LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

how bummed will you be if niners dont make apick on 1st day of draft?

Originally posted by strickac:
I'd probably be happy with it. We're looking solid for next year and we're no longer desperate for help. If the team doesn't have a specific player they're targeting, trading for higher value, future picks is ideal.

Yep, I agree!
Given Baalke's MO, I'd be very excited because they targeted two players in the second worthy of such a move. Again, do you trust Baalke?

All the mock drafts make people forget that teams may not even have 32 players listed as 1st rounders. Scott Mc admitted some years ago that they only had 20 players on their 1st round board.
So if the 30th pick gets traded it only means the value of players left are somewhere in the 2nd round according to Baalke.
So what's to get upset about.?
Are you guys never happy?

Would you rather we be picking in the top-ten, like we have for almost the past decade?!

I can wait. This team is back to prominence...that's all I ever asked for as a fan.
If a big time talent slips to the early 20's , I'm sure Baalke will trade down to grab that player , either it be an instant starter at WR, CB , RG , you know our front office will abll over that
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be dissapointed at all, what I would be dissapointed is if they don't address the WR position or wait to till the 4th round.
All depends on who is available at 30 and what they get for the pick.

If Fleener is gone and trade back and get a high 2nd and extra 3rd or a future high pick selections.

Not too upset either way. always more upset with selections than a wait.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wouldn't be dissapointed at all, what I would be dissapointed is if they don't address the WR position or wait to till the 4th round.

this
If their top guys are off the board and they make a good trade to pickup up future picks, I'll be OK.
I see no reason to trade back for more picks. There aren't alot of needs to fill and most of the roster spots are spoken for. I think there's a better chance they trade up if they see fit.

Only because the 2nd and 3rd round fall on friday. (I liked the old draft better.) But if they trade from the 1st that probably means they are getting a high second and a 4th or 5th.

Niners are an enigma.......Baalke is not opposed to moving up or down, but he did a great job this year in getting enough in Free Agency to have flexibility. CANT WAIT FOR THE DRAFT.....ALMOST HERE!!!!!
I see Baalke trading up, unless some team's willing to make him an offer he simply can't refuse to trade down. I see him seeking quality over quantity, given he's already got a full roster.
Depends what we get in return.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If they trade it away and don't get Fleener I will.....

yeah, because thats our weak spot...TE.....

So tired of this feeble minded argument.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If they trade it away and don't get Fleener I will.....

yeah, because thats our weak spot...TE.....

So tired of this feeble minded argument.

we have a top 5 TE, and a backup TE that could start for several teams, and you want to spend our FIRST round pick on another TE? we have Daniel Kilgore starting at G right now.

With the hype Fleener is getting, if he falls to 30 wed be better off trading it to someone who will overpay to get him.
Share 49ersWebzone