LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 385 users in the forums

Draftcountdown.com's latest mock(Scott Wright's 1 Rounder)

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
no thanks, USC players

This.

That dude is overrated, Hawaii's young secondary made him look average when they played. And honestly I don't think Lee is a 1st round pick either, there are so many receivers I'd pick before him, don't make me name them.

Itz nice to see im not alone in not wantin lee.... I rather have a CB or D.Adams if he comez out this yr...

How could CB NOT be the pick in the 1st after watching today's game. Sure the 9ers won by a stretch but Brock and Brown looked really inconsistent out there. And Rogers with his high salary and age, no way is he gonna stick around next year. The 9ers MUST absolutely pick a CB in the 1st!!!

Glennon: 18-34, 179 yds 2 TDS, 1 INT; QBR 35.8

What were you watching?

Yah and he only passed for 29 yards before they really started to pass it around. And on top of your stats, guess who gave up most of those yards, T-Brock and that's my point....what were you watching.

Still confused as to how those numbers and the fact that they didn't give up any yards in the 4th quarter shows an OBVIOUS need for a CB in the first round. I would counter that with Bruce Miller is our third leading receiver and our second leading receiver is a tight end...what have you been watching
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
no thanks, USC players

This.

That dude is overrated, Hawaii's young secondary made him look average when they played. And honestly I don't think Lee is a 1st round pick either, there are so many receivers I'd pick before him, don't make me name them.

Itz nice to see im not alone in not wantin lee.... I rather have a CB or D.Adams if he comez out this yr...

How could CB NOT be the pick in the 1st after watching today's game. Sure the 9ers won by a stretch but Brock and Brown looked really inconsistent out there. And Rogers with his high salary and age, no way is he gonna stick around next year. The 9ers MUST absolutely pick a CB in the 1st!!!

What were you watching?

Yah and he only passed for 29 yards before they really started to pass it around. And on top of your stats, guess who gave up most of those yards, T-Brock and that's my point....what were you watching.

Still confused as to how those numbers and the fact that they didn't give up any yards in the 4th quarter shows an OBVIOUS need for a CB in the first round. I would counter that with Bruce Miller is our third leading receiver and our second leading receiver is a tight end...what have you been watching

I suggest you go and re-watch the game instead of looking at stats to make your case. And I'll repeat myself again for what I said in other threads and in my own Mods Mock thread. T-Brown, Rogers, Wright and Whitner are all free agents next year except for Rogers but hes not staying with that high salary you can pretty much bank on that. And with Culliver coming off a season ending injury, the Corner position is very much up in a flux. I Also have said that I'd pick a CB over any receiver that would be there when the 9ers pick in the ending of the first round, IMO better value at CB than WR will be there.
I suggest you go and re-watch the game instead of looking at stats to make your case. And I'll repeat myself again for what I said in other threads and in my own Mods Mock thread. T-Brown, Rogers, Wright and Whitner are all free agents next year except for Rogers but hes not staying with that high salary you can pretty much bank on that. And with Culliver coming off a season ending injury, the Corner position is very much up in a flux. I Also have said that I'd pick a CB over any receiver that would be there when the 9ers pick in the ending of the first round, IMO better value at CB than WR will be there.

I agree with this, especially once Watkins and Evans are off the board.
no thanks, USC players

This.

What were you watching?

I'd prefer Dennard or Gilbert over Lee, as well, but I think you're overreacting a little bit when it comes to our corners. TBrown has been the one I've been most disappointed with. Looks like his play dropped. Brock has been a fantastic surprise and prior to yesterday, has been real consistent on the field. not every corner will be perfect every week.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

And I think if Darqueze Dennard and Justin Gilbert are there with Jordan Matthews on the board...guess what I'd pick them over Matthews too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
no thanks, USC players

This.

What were you watching?

I'd prefer Dennard or Gilbert over Lee, as well, but I think you're overreacting a little bit when it comes to our corners. TBrown has been the one I've been most disappointed with. Looks like his play dropped. Brock has been a fantastic surprise and prior to yesterday, has been real consistent on the field. not every corner will be perfect every week.

Sure Corners are not gona be perfect you're right, but Brock looked easily beat when matched up one on one. Like I said I'm not sold on Brock, and its not just this past game, its actually been giving up some catches/TD the past few games. But I also have my reasons why the 9ers should draft a CB in the 1st - see post above yours.

Nevertheless, a fast #1 receiver is the Niner's #1 priority. Defaulting to a best value pick at the bottom of the first is beside the point. The FO needs to trade up to acquire Watkins or Evans or some player already in the league. Also, that many CBs are potential free agents suggests only that the FO can choose to sign up one or more of the present starters. A true #1 player with speed isn't on the roster now.

And I think if Darqueze Dennard and Justin Gilbert are there with Jordan Matthews on the board...guess what I'd pick them over Matthews too.

Maybe we can be like tha vikz in 2014 draft N trade back into tha 1st round N pick up J.Matthews or D.Adams(if he comes out)we have enough pickz ....
no thanks, USC players

This.

What were you watching?

Our #1 receiver is a free agent, along with Manningham, and Crabs is coming off injury as well. According to your logic that leaves a hole at WR. I would also say that the secondary has fared better through injuries than the WR corps. I'm not saying we don't take a CB, but I just dont think its as obvious as you suggest. The Niners have fared pretty well without drafting a corner in the first round and in a league that favors QBs and receivers, does it make sense to spend a premium pick on a position that has such a disadvantage?

You may know better than I, but aren't CBs just as tough to project as WR coming out of college?
[ Edited by birdie2bogey on Dec 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Nevertheless, a fast #1 receiver is the Niner's #1 priority. Defaulting to a best value pick at the bottom of the first is beside the point. The FO needs to trade up to acquire Watkins or Evans or some player already in the league. Also, that many CBs are potential free agents suggests only that the FO can choose to sign up one or more of the present starters. A true #1 player with speed isn't on the roster now.

So what speedster WR would you suggest that the 9ers wouldn't over draft? You can get a speedster later in the 2nd or 3rd like Robert Herron, L'Damian Washinton or Jeff Janis why burn a 1st when the value isn't there.

I'd rather have Allen Robinson if we're taking a WR.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
the rams sure must be happy having washington's pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
no thanks, USC players

This.

What were you watching?

Our #1 receiver is a free agent, along with Manningham, and Crabs is coming off injury as well. According to your logic that leaves a hole at WR. I would also say that the secondary has fared better through injuries than the WR corps. I'm not saying we don't take a CB, but I just dont think its as obvious as you suggest. The Niners have fared pretty well without drafting a corner in the first round and in a league that favors QBs and receivers, does it make sense to spend a premium pick on a position that has such a disadvantage?

You may know better than I, but aren't CBs just as tough to project as WR coming out of college?

Right. I knew someone would throw the WR free agency thing at me and Crabs injury isn't/wasn't as severe as Culliver hence the reason hes playing right now. And with Boldin becoming a free agent along with Brown and Wright or Whitner, tell me outta that bunch who would you slap throw the franchise tag at?
Kolohe: you didn't answer my questions but to answer your question, I would not franchise any of them, but we have seen how poor our wr corps looks without crabs. If Bold in isn't resigned then that is as glaring of a need as cb. Corner is just as unpredictable to draft as WR so I wouldn't rule out either. Chances are the Niners will need to trade up to get the player they covet and considering they will invest in Kaep for the future, they may want to get a top WR for him. Same goes for corner. They will trade up to get the corner they want.
Every year, a couple WR fall that shock me. I wonder where Lee will be ranked after the combine.
Share 49ersWebzone