LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 187 users in the forums

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

This one of the few players I'd be highly supportive of the 49ers trading up for. Watkins has an insane combination of size, athleticism and receiving ability. He's a gem and could very well be the 1st receiver off the board. He has tremendous quickness and deep speed, while also having reliable hands and is a major threat for yards after the catch. Considering his off-the-charts athleticism, he has pretty good size, coming in at 6'1", 205. Needs to be coached up in terms of his footwork and route running but all the potential in the world is there, he's also managed to be highly productive and is having a terrific junior season thus far. Adding him as a deep threat opposite Crabtree would do wonders for this offense. Watkins is kind of what would happen if Tavon Austin was full-grown with a chip on his shoulder.

He has had some character issues, drug issues, was arrested last year so that may drop him down the boards a bit, but it seemed like more of a one time incident then a consistent issue. If he makes it into the teens, I'd love to see the 49ers move up and get the big play threat they've been needing for awhile.

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT
Knowing baalke he'll take a wr we didn't see coming and he'll suck. We can't draft wrs for s**t but I would LOVE Watkins
He is gonna go in the top 10 IMO, it will cost us too much to trade up that high. It would be nice though.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
We can only dream
I live around the corner from where he went to high school at South Fort Myers High and he was a beast there as well. Really good kid too despite the slip up in college. 100% on board with grabbing him. Filling a need with a great kid is never bad.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Best Wr in the draft. We certainly have the ammo to move up and grab him. Depends on the price I guess.
Yes please
Originally posted by gold49digger:
WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT

Tell us how you really feel!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
this

Originally posted by Hopper:
Best Wr in the draft. We certainly have the ammo to move up and grab him. Depends on the price I guess.

This. It depends how teams feel about his character issues but I see him going anywhere from Pick 5 to 15. If he falls into that latter range, would definitely like to see a trade up. Going from Pick #32( ) to Pick #12 would require the 49ers 1st rounder, KC's 2nd rounder, Tennessee's 3rd rounder and a 4th round pick to boot.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. It depends how teams feel about his character issues but I see him going anywhere from Pick 5 to 15. If he falls into that latter range, would definitely like to see a trade up. Going from Pick #32( ) to Pick #12 would require the 49ers 1st rounder, KC's 2nd rounder, Tennessee's 3rd rounder and a 4th round pick to boot.

He's not worth that. Baalke's not dumb.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM ]
Not gonna happen.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Not gonna happen.

You don't know that, dude could tear an ACL, knock off a 7-11, punch a gay, black Jewish guy in the face?
Really talented guy, probably the most talented WR in the draft, but I'm not sure where to place him yet. He will go high, no doubt, but at the moment (still a ton of tape to watch on all prospects) I like a couple other guys more. Mike Evans and Marquise Lee are both better natural receivers IMO, even though they are probably not as physically gifted. Davante Adams is anther guy I may like more, purely as a receiver.

Lot of great receivers for Baalke to sift through in this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone