There are 729 users in the forums
Bruce Ellington-WR-South Carolina
Feb 3, 2014 at 9:23 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,331
Good propsepect but the niners just don't seem to ever want to use the slot. They rather be in 2 te sets vs 3wrs sets. I'm not sure they would use him correctly. I mean they should have done a lot more with Patton out of the slot this year.
Feb 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
I made a point to re-watch a few South Carolina games this weekend to focus in on both Ellington and CB Victor Hampton (considering both for my post-combine/post free agent mock). Ellington made some spectacular plays against Wisconsin in the bowl game and he was the main reason (along with putting Connor Shaw into the game in the 2nd half) that the Gamecocks were able to knock off #5 Missouri. He's as sure-handed as any slot-type WR I've seen in this draft.
Btw, Hampton is one tough little corner...against Mizzou he held the much larger Green-Beckham to 1 catch and was in his face all night long.
Btw, Hampton is one tough little corner...against Mizzou he held the much larger Green-Beckham to 1 catch and was in his face all night long.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM ]
Feb 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM
- JamesGatz83
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,534
Every time I watched South Carolina this season, Ellington made play after play. Solid late-round value. Reminds me of Steve Smith.
Feb 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
- Ninefan56
- Member
- Posts: 5,106
Good hands, good body control, able to catch with his hands, good awarness and speed after the catch. I would be pleased to have him on our team. How does he compare to Beckham, and Landry from LSU?
[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Feb 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM ]
Feb 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM
- SunDevilNiner79
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 61,658
He looked great every game I saw him in, its puzzling he wasn't more productive because he is talented
Feb 3, 2014 at 12:49 PM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Every time I watched South Carolina this season, Ellington made play after play. Solid late-round value. Reminds me of Steve Smith.
More of a mid-round guy IMO as I don't see him getting out of the 4th round (more of a pure WR than a similar prospect/former teammate, Ace Sanders who was picked in the early 4th).
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM ]
Feb 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM
- JamesGatz83
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,534
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
More of a mid-round guy IMO as I don't see him getting out of the 4th round (more of a pure WR than a similar prospect/former teammate, Ace Sanders who was picked in the early 4th).
I agree. I should've said "3rd-day" instead of "late-round".
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM ]
Feb 3, 2014 at 11:49 PM
- 49ers808
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,685
Who's your "Patton" this year Phoenix?
Feb 4, 2014 at 12:35 AM
- xcfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,041
if he will make me forget kyle williams, i'm all for it.
Feb 23, 2014 at 2:54 PM
- xcfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,041
the guy is a superior athlete. nothing stopping him from producing in the nfl.
Feb 23, 2014 at 3:22 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,395
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Who's your "Patton" this year Phoenix?
I don't really have one, I guess the closest thing would be Donte Moncrief of Ole Miss. There's quite a few receivers that I'd be happy with though.
Apr 5, 2014 at 5:48 AM
- TheFunkyChicken
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,364
I'm starting to really likeBruce Ellington over Archer and Thomas as our KR/PR/WR/RB multi threat weapon.
It's funny, he's basically the same guy as his cousin, Andre, but he plays WR instead. For us I think that's better tho. We already have small fast RBs. But adding a small fast WR that can return kicks would be great.
I think Ellington has the potential to be real weapon on offence. He's short, but thick, and he plays with a physicality that reminds me of Steve Smith or even Boldin. That makes me waaaaay more comfortable with him as a speed slot guy than I am with slight, finesse players that shy away from contact and cause interceptions.
Call me crazy all you want to, but I'm dreaming of a 2015 WR core of Crabtree, Kelvin Benjamin, Moncrief, Patton and Elllington.
It's funny, he's basically the same guy as his cousin, Andre, but he plays WR instead. For us I think that's better tho. We already have small fast RBs. But adding a small fast WR that can return kicks would be great.
I think Ellington has the potential to be real weapon on offence. He's short, but thick, and he plays with a physicality that reminds me of Steve Smith or even Boldin. That makes me waaaaay more comfortable with him as a speed slot guy than I am with slight, finesse players that shy away from contact and cause interceptions.
Call me crazy all you want to, but I'm dreaming of a 2015 WR core of Crabtree, Kelvin Benjamin, Moncrief, Patton and Elllington.
Apr 5, 2014 at 6:01 AM
- DeUh
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,006
One of my favorite players in this years draft class period !
Apr 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM
- SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,610
Here's another draft crush of mine. He won't make it to day three IMO. I'd be thrilled if we were able to grab him with #94 or #100. Even at #77 I think he would turn out to be a great value. He has the ability and passion for competition to be a Steve Smith type of draft steal.
I want him . .
I want him . .
I want him . .

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/bruce-ellington/
I want him . .
I want him . .
I want him . .

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/bruce-ellington/