The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Originally posted by highwayone:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Watch his feet, Arms good. Pumps just to be funny. And watch the end of the highlights, 4th and GOAL!! We Have a winner!!!!

Why waste a 2nd rd pick when you can have this future back up in the 5th or 6th?

What I'll take him in the 3rd or 4th his feet alone scream west coast. Arms fine has great touch. Runs the pro style, and isn't a mental case with dui, and taking money from schools! And i think jim will find himself a qb he is willing to work with, because lets face it he has to get the right guy for his system!

You totally nailed it. For West Coast, Walsh said "footwork most important". He looks great. It's funny, I just watched Bill Walsh's QB Teaching video, and when I watched Stanzi I thought . When I watched Newton, I thought

Absolutely agree. If we can land Stanzi in the 3rd and tie ourselves over with a veteran QB for a year or two, we'll be set. This guy is a perfect fit for the WCO. I see a lot more risk in the more highly rated QBs and don't see any of them fitting the WCO as well as Stanzi does. A little maturity and discipline is all he needs. Can't put my finger on it, but you see that IT factor when you watch him.

See this is WTF I am talking about. Man I been watching this guy all year paying close attention to him. I hope we land this guy somehow. I am really enthused to see his pro day. In with Stanzi Out with Newton.

I want someone to make a highlight video of his senior season. He nailed a ton of deepballs this year, and he was so much more accurate.
Would love to get Stanzi in the 2nd or 3rd if we get a veteran QB!
Stanzi + Harbaugh = championship!

No but seriously I believe that Harbaugh will be able to take this guy and mold him into a decent NFL QB. Arm strength and accuracy appear to be a non issues. His footwork is great and he has good pocket presence. The thing that impressed me the most about him was the huge improvements he made from 2009 to 2010. His INT's were down and his completion percentage and TD's went up. He will continue to develop at the next level given a HC like Harbaugh who has proven himself to be capable of developing QB's.
If we don't go QB in the 1st, Stanzi is the guy I'd want in the 3rd. Now, if he lights up the Senior Bowl and tests well at the combine, we might want to consider trading back into the late 2nd to get him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If we don't go QB in the 1st, Stanzi is the guy I'd want in the 3rd. Now, if he lights up the Senior Bowl and tests well at the combine, we might want to consider trading back into the late 2nd to get him.

I don't care how we get him I just want him in a niner uni.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I don't care how we get him I just want him in a niner uni.

I just hope Harbaugh wants him as bad as we do.
Here are some 2010 Iowa/ Stanzi Highlights by request:

Iowa vs. MSU
(My favorite play is at the 30 second mark. )

Iowa vs. Ball State

Michigan vs. Iowa
[ Edited by highwayone on Jan 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM ]
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
This kid has me more and more excited. Excellent measurables. Great leadership. From a pro-style offense. Has improved from 2009 to 2010. Could be a real gem.
I just read that Tom Bradys Quarterback Guru that he has worked with every year since he was 15 is gonna work with Ricky Stanzi prior to the draft
Originally posted by valrod33:
I just read that Tom Bradys Quarterback Guru that he has worked with every year since he was 15 is gonna work with Ricky Stanzi prior to the draft

funny you should say that i keep telling my friends that i could totally see the patriots nabbing him up.

The guy just looks so much more pro ready than all the other QB prospects. That's not to say he's a day 1 starter. He still needs to figure out when to throw it away. He's a pure passer and takes some sacks that he'll need to avoid at the pro level. But his game is already a pro style game. Just some experience and coaching at the pro level and an Oline... man I hope we get this guy.
ok , so i just got done going through this thread and watching the youtube videos and the way this guy throws the ball and moves around reminds me of Joe Montana and Tom Brady
where is this joto projected to go in the draft?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

i keep seeing anywhere from 3rd to 6th round
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

i keep seeing anywhere from 3rd to 6th round

cool. lets grab him at #7 then.
Share 49ersWebzone