LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

I'm not falling for the hype!!

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sfout:
Because you are new I will go over "my list" and predictions...

Blackmon-Cleveland
Floyd-Jacksonville
Wright-Cincinnati
Fleener (zone crush)-Houston
2nd round
Jeffery-St. Louis

good call on Cinncy randomly drafting Wright Jreff. That cheap b*****d Mike Brown has $60M laying around and hasn't touched a single penny of it, he's let 4 or 5 of his FAs walk and they haven't signed a single one of the 11 visiting FAs. Unless Andre Caldwell is re-signed and gets the #2 opposite Green they need a starting WR badly and Wright could be a smaller compliment to Green.

Remember they have 2 1st rounders. Green, Wright, and Gresham will be great for Dalton.

god if they draft Wright and the BPA d-lineman in the first the bengals might not lose a step despite Brown's latest effort to shoot his team in the foot.
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
If you don't want college ball and you don't watch specific players, youtube scouting and stat lines wont convince you.

GT runs one of the most boring, run heavy offenses in college ball, the system is not friendly to WR's. But Texas Tech ran one of the most pass friendly systems and Crabtree has turned out lackluster. So what would you of used to convince me he was not worth the 10th pick...he had stats, publicity, awards...was he worth it?

Jeffrey didnt run for a reason, and I'm assuming that was to not embarrass himself or lower his stock.

Neither are 1st round talent IMO, but Hill is the better athlete and was not able to fully showcase his skills in college, not his fault. He is bigger and faster and is already skilled in blocking because of the GT style of ball. We had a major issues with an overall lack of speed last year, you get that again with Jeffery, you don't have that issue with Hill.

I bet Kendall Wright wishes he didnt run the 40...but anyway the 40 is overrated, and the only reason why a lot of us want Hill in the first round is because of that 40

His 40 helps but the #1 request was a big kid. Hill fits the bill in that department. If you actually do research on threads that have been posted in the past you would see the amount of people wanting a big WR.

His 40 time is why you are feverish for him, jr. eff22 .... I read all the threads bigger dont always mean better( insert joke here).

No, I specifically created a thread about big WR's for the draft...again do research. I want a kid no shorter then 6'3 who can catch, the speed factor is a bonus.

Take it eazy , no inciting... Thats what Kolohe told me... You didnt think Hill would go middle of first round til after his 40

You need to read what I write.

Neither are 1st round talent IMO

Hill is a guy who should be drafted between 36 and 42.

You need to read too.. I said I dont want Hill in the first, so we agree. Whats with the hostility.
If we did take one, I dont think Wright will be there, so I would take Jeffrey. You dont have to be an inch or two taller to be good. Dont get caught up in measurables ...

Because you are new I will go over "my list" and predictions...

Blackmon-Cleveland
Floyd-Jacksonville
Wright-Cincinnati
Fleener (zone crush)-Houston
2nd round
Jeffery-St. Louis

You are proving my point let Jeffrey fall to us , you project him 4 spots behind us? Thats hardly a reach. And you must think hes good to go top of 2 .
Ill say one thing Savage, your racking up the posts today. You'll be at veteran status in no time brother...lol.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM ]
You are proving my point let Jeffrey fall to us , you project him 4 spots behind us? Thats hardly a reach. And you must think hes good to go top of 2 .

I don't think he is bad, I just worry about motivation on his part. Work ethic was stressed by Rice so much, and Crabs looks like he never hits the weight room and is always injured in TC. And some WR's get bored a la Crabs when they aren't getting the ball every 10 seconds, Hill is used to a run first system and I like that attribute...he understands that aspect and realizes what blocking does.

And I still stress speed..something we lack. We aren't getting separation and I would rather have a guy that can run like Ginn but catch like Fitz. If the FO thinks Jeffery is the best fit I will support the pick, I just don't see him in a 9er uniform.

And I hope St Louis takes Jeffery because it means they didnt get Blackmon.

I don't think he is bad, I just worry about motivation on his part. Work ethic was stressed by Rice so much, and Crabs looks like he never hits the weight room and is always injured in TC. And some WR's get bored a la Crabs when they aren't getting the ball every 10 seconds, Hill is used to a run first system and I like that attribute...he understands that aspect and realizes what blocking does.

And I still stress speed..something we lack. We aren't getting separation and I would rather have a guy that can run like Ginn but catch like Fitz. If the FO thinks Jeffery is the best fit I will support the pick, I just don't see him in a 9er uniform.

Now that is a fair and balanced take.. I can live with this
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Ill say one thing Savage, your racking up the posts today. You'll be at veteran status in no time brother...lol.

Just a little give and take between niner fans. Oh and you dont become a vet with posts, you do after youve been a member for a year... I know I was a vet under a different user name , had access to the super secret vet forum, just never posted much so account expired.
Just a little give and take between niner fans. Oh and you dont become a vet with posts, you do after youve been a member for a year... I know I was a vet under a different user name , had access to the super secret vet forum, just never posted much so account expired.

I did not know that. It's true that you learn something new everyday. So allow me to repay the favor. I also learned today that "The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp (marijuana) paper." Crazy huh?
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

I did not know that. It's true that you learn something new everyday. So allow me to repay the favor. I also learned today that "The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp (marijuana) paper." Crazy huh?

Sweet! And let me take this opportunity to thank the webzone for some awesome conversation!

Whatever happens in the draft I will support our team , and stand beside you all( in spirit) to cheer on our Niners

Championship!!!

Jeffery has enough good tape that he wont be there in the 2nd. Id also hate to see him in St.Louis because whens up to speed hes going to real hard to cover and bring down. If all the pass rushers and 1st rd CBs are gone id take Jeffery at 30 in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Jeffery has enough good tape that he wont be there in the 2nd. Id also hate to see him in St.Louis because whens up to speed hes going to real hard to cover and bring down. If all the pass rushers and 1st rd CBs are gone id take Jeffery at 30 in a heartbeat.

On average going back (think it was) 6 years 3 WR's are taken in the 1st. If a 4th is going to go it will be late, here are the final teams:
Pittsburg-if Wallace stays no WR
Denver-possible but I don't think so unless Manning is brought in
Houston-I have them taking Fleener
New England-Strong possibility
Green Bay-no
Baltimore-no
San Francisco-?
New England-not twice
New York Giant-TE before WR

I still think the order is Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright. I don't see NE going after a WR like Jeffery and the only other team is us. With the amount of teams that jumped into the FA market the main WR targets are gone (Chicago-Tampa-SD). I agree Jeffrey wont make it to us in the 2nd but I see him falling to the 2nd...just not very far.

LOL. Hill is not going to be there at #30. You don't have to worry about aganizing decisions like this.
About Stephen Hill. Just because of measurables, a lot of us want hm?
Not me. I want someone that has actually produced on the field.

Why cant we all agree on someone like that, like oh I dont know Alshon Jeffrey!!

Deep threat , Moss ( hopefully)

Possession guy , Crabtree

Red zone , and 3rd down conversions, ohhh yeah Jeffrey

Come at me!!!

Alshon another possession receiver Jeffrey. No thanks!
We need another burner besides Moss. I wouldn't depend on Moss
solely to (hopefully) be our deep threat.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Hill is not going to be there at #30. You don't have to worry about aganizing decisions like this.

That's what everyone said about Crabtree too.
How about T.Y Hilton from F.I.U? This guy is fast as hell and is a great returner.
Originally posted by 99Ways2SackAQb:
How about T.Y Hilton from F.I.U? This guy is fast as hell and is a great returner.

in the first, no

4th yes
Share 49ersWebzone