There are 192 users in the forums

how bummed will you be if niners dont make apick on 1st day of draft?

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If they trade it away and don't get Fleener I will.....

yeah, because thats our weak spot...TE.....

So tired of this feeble minded argument.

we have a top 5 TE, and a backup TE that could start for several teams, and you want to spend our FIRST round pick on another TE? we have Daniel Kilgore starting at G right now.

With the hype Fleener is getting, if he falls to 30 wed be better off trading it to someone who will overpay to get him.

Firstly, I don't believe Fleener gets past the Broncos. Secondly, a team drafts based on what is best for them. We use our 2nd TE as much as team in the NFL. For better or worse, AS throws to TEs as much as any QB. Delanie Walker is not a big target, nor is he a starter on most teams. He's more of a WR than a TE. With Fleener, we get a big TE who can be an amazing RZ and 3rd down target (our two biggest problems on offense).

Our starting RG is a hole, I agree. I'd rather spend a 2nd round pick on that position. You can find talent at G later in the draft.
It all depends on who is left when the 30th pick comes up or who is available and who might be left when round two comes up. We all like the splash that some names carry. So if Fleener, Decastro, Hill, Randle are gone then might be best to move back. However, not to collect more picks, but to use those extra picks to move up in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

Also, if we are trading for even money, based on the draft, then I would be less happy than say getting more than the value board says its worth.

our weak spot is the entire offense

any playmaker will help
Originally posted by RonMexico:

any playmaker will help

This.
I'll be forced to go on a murderous rampage.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

any playmaker will help

This.

agreed

but i wouldnt say entire offense

i think fleener would help our offense tremendously however i would rather have acouple WR in terms of offense skill position my wishlist is:

1. floyd
2. wright
3. fleener
4. alshon jeffery
5. randle

and i would be happy with any of them at 30
  • krizay
  • Veteran

So tired of this feeble minded argument.

we have a top 5 TE, and a backup TE that could start for several teams, and you want to spend our FIRST round pick on another TE? we have Daniel Kilgore starting at G right now.

With the hype Fleener is getting, if he falls to 30 wed be better off trading it to someone who will overpay to get him.

exactly! It's bad enough we have one that we spent the #6 pick on. To take another one at #30?????? Truth be told. Had Fleener not played for Harbaugh at Standford, we wouldn't even be talking about Fleener at #30.

There are several other TE's in this draft we can target at a later pick. I for one am intrigued by Chase Ford in the 4th or 5th personally.
When it comes to WR, very few make a big impact their first year. 50-60 catches is considered good. Look at the goat.
It would suck for the fact that the 2nd round is an entire day away. as for trading down in general, I'm not sure if that would be the best strategy for this year. Unless the 49ers were getting a better return then u have 2 trust the coaching staff.
I would be more happy with trading out of the 1st round then I would be if they traded there 1st, 2nd and 4th rounders just to move up to 17 and draft Fleener.

Originally posted by matt49er:
It would suck for the fact that the 2nd round is an entire day away. as for trading down in general, I'm not sure if that would be the best strategy for this year. Unless the 49ers were getting a better return then u have 2 trust the coaching staff.

i trust the coaching staff but trading down is stupid unless youre going to use those picks to trade up again

out of our 7 draft picks only 4 or so will make the team

we might as well deal those picks and attmpt to get a better player
I would set fire to my jersey and then tell Baalke's mom what he did.
I think knowing we don't have a TON of holes to fill is a plus. We have a good offense, a solid receiving corps. It seems that the only area of true need would be at guard, or maybe defensive Tackle?

TE, WR, RB, CB, are all area's of depth that we'll address but this year I won't mind if we trade back. We have a really solid roster this year.
Originally posted by matt49er:

yeah, i wish they still did rd one and 2 on the same day, then 3 & 4 on 2nd day, then 5,6,7 the 3rd day. Kinda stinks..but oh well. It's all about the $$ and the TV ratings
Since il be in Radio City il be a little pissed but im already expecting that to happen, as long as we end up with some stellar 2nd rounders il be fine
Share 49ersWebzone