He is the fastest man in college football

Then the Raiders will draft him.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
He is the fastest man in college football

Then the Raiders will draft him.

this isn't a question...he is going to run track. won't even grace the NFL
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We rarely run any offensive sets with three receivers, and have a lot of money locked in on Jones, so I very much doubt the Niners are looking at WR this draft.

Look for the Niners to address the PR position with one of the CB's on the board in the second or third round.

I thought the same thing until I realized Battle is probably gone, so is Bruce. We will have to wait and see!
Interesting quotes from the trainer who's working with a group of players that includes Jacoby Ford, Jahvid Best, Ricky Sapp, Eric Berry, and Eric Norwood. He thinks Jacoby Ford may break the all-time combine record:

Jahvid's coming off his injury at the beginning, so Jacoby was running faster at the beginning. And with Jacoby we're going to break the NFL record for the combine. But to be the fastest guy ever, he's got to run 4.2s on lasers. We'll see if he can do it. He's running some times now where I think he could do it.
  • Nebr49erfan
  • Info N/A
I am not sure that I would spend my time trying to search the draft boards for a KR/PR. While I think that would be great to have someone like a Cribbs or Hester on our team that would give us an instant threat. I would be satisfied with a player who can simple catch the punt and give us decent field position.

Bill Parcells used to say all the time catching the punt could be the difference in a game. Niners proved last year that this was a very bad piece of the puzzle in regards to team success. We can debate over and over about letting Rossum go.

I for one would like to secure players that can help out in base schemes and be impactful there, if they can catch a punt and secure the field position I will be satisfied. Too many times I remember going wow how can you let that punt fall (Brandon Jones). He never should have been the guy.

Give me a guy that will catch the punt vs someone that "may" take it to the house once in a season and will possibly drop a few here and there.
I saw an interview with Jacoby Ford Wednesday morning on "First Take" on ESPN2. During the segment, he aknowledged that he ran a 4.16 40 yard dash in prep school! He is shooting to break Chris Johnson's 4.24 record at this year's scouting combine.

Originally posted by PTulini:
I saw an interview with Jacoby Ford Wednesday morning on "First Take" on ESPN2. During the segment, he aknowledged that he ran a 4.16 40 yard dash in prep school! He is shooting to break Chris Johnson's 4.24 record at this year's scouting combine.

Next DeSean Jackson? We should pick him IMO... he can lift the top of the coverage and that would really give MC and VD the whole field to work with. Spiller and Ford=
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Al Davis will probably draft him in the first.
With four solid guys (although I expect Crabtree to be great next season), WR isn't a priority. Also, Zeigler's PS eligibility runs out, so they either need to promote or cut him. The guy can catch...so I'm hoping he gets promoted, as he already knows the system and could arguably be a more productive receiver than a newbie.
Originally posted by miked1978:
if hes there around round 5 then sure.

he wont be there at rd 5, not with the 40 he'll run. not saying he is him but teams are gonna try to look for the next desean jackson, small, quick fast as hell wr who just makes everyone around slow and can hurt you in many aspects of the gm

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

he wont be there at rd 5, not with the 40 he'll run. not saying he is him but teams are gonna try to look for the next desean jackson, small, quick fast as hell wr who just makes everyone around slow and can hurt you in many aspects of the gm

Yeah that post was written before he made a splash at the all-star practices. I think he goes in the 3rd round now.
4.27 and 4.28 officially. That's flying, especially considering this surface is different and seems to be timing a little slower than years past.
Personally, I would love to grab him in the 3rd.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Jackson looked much better on game tape as a WR compared to Ford.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Personally, I would love to grab him in the 3rd.

same here, and if we add spiller along with an ot our offense will be f**king sick.
Share 49ersWebzone