Originally posted by DeUh:Fully expect Ellington to be picked by the Niners today.
You called it, DeUh.
There are 525 users in the forums
Originally posted by DeUh:Fully expect Ellington to be picked by the Niners today.
Originally posted by GamecockScott:Greetings, Niner Nation....I'm a Redskin fan, but more importantly, I'm a South Carolina Gamecock fan. I last commented here on April 27th, 2013 when your organization picked Marcus Lattimore(I posted under the screen name: JurgyFan...but, for some reason, no matter how many times I re-set my password, this site won't let me log on with that screen name anymore...oh well).
I wanted to take a moment in between beers to commend your first rate football club once again for having the foresight, intelligence and bearing to choose another great athlete in the NFL draft...Bruce Ellington. I have seen many of your comments and I appreciate the fact that you have welcomed him with open arms. As a Gamecock fan, I am ecstatic that Bruce is not only going to a first tier organization, but that he's being reunited with his college teammate, Marcus Lattimore. As a Redskin fan, this worries me...#1-because it means that (once again) most roads to the playoffs and the Super Bowl, if not all of them, go thru San Francisco, and, #2-the Redskin pick just prior to the Niners picking Ellington was a Clemson DB(Bashaud Breeland) that Ellington torched time and time again during their annual Carolina/Clemson games. WOE IS ME!!!!! The Skins could always use a good receiver...especially one as good as Ellington. We missed our chance.
A bit about Bruce Ellington: His work ethic at THE Carolina was surpassed only by that of Marcus Lattimore(whom you are already familiar with). And tho you already appreciate his talents, I feel I must tell you this...his college stats do not even approach a level commensurate with his talents. Here is why: He also started on the Carolina basketball team(which diluted his focus during his first 2 years)...and, his career targets were limited to a large extent by the other excellent receiver talent on the Gamecocks' squad during his college career(Alshon Jeffery, Ace Sanders, Shaq Roland, Pharoh Cooper and others).
Once again, your 49ers have gotten the steal of the draft. I simultaneously love and hate you for that.
Good luck this season(with the possible exception of November 23rd). (I'm not a bandwagon fan, but the Niners are now my SECOND favorite team)
Originally posted by GamecockScott:
Greetings, Niner Nation....I'm a Redskin fan, but more importantly, I'm a South Carolina Gamecock fan. I last commented here on April 27th, 2013 when your organization picked Marcus Lattimore(I posted under the screen name: JurgyFan...but, for some reason, no matter how many times I re-set my password, this site won't let me log on with that screen name anymore...oh well).
I wanted to take a moment in between beers to commend your first rate football club once again for having the foresight, intelligence and bearing to choose another great athlete in the NFL draft...Bruce Ellington. I have seen many of your comments and I appreciate the fact that you have welcomed him with open arms. As a Gamecock fan, I am ecstatic that Bruce is not only going to a first tier organization, but that he's being reunited with his college teammate, Marcus Lattimore. As a Redskin fan, this worries me...#1-because it means that (once again) most roads to the playoffs and the Super Bowl, if not all of them, go thru San Francisco, and, #2-the Redskin pick just prior to the Niners picking Ellington was a Clemson DB(Bashaud Breeland) that Ellington torched time and time again during their annual Carolina/Clemson games. WOE IS ME!!!!! The Skins could always use a good receiver...especially one as good as Ellington. We missed our chance.
A bit about Bruce Ellington: His work ethic at THE Carolina was surpassed only by that of Marcus Lattimore(whom you are already familiar with). And tho you already appreciate his talents, I feel I must tell you this...his college stats do not even approach a level commensurate with his talents. Here is why: He also started on the Carolina basketball team(which diluted his focus during his first 2 years)...and, his career targets were limited to a large extent by the other excellent receiver talent on the Gamecocks' squad during his college career(Alshon Jeffery, Ace Sanders, Shaq Roland, Pharoh Cooper and others).
Once again, your 49ers have gotten the steal of the draft. I simultaneously love and hate you for that.
Good luck this season(with the possible exception of November 23rd). (I'm not a bandwagon fan, but the Niners are now my SECOND favorite team)
Originally posted by GamecockScott:
As do I, my friend...as do I. It will be a joy to be able to watch him run the rock again. It's been way too long.
Originally posted by GamecockScott:
Greetings, Niner Nation....I'm a Redskin fan, but more importantly, I'm a South Carolina Gamecock fan. I last commented here on April 27th, 2013 when your organization picked Marcus Lattimore(I posted under the screen name: JurgyFan...but, for some reason, no matter how many times I re-set my password, this site won't let me log on with that screen name anymore...oh well).
