thrown in his direction. In case you haven't noticed we have dropsies from our receivers at times. This kid might even be able to teach Vernon how to catch. He's not a body guy but a hands guy and he understand the concept of highpointing the ball to catch it. Most of our guys don't like to leave their feet for some reason. When it comes to route running, I agree with Kiper completely. He may be the best in this draft. He simply uses that skill to get open. We used to have another guy that played much like this kid. Ya know, sub speed, great routes, great hands, made plays? And, he has produced against top talent at the CB position in this draft (Roby, Jean-Baptiste). So he's white. So are Welker, Decker, Nelson and a hand full of other talented and productive receivers in the NFL. He's not a burner but he is a heck of an athlete who goes up and fights for the ball. Oh, and he can block. They are pretty good at running the ball at Wisconsin. Lastly, he's tough and will play hurt and if you want to take a look at his stats, please also note the stats for Wisconsin's other receivers during the same time frame. He was doing what he did without the luxury of a strong second receiver.

Well said. I really like what I am reading about this guy and will be pleased if he is in a Niner uniform.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Ppl focus too much on 40 times...and they want 6'3 215lb guy. I haven't seen him getting tackled too many times when he has a step on the defender. Also, he consistently beats the coverage deep with his excellent quickness and best in the draft route running ability. So what if he runs a 4.5 instead of 4.4? What I love about him - he can play on all 3 levels. He's great with those screen passes and using his blockers. He's excellent over the middle and because he can do that and has excellent double move - he can set up his defender and get behind defense. He did that frequently in college.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Ppl focus too much on 40 times...and they want 6'3 215lb guy. I haven't seen him getting tackled too many times when he has a step on the defender. Also, he consistently beats the coverage deep with his excellent quickness and best in the draft route running ability. So what if he runs a 4.5 instead of 4.4? What I love about him - he can play on all 3 levels. He's great with those screen passes and using his blockers. He's excellent over the middle and because he can do that and has excellent double move - he can set up his defender and get behind defense. He did that frequently in college.
Period. Discussion is over.

Everyone who comes up with his 40s again, has lost his credit
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

He can't play against physical CBs?

Destroys Roby again...

...that head-fake when he slows down destroys the DB. That's pro-level route-running right there.

[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 16, 2014 at 1:58 PM ]
Pick coming in a few minutes.
Giants select DE Michael Sam, Missouri.
are you talking to me?

Originally posted by birdie2bogey:

Well said. I really like what I am reading about this guy and will be pleased if he is in a Niner uniform.

Watched him play in the playoffs when he was in high school and he was actually a walk on until his junior year despite being a top receiver. He's actually faster than most think. He was a track stud in HS as well and still holds the state 110 high hurdle record. My hurdle time wasn't quite as fast as his when I was in high school but I ran a 4.5 40. He's at least that or a little better. Don't let his skin tone fool you. He can run. Ask Roby from OSU.

Destroys Roby again...

...that head-fake when he slows down destroys the DB. That's pro-level route-running right there.

There has to be some film of him going against Dennard somewhere as well.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Giants select DE Michael Sam, Missouri.

Does he really fit schematically with the Giants? They are still a 4-3 team and while he struggled in moving to OLB I think that is where he will line up in the pros.
Originally posted by communist:
Period. Discussion is over.

Everyone who comes up with his 40s again, has lost his credit

Also remember that he has played in a pro style system similar to that of the 49ers. His OC for his first two years in Madison was Paul Chryst, brother of Geep Chryst or passing coordinator. I think the 49ers will know all they want to about Abby. I know if SFO takes him it will cost me money because I'll purchase a jersey.
Originally posted by communist:
Abbrederis can catch and runs routes properly, is quick and intelligent. perfect match against seattle.

what safety are you talking about?
bigger upside does not mean that he will reach his potential for sure...

I am also not a fan of the 1st-round trade but if Tuitt translates without any problems, the opp offenses will have a hard time to guess what the hell is coming. we could rotate until their brain explodes.

I really like Dion Bailey and also I believe pairing up Reid with his old schoolmate Craig Loston would be great for the 49ers. I have also a late round pick that just traps my imagination, Nickoe Whitley he just had knee surgery... so does that ring any bells?
Share 49ersWebzone