There are 227 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by nj9er:
In a dream world...maybe Philip Rivers will come to an impasse on his contract and they may be forced to franchise him and we can give them 2 1st round picks or Crabtree's right and a first to get him. I know this will never happen. In reality I would late to late November to start to speculate over next years draft.

Screw Rivers... Not worth 2 first rounders in my mind.

I agree. And I don't think beside Brady or Manning that there is a QB out there worth that much.
Snead may be good down the road, and people point to the win over Texas Tech, but in the first quarter of the game Snead had thrown a 75 yard pick-6 and been sacked twice and pretty much sucked.
The reason why he ended the game so well is because TTU lost allbig12/2nd rd draft pick safety to injury as well as one of their starting CBs, they had to start a true freshman against a WR that ran a 4.4.
Also TTU had suspended 3 of their defensive linemen from the game so there was no depth, by the second half the d line was tired and getting no rush.

Not making excuses for the loss, ole miss was a better team that day, but Snead's performance was not that good, and he's currently very much overrated.

[ Edited by cestmoi on Aug 9, 2009 at 17:50:50 ]
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Snead may be good down the road, and people point to the win over Texas Tech, but in the first quarter of the game Snead had thrown a 75 yard pick-6 and been sacked twice and pretty much sucked.
The reason why he ended the game so well is because TTU lost allbig12/2nd rd draft pick safety to injury as well as one of their starting CBs, they had to start a true freshman against a WR that ran a 4.4.
Also TTU had suspended 3 of their defensive linemen from the game so there was no depth, by the second half the d line was tired and getting no rush.

Not making excuses for the loss, ole miss was a better team that day, but Snead's performance was not that good, and he's currently very much overrated.

pshh... hater. he's obviously the next joe montana... hahah
I think we should Draft a Pass rusher and A Wr respectively with our two first round picks. I will watch college football this season to see the players so i can give my opinion on who we should take lol.
  • DjRickett
  • Info N/A
I don't think we need another Q.B. Alex should start breaking out, and take a good look at Nate Davis. It sounds like he will be awesome when he gets on the field.
If it really comes down to the point where we do draft a QB in the 2010 NFL Draft, My top 3 choices would be:

1. Texas QB Colt McCoy
2. Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead
3. Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen (Depending on how he does this season and where we can draft him. )
Originally posted by PTulini:
If it really comes down to the point where we do draft a QB in the 2010 NFL Draft, My top 3 choices would be:

1. Texas QB Colt McCoy
3. Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen (Depending on how he does this season and where we can draft him. )

Clausen would have to put up Heisman numbers just to consider declaring the draft this year, much less being mentioned in the same class as Colt McCoy.

That being said im pulling for daryll clark
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by PTulini:

1. Texas QB Colt McCoy

Clausen would have to put up Heisman numbers just to consider declaring the draft this year, much less being mentioned in the same class as Colt McCoy.

That being said im pulling for daryll clark

I agree, too many good QB's coming outta this draft, I'm starting to doubt that Clausen declares.

My choices:

1. Sam Bradford
2. Tim Tebow (depending how much his new QB coach has re-worked his mechanics)
3. Dan Lefevour
Originally posted by LBCniner:
I think we should Draft a Pass rusher and A Wr respectively with our two first round picks. I will watch college football this season to see the players so i can give my opinion on who we should take lol.

i think it needs to be OLB, DL or QB depending on how the QB's look this year. If shaun or Alex look good we can finally shore up our Defense with a pass rusher or two or a Safety or Corner to play across from Nate Clements
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by sir_clinksalot:
Honestly, I'd be happy with Tebow. He's certainly got the most experience and the way he led that team last year was awesome, although I don't like the Gators.

I seem to remember another QB that people didn't think could throw well. I believe he came out of Notre Dame and went by the name of "Joe". Just Joe. :)

Okay, let's not get crazy here. Tim Tebow is not comparable, nor will he ever be, to Joe Montana as a throwing Quarterback. Now, as a leader....

I wish we could just fast forward past this season to next years draft. We HAVE to use our 1st round pics on a franchise QB. Have to!!!!
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Aug 17, 2009 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I wish we could just fast forward past this season to next years draft. We HAVE to use our 1st round pics on a franchise QB. Have to!!!!

We have to wait and see. Just hope Carolina REALLY sucks this season!
Sam Bradford is the real deal, has more athleticism than people give him credit for, great accuracy, strong arm, ideal height, and Mike Leach wanted him.

I would love to have him on the Niners.
Sam Bradford is the real deal, has more athleticism than people give him credit for, great accuracy, strong arm, ideal height, and Mike Leach wanted him.

he's legit, but so is McCoy from texas and i wouldnt mind one bit if we landed tebow despite what some people say on here. the guy gets results
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

he's legit, but so is McCoy from texas and i wouldnt mind one bit if we landed tebow despite what some people say on here. the guy gets results

I think the chances of us getting McCoy or Bradford are VERY good. 2 picks in the first give us a lot of bargaining power!
Share 49ersWebzone