I wanted to take a moment in between beers to commend your first rate football club once again for having the foresight, intelligence and bearing to choose another great athlete in the NFL draft...Bruce Ellington. I have seen many of your comments and I appreciate the fact that you have welcomed him with open arms. As a Gamecock fan, I am ecstatic that Bruce is not only going to a first tier organization, but that he's being reunited with his college teammate, Marcus Lattimore. As a Redskin fan, this worries me...#1-because it means that (once again) most roads to the playoffs and the Super Bowl, if not all of them, go thru San Francisco, and, #2-the Redskin pick just prior to the Niners picking Ellington was a Clemson DB(Bashaud Breeland) that Ellington torched time and time again during their annual Carolina/Clemson games. WOE IS ME!!!!! The Skins could always use a good receiver...especially one as good as Ellington. We missed our chance.
A bit about Bruce Ellington: His work ethic at THE Carolina was surpassed only by that of Marcus Lattimore(whom you are already familiar with). And tho you already appreciate his talents, I feel I must tell you this...his college stats do not even approach a level commensurate with his talents. Here is why: He also started on the Carolina basketball team(which diluted his focus during his first 2 years)...and, his career targets were limited to a large extent by the other excellent receiver talent on the Gamecocks' squad during his college career(Alshon Jeffery, Ace Sanders, Shaq Roland, Pharoh Cooper and others).
Once again, your 49ers have gotten the steal of the draft. I simultaneously love and hate you for that.
Good luck this season(with the possible exception of November 23rd). (I'm not a bandwagon fan, but the Niners are now my SECOND favorite team)
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Thank you for your great input. By the way, is your Redskins ever going to change their name? Good to hear you picked the RedNgold as your #2 team.
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
Welcome to the 'Zone and thanks for your insights! Glad to see a few of us got what we wanted in this draft. Most of us are still processing...
Originally posted by 4ML:That's the thing, your team is so deep, it has the luxury of providing time for these young players to develop within your system before throwing them to the wolves. You won't be sorry for either of those two picks...but, with each additional yard that Latt38 totes the ball for and for each additional catch Bruce makes, our honeymoon period gets closer to ending. lol.
Originally posted by GamecockScott:
Greetings, Niner Nation....I'm a Redskin fan, but more importantly, I'm a South Carolina Gamecock fan. I last commented here on April 27th, 2013 when your organization picked Marcus Lattimore(I posted under the screen name: JurgyFan...but, for some reason, no matter how many times I re-set my password, this site won't let me log on with that screen name anymore...oh well).
I wanted to take a moment in between beers to commend your first rate football club once again for having the foresight, intelligence and bearing to choose another great athlete in the NFL draft...Bruce Ellington. I have seen many of your comments and I appreciate the fact that you have welcomed him with open arms. As a Gamecock fan, I am ecstatic that Bruce is not only going to a first tier organization, but that he's being reunited with his college teammate, Marcus Lattimore. As a Redskin fan, this worries me...#1-because it means that (once again) most roads to the playoffs and the Super Bowl, if not all of them, go thru San Francisco, and, #2-the Redskin pick just prior to the Niners picking Ellington was a Clemson DB(Bashaud Breeland) that Ellington torched time and time again during their annual Carolina/Clemson games. WOE IS ME!!!!! The Skins could always use a good receiver...especially one as good as Ellington. We missed our chance.
A bit about Bruce Ellington: His work ethic at THE Carolina was surpassed only by that of Marcus Lattimore(whom you are already familiar with). And tho you already appreciate his talents, I feel I must tell you this...his college stats do not even approach a level commensurate with his talents. Here is why: He also started on the Carolina basketball team(which diluted his focus during his first 2 years)...and, his career targets were limited to a large extent by the other excellent receiver talent on the Gamecocks' squad during his college career(Alshon Jeffery, Ace Sanders, Shaq Roland, Pharoh Cooper and others).
Once again, your 49ers have gotten the steal of the draft. I simultaneously love and hate you for that.
Good luck this season(with the possible exception of November 23rd). (I'm not a bandwagon fan, but the Niners are now my SECOND favorite team)
![]()
Really liked Ellington last year playing for S. Carolina. Wanted Niners to draft him in the late 3rd/early 4th. Very excited about him. Thanks for posting your impression of Ellington. Have read from many sources that his work ethic is great and as you said second only to Lattimore. Really excited about Lattimore this season. Hope he gets 7-8 carries a game and hopefully him and Hyde can take over from Gore in 2015.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Fully expect Ellington to be picked by the Niners today.
You called it, DeUh.
Originally posted by Since07:
Damn don't see many 5'9 guys round 200Lbs
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:Originally posted by Since07:Damn don't see many 5'9 guys round 200Lbs
He's very well built, definitely not frail, shows no fear of going across the middle or taking a hit either.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
What I loved in my study of Ellington was to take a hit from a DB running full speed across the middle on a crossing pattern -- and not just take the hit, but REFLECT the hit and have the defender bounce right off as if they just flew right into a brick wall. Ellington had the best agility times at the combine with Odell Beckham, and has long arms for his height. Perfect for our speed package.
Can you imagine how terrifying a 5-wide set of Crabtree - Boldin - Vernon - Ellington - Stevie Johnson would be for defenses?