LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Kellen Moore

• Jcool
  • Veteran
For NFL teams, one of the most useful aspects of the Senior Bowl is that it's the first opportunity to get an accurate height and weight for all the prospects in attendance. And NFL teams often find that those prospects aren't quite as big as their colleges would have everyone believe.

For a pair of quarterbacks at this year's game, Wisconsin's Russell Wilson and Boise State's Kellen Moore, it won't be good news that the yardstick revealed that they're less than six feet tall.

Josh Norris of Rotoworld has the heights and weights of all the prospects, with Wilson checking in at 5 feet, 10 and 5/8 inches, and Moore measuring at 5 feet, 11 and 3/4 inches. It's not often that an NFL team spends a draft pick on a quarterback who comes in that short.

Wisconsin listed Wilson at 5-foot-11, and Boise State listed Moore at 6-foot-0, so both colleges rounded up but didn't mislead anybody about the height of their passers. Basically, this news confirms what we already thought: These two guys were excellent college quarterbacks, but they'll be two of the shortest quarterbacks in the NFL. If they make it in the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/23/nfl-teams-see-just-how-short-russell-wilson-and-kellen-moore-are/
I dont know why but I like this kid
He is a lefty, last lefty QB we had worked out well!
But we need WR badly , a DB could be in play too
This year's Ricky Stanzi...
Originally posted by communist:
This year's Ricky Stanzi...

Don't agree at all.
Makes sense to only huge Boise fans who also enjoy the Niners. Great college QB without NFL size. Many scouts aren't big on him due to this.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Jan 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Makes sense to only huge Boise fans who also enjoy the Niners. Great college QB without NFL size. Many scouts aren't big on him due to this.

One of the talking heads i think it was McShay said; Moore is tearing it up at the senior bowl..
Originally posted by XtypeP52W:
Originally posted by OldJoe:

One of the talking heads i think it was McShay said; Moore is tearing it up at the senior bowl..

I bet you NOBODY is saying that
Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
Don't agree at all.
Nice arguments... Ricky Stanzi was loved by the zone as well, we (yes, incl. me) wanted him, even in the 2nd or the 3rd-round, if necessary. Where was he drafted? in the 5th, wasnt he?
Kellen Moore is short, just under 6 feet; however, he is very accurate. I think he would be a good developmental QB for a WCO team. My only question for the 49ers. Is Moore a better prospect than Kaepernick or Tolzien? If not, then we pass. I think he has the potential to be a very good QB in a WCO.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Kellen Moore is short, just under 6 feet; however, he is very accurate. I think he would be a good developmental QB for a WCO team. My only question for the 49ers. Is Moore a better prospect than Kaepernick or Tolzien? If not, then we pass. I think he has the potential to be a very good QB in a WCO.

Mayock actually compared him to Tolzien, in a sense that he is small, accurate, a winner. that hell probably have a similar career path, very late draft or undrafted then stick as the 3rd qb on a roster.
Originally posted by sfout:

Mayock actually compared him to Tolzien, in a sense that he is small, accurate, a winner. that hell probably have a similar career path, very late draft or undrafted then stick as the 3rd qb on a roster.

Kellen Moore did or does not have a cannon arm. He is a winner by reading defenses, anticipating and throwing to the open spots to where the WR are supposed to be. I think he could be a great 3rd string qb to develop, issue is he probably is not better than Tolzien, so using a draft pick on him is a premium. If you had a supplemental pick in round 6 or 7 I would take a flyer on him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by sfout:

Kellen Moore did or does not have a cannon arm. He is a winner by reading defenses, anticipating and throwing to the open spots to where the WR are supposed to be. I think he could be a great 3rd string qb to develop, issue is he probably is not better than Tolzien, so using a draft pick on him is a premium. If you had a supplemental pick in round 6 or 7 I would take a flyer on him.

You confuse me with the did or does not wording but I never said Moore had the arm strength that Tolzien does, I expressly said he is accurate. But yes Moore is totally worth a 6th or 7th especially if its a compensatory pick. What would be ideal for him is if he goes to a team like the Bills who emphasize those deep routes that Moore is so good at.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM ]
Originally posted by communist:
Nice arguments... Ricky Stanzi was loved by the zone as well, we (yes, incl. me) wanted him, even in the 2nd or the 3rd-round, if necessary. Where was he drafted? in the 5th, wasnt he?

Just because you wanted him and he was drafted late doesn't make him like Stanzi at all.

Moores main weakness is his size. Stanzi is 6'4 220+.

Other question marks for Moore are arm strength and strength of competition, areas in which Stanzi has him spanked.

I will give Moore credit where it's due, though. Very accurate on short throws, and supposed to be a very bright football mind. I heard on the radio that he learned the entire Boise state offense before his freshman year.
I dont know why but I like this guy
Share 49ersWebzone