There are 189 users in the forums

if calvin johnson and crabs were in the same draft ...

Calvin Johnson is the best collegiate receiver I've ever seen, especially considering he had Reggie Ball for a QB.

Megatron>>>>>>anybody in college
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Calvin Johnson has the prototypical size, strength, speed, and talent to be the #1 WR franchise player. He came from a more pro-style offense with less talent on his team.

Michael Crabtree doesn't have ideal size, but he has great football talent. Unfortunately, he came from the spread offense, which inflates stats all around.

Johnson > Crabtree.
Johnson. To bad has to play for Detroit imagine what he could do on a mediocre team and don't want to think about what he would do on an Indy, NE, Steelers team
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Statements like 1) not even close and 2) CJ by far, are not accurate. Given his injury, we don't have a forty time on Crabtree. And yes franchises do make decisions on 40 times: see the Raiders and DHB. Had Crabtree run a 4.4 forty he would have been the second player taken right behnd Stafford same as CJ. Crabtree was a much more consistent WR in college than Johnson. In the same draft, CJ goes first, but Crabtree would be right behind him with a solid 40.

The only reason why Crabtree fell to us is because he didn't run the Combine. If he was uninjured and posted good numbers at the Combine, he would've been taken much earlier. We're very lucky to have him. He seems like he has a burning desire to win, and is not the diva headcase that some media made him out to be. He hasn't said anything to indicate that thusfar. He's always smiling and being positive.
Originally posted by mike9er:
Originally posted by kronik:
so is anyone scared that we may have a bust? or is it a good chance we have a stud?

Every prospect can be a bust. There is no such thing as a guarantee. BTW, not trying to be rude, but you sound very cowardly.

im not cowardly but i have bad luck if i think something is a good thing it usually turns out bad. im a big believer in karma and you wouldint believe the amount of s**t i've been talkin to my raider loving friend.

Karma is a f**kin joke.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Randy Moss coming out of college > Calvin Johnson coming out of college.

Why does everyone always forget about Moss? He's a freak of nature then and a freak of nature now

Thats because Calvin was and is a bigger freak than Moss. There has never been a WR prospect that is 6-5 240 with 4.35 speed and that is at the combine if he would have done it timed like moss did it before he came into the league he would have likely been under 4.3.

Judging by your name, I doubt you were old enough to remember what Moss did in college and how much hype he had coming into the league. Randy Moss would have been taken over Calvin Johnson.

Why does everyone always forget about Moss? He's a freak of nature then and a freak of nature now

Thats because Calvin was and is a bigger freak than Moss. There has never been a WR prospect that is 6-5 240 with 4.35 speed and that is at the combine if he would have done it timed like moss did it before he came into the league he would have likely been under 4.3.

Judging by your name, I doubt you were old enough to remember what Moss did in college and how much hype he had coming into the league. Randy Moss would have been taken over Calvin Johnson.

yeah, except he played at a small school and had character issues... if he was such hot s**t then he would've gone in the top 20 picks.

No way Moss wasn't picked until the mid 20's
Originally posted by jnew62:

CRABTREE WASN'T EVEN THE FIRST WR TAKEN THIS YEAR!!!!

and are you mad, cause had Al Davis took Crabtree, then we might not had a chance at Crabtree.

Crabtree deserved to be 1st WR taken, and only didnt cause he couldnt run the 40, and Al loves his 40 time guys.
Please let's stop with these comparisons.....

At Best Crabtree will be like Steve Smith (how since he's not a burner or small?)

or

Like Chris Carter (I guess implying possession type of receiver)

Let Crabs just be Crabs!!!!

[ Edited by smifunk on Jun 20, 2009 at 21:12:10 ]

Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Statements like 1) not even close and 2) CJ by far, are not accurate. Given his injury, we don't have a forty time on Crabtree. And yes franchises do make decisions on 40 times: see the Raiders and DHB. Had Crabtree run a 4.4 forty he would have been the second player taken right behnd Stafford same as CJ. Crabtree was a much more consistent WR in college than Johnson. In the same draft, CJ goes first, but Crabtree would be right behind him with a solid 40.

The only reason why Crabtree fell to us is because he didn't run the Combine. If he was uninjured and posted good numbers at the Combine, he would've been taken much earlier. We're very lucky to have him. He seems like he has a burning desire to win, and is not the diva headcase that some media made him out to be. He hasn't said anything to indicate that thusfar. He's always smiling and being positive.

He did not run at the combine.....

Most suspect...he would have not run at hte combine regardless becuase it would have REALLY HURT his DRAFT STATUS.

He is much slower then most Franchise WRs.

there is NO WAY.....

ZERO way Moss would have been taken over Johnson....

There is a reason Moss slide down the draft board like he did and

there is a REASON

Why Johnson Was Drafted as high as he was.

Hype doesn't have nothing to do with were they are drafted. Scouts are doing their jobs and are not watching ESPN to see who to draft. Megatron would still have been taken over moss because they are both freaks but megatron can do everything moss can and the only real advantage i see is randy moss hands over megatron but then megatron does go over the middle not like moss. Plus one doesn't have character issues.

Outside of Michael Vick i don't think there has been another prospect like megatron at his size and athleticism. 6-5 240 and runs in the low 4.3's and not just straight line speed like VD but also agile and im not saying moss wasn't a freak but i just think megatron is a bigger freak.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
if calvin and michael were in the same draft who would be taken first. what are the chances that mc is gonna be a stud. i hope that we don't have a bust. im a big believer of karma and i have been rubbing it in my raider loving friend's face since the draft. i hope karma doesn't bite me in the arse.

The draft is many times judged on physical tools over that of game film. That criteria in hand I say Johnson is picked higher...but game film is important...it's why Crabtree was picked in the top ten without one workout. Many scouts had him as the best player in this draft and he would have been a top 3 pick had he been healthy for the draft. We got a steal...be happy about it. Also give him a year to adjust, he might not be that special this season but year two, watch out!
Originally posted by nflguy49:
I don't agree that Johnson would be a sure bet to get drafted ahead of Crabtree. Crabtree is the only two time winner of the Biletnikoff award for a reason. He's also the only freshman to ever win the award.

Johnson was a #2 pick while Crabtree (granted surpisingly) was a #10. Johnson impressed on an offensively challenged GeorgiaTech team. He didn't get to play in the spread like Crabtree. He was probably themost highly regarded receiver coming into the draft in the last 10 or 15 years. This isn't a knock on Crabtree. It is just a recognition that Johnson would have been the first receiver to go regardless of the particular draft in recent memory.
Share 49ersWebzone