Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 443 users in the forums

combine thread (watch live)

Browse 49ers books and videos
  • Tman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,798
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Tman:
this has to be the least interested i have been in a combine that i can remeber since i started following it. dont know if its the players, the CBA garbage or what, just not to into it right now.

I feel the same way, but I think it has to be because of the CBA garbage.

Don't forget the epic failure of a season that was the 49ers this year.

I am sure this is playing a part in it as well
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Tman:
this has to be the least interested i have been in a combine that i can remeber since i started following it. dont know if its the players, the CBA garbage or what, just not to into it right now.

I feel the same way, but I think it has to be because of the CBA garbage.

Don't forget the epic failure of a season that was the 49ers this year.

I am sure this is playing a part in it as well

I'm interested, and Im excited about it, but every time I get excited and start delving into prospects, rumors, and markups I realize that the NFL may not happen this year...
Peterson better not come in under his playing weight
I love the combine, people start rising and falling and mock drafts get a lot more interesting
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Thanks for the updates Valrod.

you're welcome
  • Tman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,798
Originally posted by teeohh:
I love the combine, people start rising and falling and mock drafts get a lot more interesting

Yea man normally I am all over it, the last couple years especially I couldn't get enough of it. Just doesnt seem to peak my interest as much this year and I cant quite put my finger on why (not trippin to much about it). Im just hoping I dont have this same feeling for the draft cause my boys and I always get together to watch it.
WesBunting

One of the #Combine weigh in shockers...#SouthernCal RB Allen Bradford was 5107 242-pounds...but looked good,thick back #NFLDRAFt

LULZ
WesBunting

#Pittsburgh RB Dion Lewis was small...5065, 193 pounds #NFLDRAFT
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I love the combine, people start rising and falling and mock drafts get a lot more interesting

Yea man normally I am all over it, the last couple years especially I couldn't get enough of it. Just doesn't seem to peak my interest as much this year and I cant quite put my finger on why (not trippin to much about it). Im just hoping I dont have this same feeling for the draft cause my boys and I always get together to watch it.

It's hard to get hype knowing that after the draft there won't be anything to discuss besides leaked arguments from the union and owners. No talking about OTA's, rookies signing, no free agent talk, no signing of UDFA, and no pre season. Dam they gotta get it together and fast.
WesBunting

NFL #Combine weigh in results... #California RB Shane Vereen came in at a surprising 210-pounds, 5102,

Wesley Bunting WesBunting

NFL #Combine weigh in results...#Connecticut RB Jordan Todman was 5087 and 203 pounds...only looked ok #NFLDRAFT
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I love the combine, people start rising and falling and mock drafts get a lot more interesting

Yea man normally I am all over it, the last couple years especially I couldn't get enough of it. Just doesn't seem to peak my interest as much this year and I cant quite put my finger on why (not trippin to much about it). Im just hoping I dont have this same feeling for the draft cause my boys and I always get together to watch it.

It's hard to get hype knowing that after the draft there won't be anything to discuss besides leaked arguments from the union and owners. No talking about OTA's, rookies signing, no free agent talk, no signing of UDFA, and no pre season. Dam they gotta get it together and fast.

The CBA is definitely hanging over everything. I usually spend a lot of time this year reading about prospects and mock drafts, etc. This year, I haven't done any of that. Its hard to develop an idea of what you'd like to see them do when you don't have a good idea of what all the options look like (FA, etc).

The draft has always been my favorite part of the off season, but its clearer now more than ever that the draft is just part of the off season. Everything else is so screwed up that its kind of ruining the draft for me.
Originally posted by valrod33:
WesBunting

#Pittsburgh RB Dion Lewis was small...5065, 193 pounds #NFLDRAFT

I like Dion Lewis as a late round pick.
WesBunting

NFL #Combine talk...interesting that #Georgia WR A.J. Green admitted to preparation being one of his weakness...not good #NFLDRAFT
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I love the combine, people start rising and falling and mock drafts get a lot more interesting

Yea man normally I am all over it, the last couple years especially I couldn't get enough of it. Just doesn't seem to peak my interest as much this year and I cant quite put my finger on why (not trippin to much about it). Im just hoping I dont have this same feeling for the draft cause my boys and I always get together to watch it.

It's hard to get hype knowing that after the draft there won't be anything to discuss besides leaked arguments from the union and owners. No talking about OTA's, rookies signing, no free agent talk, no signing of UDFA, and no pre season. Dam they gotta get it together and fast.

The CBA is definitely hanging over everything. I usually spend a lot of time this year reading about prospects and mock drafts, etc. This year, I haven't done any of that. Its hard to develop an idea of what you'd like to see them do when you don't have a good idea of what all the options look like (FA, etc).

The draft has always been my favorite part of the off season, but its clearer now more than ever that the draft is just part of the off season. Everything else is so screwed up that its kind of ruining the draft for me.

Exactly. It's like the draft is the final frontier. After that there is nothing. Plus not having free agency is taking away some interest. It's cool to read tweets about who is visiting who, and how that could change draft boards. Hopefully the light clicks on next week and they get a deal done.
Originally posted by valrod33:
WesBunting

NFL #Combine talk...interesting that #Georgia WR A.J. Green admitted to preparation being one of his weakness...not good #NFLDRAFT

I can see AJ Green falling. We could have a very tough decision to make come draft day. It could come down to Quinn, Miller, & Green. I would say Peterson but if them other 3 guys fall then someone would have had to pick Peterson by #7.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone