There are 169 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Yes. Get a good CB in the second round and pick up Stanzi in the third round.
If we dont draft Stanzi the Patriots will
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I think its going to be Stanzi the 49ers take.

this.

I hope so

me too. I kinda feel we'd be reaching though. But a QB is a QB I guess.

It would be a big mistake to take a QB just for the sake of taking a QB when there are better values and greater needs. The only way the 49ers use their 2nd pick for a QB is if Alex tells Harbaugh that he will not come back under any circumstances.

I would not be at all surprised if today's meeting between Harbaugh and Alex is for the 49ers to get a commitment from Alex as to whether or not he will come back for at least one more season. If he agrees to stay, then the 49ers will use the 2nd round pick for a CB. If he is ambivalent or not willing to stay, then the 49ers will be forced into a trade for a vet or move up to get Dalton or Kaepernick. I don't think they will be able to afford to sit and hope Stanzi falls to them in the 3rd.

I seriously hope the 49ers aren't this dumb.. You don't make any long term plans with a guy that hasn't won in 6 years.. I think even the biggest Smith suppporters would agree you don't give the guy more then 1 year or your pushing it.. Not only that you don't ignore QB spot again for him!

this.

I hope so

It would be a big mistake to take a QB just for the sake of taking a QB when there are better values and greater needs. The only way the 49ers use their 2nd pick for a QB is if Alex tells Harbaugh that he will not come back under any circumstances.

I would not be at all surprised if today's meeting between Harbaugh and Alex is for the 49ers to get a commitment from Alex as to whether or not he will come back for at least one more season. If he agrees to stay, then the 49ers will use the 2nd round pick for a CB. If he is ambivalent or not willing to stay, then the 49ers will be forced into a trade for a vet or move up to get Dalton or Kaepernick. I don't think they will be able to afford to sit and hope Stanzi falls to them in the 3rd.
Alex is coming by today to workout, he is gonna sign the release forms required to participate since he is a FA, one of the Matt reported this this morning
Originally posted by fakers23:

this.

I hope so

I seriously hope the 49ers aren't this dumb.. You don't make any long term plans with a guy that hasn't won in 6 years.. I think even the biggest Smith suppporters would agree you don't give the guy more then 1 year or your pushing it.. Not only that you don't ignore QB spot again for him!

We offered him a ONE year contract.
  • dj43

this.

I hope so

Would you care to comment specifically on what I said in my post?
  • dmax
  • Veteran
lets get stanzi..make this happen
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by dmax:

Herm Edwards called him a career backup this morning.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Janitor:

And what QB's has Herm Edwards developed??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

lol this

The problem is, if we don't take Stanzi in the 2nd, we're likely to miss out on all 8 top prospects. That's fine if Harbaugh has plans for a lower ranked QB in a later round, but if we're going to get one of these top guys, it has to be in the 2nd. I want a CB too- that's why I see us trying to trade up for a 2nd 2nd rounder. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if we just took Stanzi at 45. Though that would be criticized league wide I'm sure.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

this.

I hope so

Would you care to comment specifically on what I said in my post?

he doesn't need to comment on your post, this is not an Alex Smith thread.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Kolohe:

lol this

never trust a man named Herm

midwest QB's are gamers I wouldn't mind it
  • mod
  • Veteran
A CB in the 2nd, Stanzi in the 3rd sounds like a great idea... even if we think somebody might pick up Stanzi we still have the ammo to make a trade.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
A CB in the 2nd, Stanzi in the 3rd sounds like a great idea... even if we think somebody might pick up Stanzi we still have the ammo to make a trade.

I like the idea of Stanzi.. Just don't think he will make it to the 3nd round..
Share 49ersWebzone