LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Who is the best Quarteback?

Who is the best Quarteback?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I really going towards the Pike bandwagon. He's got arm strength, accuracy, and mobility. A mix of Joe Flacco and Shaun Hill.

I also think hes gonna be a hot commodity when the off-season begins, dude is kinda skinny though.

"After bursting onto the scene in 2008 Tony Pike has continued his ascent up draft boards as a senior. With all of the physical tools and intangibles you look for, not to mention considerable upside, Pike has now emerged as one of the top quarterback prospects in the country." - Scott Wright

http://www.draftcountdown.com/
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sneed is dropping fast, his last two performances have been awful.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I really going towards the Pike bandwagon. He's got arm strength, accuracy, and mobility. A mix of Joe Flacco and Shaun Hill.

I also think hes gonna be a hot commodity when the off-season begins, dude is kinda skinny though.

"After bursting onto the scene in 2008 Tony Pike has continued his ascent up draft boards as a senior. With all of the physical tools and intangibles you look for, not to mention considerable upside, Pike has now emerged as one of the top quarterback prospects in the country." - Scott Wright

http://www.draftcountdown.com/

If Pike can sit for a year or two behind Hill at QB, then he'll progressively bulk up his frame.

Pike on the left, Flacco on the right in his college years.
Originally posted by 49time:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Two QBs in the Big East deserve consideration and will be first day picks are Brown from WV and Pike from Cinncy.

I never watch either Qb. What are their strengths and Weaknesses. Do you think they are better than the other QBs listsed? It seems like this will be a very strong QB class. With this much talent at the Qb position, maybe we can grab one in the second round and use our 1st rounders on FS and RT.

Pike is a tall guy with a good arm. Brown is a McNabb type, big guy with a lot of arm and mobility. Has the ability to extend a play because he's just really hard to bring down in the backfield.

Both need to be looked at before we make a decision.
Im a big fan of Colt McCoy because of his accuracy....i think that is the most important thing for a QB in the NFL...and he is one of the most accurate players i have ever seen.

and on a side note that doesn't mean anything to his status as a good qb or not.

when i hear his name i think QB...Colt McCoy is just a QB name

also how funny would it be to have McCoy from Texas throwing to Crabtree from Texas Tech
  • Sooner10
  • Info N/A
McCoy does not have the ability to throw the ball down field with any accuracy. At best I see him as a Jeff Garcia. Bradford, Claussen, or Snead.
Originally posted by Sooner10:
McCoy does not have the ability to throw the ball down field with any accuracy. At best I see him as a Jeff Garcia. Bradford, Claussen, or Snead.

I like Snead as well...but he has played terribly these last couple weeks...im not so sure about him anymore...McCoy is Consistent and always puts up big numbers
jake locker has all the tools and now a coach to refine them in steve sarkisian
i'm really liking Pike. with Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Snead getting all the attention. I'm thinking we could take him in the 2nd.
This is a tough question there are some qb's that look good that we dont know a hell of a lot about.

The more I see of McCoy the less likely think he will be a good QB. When watching him he looks like he lacks height. On the field he looks like he is only 6 feet tall. Not to mention his arm strength is a huge question mark. I think he is a poor mans Jeff Garcia like one other person said. Snead's stock has dropped the most this year. The guy just does not make good decisions at times. His last game was horrible (4 ints). I would like to see how Bradford comes back from his injury. I think the two QBs who look really good are Jack Locker and Jimmy Clausen. Clausen has improved dramtically from the last couple of years and is now looking like the top recruit from high school. The guy is poised and really good when his team is down late in the game. Locker is also really good. But with him, he adds that extra dimension because he is dangerous when he runs. Sarkisian is really helping him out too, making him think pass first then run. Unfortunately Locker receivers are sub-par at best. His stats would be so much better if his receivers did not drop so many balls against U of A and Notre Dame.

[ Edited by asu49ers on Oct 12, 2009 at 09:35:30 ]
  • Alchemy
  • Info N/A
I would say Locker or Pike. I'm not a fan or gimmick offense or spread offense QBs. Both of these guys look like they have to potential to be legitimate starters in the nfl.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Dan LeFevour:

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 227
40 T: 4.76

Sophomore: LeFevour ran for 1,122 yards and 19 touchdowns, while throwing for 3,652 yards and 27 touchdown

Junior: Only played in 11 games but still managed 2,784 passing yards and 21 touchdowns and only six interceptions, while completing 66.8 percent of his passes. He also led the team in rushing with 592 yards and an additional six touchdowns.

Senior: Through 6 games 1311 passing yards with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions while completing 71 percent of his passes. Also has 319 rushing yards with 8 touchdowns. Most impressive win: 33-46 for 328 yards and 3 touchdowns vs Michigan State

My sleeper right here^^^

Been keeping an eye on that guy since last year, would absolutely love for us to draft him.
i dont know what ppl see in locker. i like McCoy and Bradford
Locker or Claussen.

I'd take Locker cuz of those douchebag photos of Claussen lmao.
Share 49ersWebzone