LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Draftcountdown.com's latest mock(Scott Wright's 1 Rounder)

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not sure where you got that claim from. By in large Robinson is ranked anywhere from 4th to as low as 9th from everything I've seen. I'd take Matthews, Benjamin, Beckham and Moncrief over him in addition to Watkins, Evans and Lee.

Also, the idea that a guy like Beckham isn't a "complete receiver" is nonsense. He was a major playmaker against some of the best defenses in college football. He's improved tremendously as a route runner and continues to do so. He has the ability to be a deep threat, but is also a threat with the ball in his hands, gaining yards after the catch, an intense competitor who has football in his blood.
What makes those four better than Robinson?

I'd take him over Lee anyway as you pointed out he'll struggle against press coverage. Robinson is much better route runner than Mike Evans.
Originally posted by SFrush:
What makes those four better than Robinson?

I'd take him over Lee anyway as you pointed out he'll struggle against press coverage. Robinson is much better route runner than Mike Evans.

Because Robinson, while a good route runner, brings nothing new to this team. I don't see him being better than Boldin or Crabtree, meanwhile guys like Beckham, Moncrief, Benjamin, all do add some new wrinkles to the offense. Robinson has plenty of talent but I don't see him as a good fit on this team. They truly need some more guys who can be vertical threats, who back defenses off and open up space for others, Robinson is not that guy.
  • Liono
What? Why would Lee drop so far?? I'd love for the 49ers to get Lee, I'd even trade up for him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
no thanks, USC players

This.

That dude is overrated, Hawaii's young secondary made him look average when they played. And honestly I don't think Lee is a 1st round pick either, there are so many receivers I'd pick before him, don't make me name them.

Itz nice to see im not alone in not wantin lee.... I rather have a CB or D.Adams if he comez out this yr...

How could CB NOT be the pick in the 1st after watching today's game. Sure the 9ers won by a stretch but Brock and Brown looked really inconsistent out there. And Rogers with his high salary and age, no way is he gonna stick around next year. The 9ers MUST absolutely pick a CB in the 1st!!!

I can't say CB is a must in the first round. It all depends on who's there. But I am on board that if Dennard is there (I doubt it though) we have to take him. There will be some speedy wideouts available in the second round.

I've met it known who I prefer (Sammy Watkins). But all we really need is someone to come in and be Torrey Smith. If we can get that much out of the second receiver, this can become a dominant offense.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I would be delighted with this. We end up with Marqise Lee without having to trade up to boot? Where do I sign up?

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone