Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I think its going to be Stanzi the 49ers take.

this.

I hope so

me too. I kinda feel we'd be reaching though. But a QB is a QB I guess.

It would be a big mistake to take a QB just for the sake of taking a QB when there are better values and greater needs. The only way the 49ers use their 2nd pick for a QB is if Alex tells Harbaugh that he will not come back under any circumstances.

I would not be at all surprised if today's meeting between Harbaugh and Alex is for the 49ers to get a commitment from Alex as to whether or not he will come back for at least one more season. If he agrees to stay, then the 49ers will use the 2nd round pick for a CB. If he is ambivalent or not willing to stay, then the 49ers will be forced into a trade for a vet or move up to get Dalton or Kaepernick. I don't think they will be able to afford to sit and hope Stanzi falls to them in the 3rd.

I seriously hope the 49ers aren't this dumb.. You don't make any long term plans with a guy that hasn't won in 6 years.. I think even the biggest Smith suppporters would agree you don't give the guy more then 1 year or your pushing it.. Not only that you don't ignore QB spot again for him!
Would you care to comment specifically on what I said in my post?

he doesn't need to comment on your post, this is not an Alex Smith thread.
My point was about the relationship between what Smith may decide and how that affects the circumstances required to draft Stanzi. He ignored all that by going back to his long held position of dislike for Alex Smith. I was hoping for something that would give some indication as to his value for Stanzi. It's all good. I'm not interesting in another round of AS harangues.
Does anybody know what round is Stanzi projected to be drafted in?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

I believe in the 3rd.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I believe in the 3rd.

im worried though why do i have a bad feeling that if sit in the 3rd he'll be gone

i say we trade up either at the end of the 2nd or the begining of the 3rd to ensure we draft this guy we do have pleanty of pick to make this happen
  • dj43
I recall late 3rd/early 4th.

MD has him at 77. OTC 82. That agrees with what other pro draft guys have said.

All the early action created some frenzy that may have died down overnight. I'm guessing he will be there when the 49ers pick in the 3rd...if they really want him.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
i dont think stanzi will make it to the 3rd rd
  • dj43
Originally posted by dmax:
i dont think stanzi will make it to the 3rd rd

He would have to jump up roughly 15 spots in value to not make the 3rd. Not saying it might not happen as there are now just three QB generally ranked higher than him.

I am still a bit shocked at the run on QBs, all of whom have numerous question marks.
If we pick him in the 3rd he can be our new Joe Montana

remember the 3rd round in 79" people?

• RedAu
  • Veteran
And so end's the dream of having the Montana lookalike in SF. Watch NE (maybe IND) get him and groom him to be a superstar in 3+ yrs. Heck we might have to trade for him in three years giving up a couple of 1sts.
I'll keep an eye on Stanzi and where he goes, really like the guy and how he plays the position.

i told you guys!
We're probably gonna pick him up still in the 7th.
he is gone to the chiefs in round 5.
I set this bandwagon on cruise and jumped off after the second.

He will do well behind Cassel. Give him some time and we will see how he does.

Good luck Ricky!
  • mod
  • Veteran
well, this bandwagon had a good run, unfortunately its made its stop in Kansas City

[ Edited by modninerfan on May 1, 2011 at 12:59:19 ]
Share 49ersWebzone