LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Remaining Schedules for Teams in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes

Based on these schedules, us and the Cardinals have the easiest remaining schedules, and I find it very difficult to see a game that Carolina will win -- they MIGHT beat Arizona, but that's it.

So, Carolina will probably have the #1 pick. Buffalo plays a bunch of tough games, but could win 1 - 3 games against MIN, CLE, and MIA.

ARI:
SF
STL
DEN
@CAR
DAL
@SF

Buf:
PIT
@MIN
CLE
@MIA
NE
@NYJ

CAR:
@CLE
@SEA
ATL
ARI
@PIT
@ATL

CIN:
NO
@PIT
CLE
SD
@BAL

CLE:
CAR
@MIA
@BUF
@CIN
BAL
PIT

DEN:
STL
@KC
@ARI
@OAK
HOU
SD

DET:
CHI
GB
@TB
@MIA
MIN

MIN:
@WAS
BUF
NYG
CHI
@PHI
@DET

SF:
@ARI
@GB
SEA
@SD
@STL
ARI
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This is good. But you can remove Denver (Tebow, Orton) and Detroit (Stafford) from this list. Even if they had the #1 overall they wouldn't take Luck.
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is good. But you can remove Denver (Tebow, Orton) and Detroit (Stafford) from this list. Even if they had the #1 overall they wouldn't take Luck.

I could, but they could trade the pick. Would you be shocked if a team like Seattle or Tennessee traded away a ton in order to get luck?
awesome Nick, great reference.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Thanks.

Based on strength of schedule, this is my prediction for order of finish -- we can trade up with Carolina...they need to rebuild their roster after throwing away so many picks on trades (they don't have a #2 this year). So, we package the #8 and our second rounder and our #1 in 2012 to move up. That's a lot of value. If Clausen doesn't improve in year two, they take a QB in 2012 (Barkley, Prior, Gabbert, Landry Jones, etc.). If Clausen plays well, they continue to build a dominant defense under Cowher.

1. CAR
2. BUF
3. CIN
4. DET
5. CLE
6. ARI
7. DEN
8. SF
9. MIN
10. STL
How do you know he is coming pro? He's a sophmore on eligibility.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

1. The way he's talked about it in interviews

2. The fact that Jake Locker lost $50 million dollars by staying in college

3. Jim Harbaugh is probably gone.

He's a redshirt sophmore, which means he's put in his 3 years and is eligible for NFL Draft.

Only way he comes out is if Harbaugh leaves Stanford, which could happen with a few big name college jobs (Michigan, Miami) and NFL jobs (CAR, DAL, SF, JAC & HOU[if they dont make playoffs]).

If Harbaugh stays, Luck will stay and that team will be thrown in with Ohio State, Oregon, Alabama, Oklahoma, and VaTech for teams in the NC talk for 2011.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

He's a redshirt sophmore, which means he's put in his 3 years and is eligible for NFL Draft.

Only way he comes out is if Harbaugh leaves Stanford, which could happen with a few big name college jobs (Michigan, Miami) and NFL jobs (CAR, DAL, SF, JAC & HOU[if they dont make playoffs]).

If Harbaugh stays, Luck will stay and that team will be thrown in with Ohio State, Oregon, Alabama, Oklahoma, and VaTech for teams in the NC talk for 2011.

I like Oklahoma's chances in 2011. Oregon and Oklahoma should enter 2011 as 1-2 in the polls.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Thanks.

Based on strength of schedule, this is my prediction for order of finish -- we can trade up with Carolina...they need to rebuild their roster after throwing away so many picks on trades (they don't have a #2 this year). So, we package the #8 and our second rounder and our #1 in 2012 to move up. That's a lot of value. If Clausen doesn't improve in year two, they take a QB in 2012 (Barkley, Prior, Gabbert, Landry Jones, etc.). If Clausen plays well, they continue to build a dominant defense under Cowher.

1. CAR
2. BUF
3. CIN
4. DET
5. CLE
6. ARI
7. DEN
8. SF
9. MIN
10. STL

agreed 100%, I can see us trying our damnest to get to 1 to get Luck if he comes out.

• okdkid
  • Veteran

I could, but they could trade the pick. Would you be shocked if a team like Seattle or Tennessee traded away a ton in order to get luck?

______

A trade is always possible, you're right. But yes, I would be shocked.

Luck would be the most undisputed #1 prospect in the last decade. So it would take a whole lot more than what the draft value chart says to get him. That would likely mean 2 firsts, a second and a player. Too much for a mediocre/poor team like the Seahawks or Titans. They, like us, have needs almost everywhere.

Thanks.

1. CAR
2. BUF
3. CIN
4. DET
5. CLE
6. ARI
7. DEN
8. SF
9. MIN
10. STL

agreed 100%, I can see us trying our damnest to get to 1 to get Luck if he comes out.

Carolina and Buffalo have to replenish a lot of positions -- they need to trade down. They two teams (probably) picking in the Top 10 that have only 1 or 2 needs are the Niners and Arizona. I feel Arizona may make a move on a Quarterback as well...but they may be content with Mallett.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

______

Luck would be the most undisputed #1 prospect in the last decade. So it would take a whole lot more than what the draft value chart says to get him. That would likely mean 2 firsts, a second and a player. Too much for a mediocre/poor team like the Seahawks or Titans. They, like us, have needs almost everywhere.

not sure i would go that far
Originally posted by Jcool:

______

not sure i would go that far

Yep -- Vick was undisputed as well...San Diego just wagered that they had more than one need.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I like Oklahoma's chances in 2011. Oregon and Oklahoma should enter 2011 as 1-2 in the polls.

I agree, Oklahoma has much of their offense coming back and they always have a good defense. Only worry is the loss of Murray as their game-changer.

If Luck and Harbaugh stay though, the OL is all returning, 3-4 decent RBs in the stable, I think Baldwin is coming back, got two blue-chip freshman at WR they've been grooming as redshirts, and their defense would only have to worry about replacing 1-2 secondary players, so they will definitely be ranked top 10 as well.
Share 49ersWebzone