LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

AB's Post Combine WZ Collaborative Mock Draft- Discussion Thread

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I actually wouldnt be surprised or opposed of this trade.

Minnesota would be targeting Clausen, and we get a extra 2nd and the 1st in 2011 is a plus.

You never know how much Vikes rate Clausen.

True, but the Vikes are on the verge of a Super Bowl, not in rebuilding mode and in need of a young QB to the point where they would give up their 1st rounder next year to move from the bottom of the first all the way to the middle.

Throw in the Favre factor (very likely to be coming back for one last run), and it just doesn't add up from a logic/reality standpoint.

That said, anything could happen.

Yep. If anything they would trade up if there was one player that could make an immediate impact while there window of opportunity is there. Just no way they would make this deal in my opinion.
The reason why I think this trade makes sense, is that the Vikings know that this is probably Favre's last year. He may opt to retire this year. He is just not letting them know.

Claussen gives the Vikings some insurance this year for Favre. I strongly feel that the organization has no faith in Jackson/Rosenfelds (sp?). Plus, if Favre does return, they have the luxury of sitting Claussen under him for one year and letting him learn, a clear plus in my mind.

If the Vikings wait until next year to get their franchise QB, they would be in a similar situation of trying to trade up for the likes of the QB from Arkansas (his name escapes me right now).
I think this trade makes sense for the 49ers because their are no OT worth taking at this point and their probably will not be one at #49 worth that spot. I think Ducasse, Saffold, Brown would be gone by #49 and Fox/Black/Calloway would be a reach. Having #30 allows them to take Ducasse/Brown/Saffold without "reaching".

Plus with #17 they can still get an impact player (Spiller, Iupati, Graham, Mays...) and still have two second rounders to get a punt returner/CB/LB, BPA, etc...

Trades like these don't seem to make a lot of sense sometimes; however, they are not unrealistic. We have seen teams give up a lot to jump up for a player, especially a QB. See the Jets for Sanchez and the Browns for Quinn.
Plus, I think this makes our new mock a little more interesting and different than all the others.

I mean, did you guys really want to see us draft Spiller again?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Crazy move by the Vikes, but I like it. Let's get this baby moving again.
s**t, i messed up gave Chiefs to 2 different members. 4ML and Mnt.

Anyone know which team im missing?
If this happens in RL I wouldn't be mad. Also, there's a reason why the crowd always erupts when the commissioner says "there's been a trade" because trades are exciting. Agreed that I liked seeing a trade to spice this mock up a little bit.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
s**t, i messed up gave Chiefs to 2 different members. 4ML and Mnt.

Anyone know which team im missing?

i think one of them should have the ravens
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 15, 2010 at 1:35 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I personally think the trade makes a lot of sense for Vikings because who the hell really knows what Favre is going to do. Vikings have a relatively young team, especially on offense - and they will be contenders for that division for years if they have a franchise QB. So, this year is not 1 and done shot for them. It's 1 and done shot for Favre, but not for the Vikings franchise.

For Niners it makes sense too. There are no OTs left to draft at 13. It keeps Seahawks from drafting a franchise QB at 14. Last but not least, if Smith doesn't work out - they have the ammunition to draft the best available QB in 2011.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Plus, I think this makes our new mock a little more interesting and different than all the others.

I mean, did you guys really want to see us draft Spiller again?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Expected Seattle to go with Spiller there. Could have gone with Mays as well, since he is Carroll's guy. Giants gotta go with McClain here...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niners are on the clock...any suggestions? I really dislike Anthony Davis, though he is a good value pick here. But...questionable work ethic is scaring me away.

I like two players here a lot - one is the guard Iupati, and second is the FS Earl Thomas - who may be a better fit at CB at the next level. If JPP was there, I wouldn't have hesitated at all. But, Titans got him.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Niners are on the clock...any suggestions? I really dislike Anthony Davis, though he is a good value pick here. But...questionable work ethic is scaring me away.

I like two players here a lot - one is the guard Iupati, and second is the FS Earl Thomas - who may be a better fit at CB at the next level. If JPP was there, I wouldn't have hesitated at all. But, Titans got him.

Well, OL was our biggest problem last year, and you have a chance to grab the best Guard in the draft.

I'd take Iupati.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Well, OL was our biggest problem last year, and you have a chance to grab the best Guard in the draft.

I'd take Iupati.

He is my first choice. He is exactly the kind of player Singletary wants, so makes perfect sense.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I'd take Iupati.

He is my first choice. He is exactly the kind of player Singletary wants, so makes perfect sense.

Well can you make the pick so I can do mine and go to bed please.
Share 49ersWebzone