LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 175 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

• TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Hopefully Nate Davis is our QB of the future and we won't need to waste either or both of those 1st round picks to get another QB in next years draft.
Davis has all the tools you could ever ask for in a QB . If he lives up to his potential he will be better than most if not all the QB's coming out next year anyway.
In the best of both Worlds,we use those #1 picks next year on two great playmakers to stock the team for what looks to be a bright future AND we also get out Franchise QB in Davis. We should all hope it works out that way.
Almost forgot... Alex Smith sucks

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Aug 5, 2009 at 00:42:23 ]
The fact that the 49ers are thinking about targeting a QB in 2010 is pretty much saying Alex Smith is a bust and he won't be our QB of the future.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
The fact that the 49ers are thinking about targeting a QB in 2010 is pretty much saying Alex Smith is a bust and he won't be our QB of the future.

You have to wait till the season is over.
  • 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
We should draft Colt McCoy next year. Shaun Hill is not the long term answer for this franchise. And to an extent he is still unproven, yeah you could argue that he has 7 wins but most of those were Coach Singletary doing his thing and getting our players on the right track.

Next we have Alex Smith. Some people are still hopeful for him to return and be great for this team. A part of me wants that to happen, but it won't. When the guy basically breaks his shoulder throwing warm up in practice then is out for the entire year he shouldn't be a starter in the NFL. That year was just unfortunate for us cause Matt Leinart didn't come out early in the draft from USC which in my opinion was a bad idea cause he lost out on all the money.

Thus I'm saying Colt McCoy, or trade or sign for someone else that will win games for us. We have 2 first round draft picks lets do something with them.
We find out if we need to draft a quarterback this year for sure. I'm hopeful for Alex Smith and Nate Davis.
anybody but Tim Tebow. please.
As long as we end up wit either one of those Big XII quarterbacks I'm happy, that or Alex Smith actually turns into the guy we drafted him to be.
Can Hill not get any love around this board? People are hopeful of Smith? The guy is garbage and has been through his entire career. He's a looser!
Originally posted by Niners99:
anybody but Tim Tebow. please.

This.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Can Hill not get any love around this board? People are hopeful of Smith? The guy is garbage and has been through his entire career. He's a looser!

I wouldn't mind if Hill became our starter just as long as one of the two step up this year! We badly need a good quarterback to lead our team!
Originally posted by 49ersNorcal:
We should draft Colt McCoy next year. Shaun Hill is not the long term answer for this franchise. And to an extent he is still unproven, yeah you could argue that he has 7 wins but most of those were Coach Singletary doing his thing and getting our players on the right track.

Next we have Alex Smith. Some people are still hopeful for him to return and be great for this team. A part of me wants that to happen, but it won't. When the guy basically breaks his shoulder throwing warm up in practice then is out for the entire year he shouldn't be a starter in the NFL. That year was just unfortunate for us cause Matt Leinart didn't come out early in the draft from USC which in my opinion was a bad idea cause he lost out on all the money.

Your reply sounds like it came from a year ago. Matt Leinart hasn't shown anything at the pro level that leads me to believe we would be better off with him. And Alex Smith didn't simply break his shoulder throwing warm up throws. He had a grade 3 shoulder separation and was basically forced to play three additional games before shutting it down. In training camp, he was not fully recovered, so you figure out how he broke his shoulder.

"On September 30, 2007, in the first quarter of a game against the Seattle Seahawks, Smith injured his right shoulder after getting sacked by Seahawks defensive tackle Rocky Bernard. Smith suffered a grade-three separation and the initial diagnosis was that surgery would not be required. Smith missed the next three games before returning to the 49ers' starting lineup on Sunday, October 28, 2007. Nolan believed that Smith was healthy enough to play while Smith felt that the injury still affected his ability to throw accurately, an account that was supported by players from the Seahawks."

"On September 10, 2008, the 49ers placed Smith on injured reserve after Dr. James Andrews confirmed the team's diagnosis of a broken bone in Smith's shoulder, believed to have been caused by a wire left in his shoulder from the previous surgery, which had sawed through the bone."
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
In a dream world...maybe Philip Rivers will come to an impasse on his contract and they may be forced to franchise him and we can give them 2 1st round picks or Crabtree's right and a first to get him. I know this will never happen. In reality I would late to late November to start to speculate over next years draft.
Originally posted by nj9er:
In a dream world...maybe Philip Rivers will come to an impasse on his contract and they may be forced to franchise him and we can give them 2 1st round picks or Crabtree's right and a first to get him. I know this will never happen. In reality I would late to late November to start to speculate over next years draft.

Screw Rivers... Not worth 2 first rounders in my mind.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by nj9er:

Screw Rivers... Not worth 2 first rounders in my mind.

this. and i hope we just get a RT and DT in the draft if we use our picks without trades. let's protect our QB and our lead before we go 1st pick trade-happy. how about 1st pick DT and then swap 2nd first rounder with another team and get their 2nd? pick the RT at the lower position and a CB/FS/QB in the 2nd rounder? just a scenario I would like to see.. We need to utilize our picks in order to get more bang for our buck and build thru the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone