There are 295 users in the forums

2013 Defensive Line Prospects (DE, DT, and NT)

I cannot judge DT 's for s**t. I was wrong with Glen Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Everyone appears to be forgetting Jesse Williams from Alabama 6' 4" 320 lbs. Kid played tough in the SEC Title Game and also is used by Saban as a lead blocker in short yardage/goal line like Will Tukuafu. He could be available in the late first round and would be a great addition IMO.

I do forget about him but I'd still put him behind John Jenkins from OSU in my rankings. Alabama is stacked defensively so its hardly to evaluate a player like that, especially because the few Alabama games I've seen the RBs have trucked Alabama.

I find it ironic that you would evaluate Williams below John Jenkins when the Crimson Tide just trucked the Georgia defense for 350 yds rushing in the SEC Title Game last week. I think you mean Jonathan HANKINS from Ohio St.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I find it ironic that you would evaluate Williams below John Jenkins when the Crimson Tide just trucked the Georgia defense for 350 yds rushing in the SEC Title Game last week. I think you mean Jonathan HANKINS from Ohio St.

Got the last name wrong mehh. Doesn't the fact that you knew who I was talking about. Hankins is better then Williams who is better then Jenkins

/discussion
^^ I agree about the Georgia defense, I was not that impressed with either Jenkins or Jarvis Jones who got run over all game.
Has McCullers played well? Cbssports has him as a 3rd rounder but I don't see any info on him from ESPN and can't find much on him at all.
Would love to have a Boiler on the team. Kawann Short please. Plus he's a beast.
Got the last name wrong mehh. Doesn't the fact that you knew who I was talking about. Hankins is better then Williams who is better then Jenkins

/discussion

I see Hankins as a best fit in a 4-3 scheme, and Williams as a 3-4 NT. I think Williams is one of the better players in this draft, one of those anchor pieces for 10 years. Don't think he'll be on the board late in the first, however. Think some team in the late teens/early twenties will make that pick. Hankins is going to be a top 10 pick.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
^^ I agree about the Georgia defense, I was not that impressed with either Jenkins or Jarvis Jones who got run over all game.

Both guys were matched up against stud OL. Jenkins really wore down late in the game. Jones played fairly well against Fluker, who might be the best RT in college football. Graded Jones a lot higher than Jenkins. Stacked and shed pretty well against NFL quality OT.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Would love to have a Boiler on the team. Kawann Short please. Plus he's a beast.

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Originally posted by MadDog49er:

/discussion

I see Hankins as a best fit in a 4-3 scheme, and Williams as a 3-4 NT. I think Williams is one of the better players in this draft, one of those anchor pieces for 10 years. Don't think he'll be on the board late in the first, however. Think some team in the late teens/early twenties will make that pick. Hankins is going to be a top 10 pick.

Good thing the Niners have two picks in the third to bargain with.........
got an invite to the Senior Bowl

Several good D-line options mentioned in this piece...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1433346-49ers-draft-board-10-players-san-francisco-must-have-their-eyes-on-in-bowl-game/page/12#/articles/1433346-49ers-draft-board-10-players-san-francisco-must-have-their-eyes-on-in-bowl-game/page/7
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
You can count out Kawann Short falling to us, dude has six sacks for the year again. He kinda reminds me of BJ Raji, man we gotta get this kid.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You can count out Kawann Short falling to us, dude has six sacks for the year again. He kinda reminds me of BJ Raji, man we gotta get this kid.

Maybe we could trade up?
Share 49ersWebzone