LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I've been on this bandwagen for a while now.

Adding a shutdown CB with the #7 and getting Stanzi in the 2nd would be huge for this team for the future.

he's a reach that high

Has his stock dropped that far that he'll go in the 3rd or 4th?
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Watch his feet, Arms good. Pumps just to be funny. And watch the end of the highlights, 4th and GOAL!! We Have a winner!!!!

Why waste a 2nd rd pick when you can have this future back up in the 5th or 6th?

What I'll take him in the 3rd or 4th his feet alone scream west coast. Arms fine has great touch. Runs the pro style, and isn't a mental case with dui, and taking money from schools! And i think jim will find himself a qb he is willing to work with, because lets face it he has to get the right guy for his system!

You totally nailed it. For West Coast, Walsh said "footwork most important". He looks great. It's funny, I just watched Bill Walsh's QB Teaching video, and when I watched Stanzi I thought . When I watched Newton, I thought
Originally posted by highwayone:

Watch his feet, Arms good. Pumps just to be funny. And watch the end of the highlights, 4th and GOAL!! We Have a winner!!!!

Why waste a 2nd rd pick when you can have this future back up in the 5th or 6th?

What I'll take him in the 3rd or 4th his feet alone scream west coast. Arms fine has great touch. Runs the pro style, and isn't a mental case with dui, and taking money from schools! And i think jim will find himself a qb he is willing to work with, because lets face it he has to get the right guy for his system!

You totally nailed it. For West Coast, Walsh said "footwork most important". He looks great. It's funny, I just watched Bill Walsh's QB Teaching video, and when I watched Stanzi I thought . When I watched Newton, I thought

Newton is a winner, but it's college. He may be fast, but he's slow in the head. I still would rather take BPA, and land stanzi in a later round.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I've been on this bandwagen for a while now.

Adding a shutdown CB with the #7 and getting Stanzi in the 2nd would be huge for this team for the future.

he's a reach that high

Has his stock dropped that far that he'll go in the 3rd or 4th?

This QB class is very meh. Im really interested to see who the first guy taken is and when. But I think Stanzi could last till the 3rd.
  • mod
  • Veteran
after watching Ryan Mallet and Cam Newton, i'm on the Stanzi bandwagon.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

I just know no QB is truly worthy of a top 10 pick right now. Decisions, decisions.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I just know no QB is truly worthy of a top 10 pick right now. Decisions, decisions.

thats why i'm on the bandwagon, I figure we can get stanzi for cheap, and if he doesnt work then its no big deal. Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton or Mallet all have a serious risk of being a bust and I cant go through that s**t again.

Newton is a winner, but it's college. He may be fast, but he's slow in the head. I still would rather take BPA, and land stanzi in a later round.

I've been high on Stanzi for a while now. I really hope that we draft him.

haha very true. spread option quarterbacks aren't taught the fundamentals of footwork and only have 1 read
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

true, but aaron rodgers wasn't either.

It seems like every qb in the draft has some sort of malfunction this year. I would much rather gamble with a second or third on stanzi than number 7 over all for one of the other guys. I bet his stock go's up the closer we get to april.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ Weak arm.
~ Can't throw deep.
~ Can't make all the throws.
~ Overrated on the WZ.

This was posted by Thorhawk from the "Quarterback Watch" thread:

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/18578/ricky-stanzi-the-critical-hawkeye

"Stanzi has been dead-on with the deep ball this season, tossing four touchdown passes of longer than 30 yards, all to senior wideout Derrell Johnson-Koulianos. Stanzi has completed six passes of 40 yards or longer and 11 passes of 30 yards or longer in his first seven games."

You can add another 30 yard td pass to the total. So can we please stop with this nonsense that stanzi does not throw well deep? I see him complete a long pass down field in just about every game he plays.

More proof that you obviously haven't watched this QB. The guy can throw a 30-40 yard pass with some zip and plenty of accuracy.

And how the hell can he be overrated?! He's not even a 1st round prospect and in some draftnik boards, he's not even a top prospect in the 2nd round, although he should be. He has progressed a lot since his junior year.

I've watched him play plenty of times. And he can't throw deep. He sucks at the deep ball. Alex Smith throws a much better deep ball.

Joe Montana was listed as having a weak arm. Didn't hurt him as I recall.. Maybe history repeats itself...draft him in the third move up if you have to a high third.

Absolutely agree. If we can land Stanzi in the 3rd or 4th and tie ourselves over with a veteran QB for a year or two, we'll be set. This guy is a perfect fit for the WCO. I see a lot more risk in the more highly rated QBs and don't see any of them fitting the WCO as well as Stanzi does. A little maturity and discipline is all he needs. I can't expect him to be Montana, but very possibly a solid starting QB nonetheless.
[ Edited by gravelburn on Jan 11, 2011 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by gravelburn:

Absolutely agree. If we can land Stanzi in the 3rd and tie ourselves over with a veteran QB for a year or two, we'll be set. This guy is a perfect fit for the WCO. I see a lot more risk in the more highly rated QBs and don't see any of them fitting the WCO as well as Stanzi does. A little maturity and discipline is all he needs. Can't put my finger on it, but you see that IT factor when you watch him.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by gravelburn:

Absolutely agree. If we can land Stanzi in the 3rd and tie ourselves over with a veteran QB for a year or two, we'll be set. This guy is a perfect fit for the WCO. I see a lot more risk in the more highly rated QBs and don't see any of them fitting the WCO as well as Stanzi does. A little maturity and discipline is all he needs. Can't put my finger on it, but you see that IT factor when you watch him.

See this is WTF I am talking about. Man I been watching this guy all year paying close attention to him. I hope we land this guy somehow. I am really enthused to see his pro day. In with Stanzi Out with Newton.
Share 49ersWebzone