LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

MadDog's Final 256 Board

2 for 2 so far ...
2 for 3 now, suprised me too...
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Apr 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM ]
Great job with the Crabtree pick MD. I'm shocked English just went to SD though. Could we see a big run on all of those late first/early second round DE/OLBs?
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
Great job with the Crabtree pick MD. I'm shocked English just went to SD though. Could we see a big run on all of those late first/early second round DE/OLBs?

The 3-4 Wills are flying off the board, aren't they.
English was a reach at 16. I think they'll regret that pick.

The Niners had to pick Crabtree, and now they are loaded with WR's: Crab, Morgan, Jones, Hill, Battle, Bruce.
Great we have Crabs and VD on the team
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

The Niners had to pick Crabtree, and now they are loaded with WR's: Crab, Morgan, Jones, Hill, Battle, Bruce.

That sounds wonderful. Just a couple months ago, we had one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.
Originally posted by strickac:

That sounds wonderful. Just a couple months ago, we had one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.

Hill better show up this year, or he could be the number 6 WR on this team.
MadDog -

Would you be kind enough to tell us how Crabtree compares to some of the other high profile receivers that have come out of the draft the last few years? Who would you compare him to and what do you think his "bust" potential is.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
MadDog -

Would you be kind enough to tell us how Crabtree compares to some of the other high profile receivers that have come out of the draft the last few years? Who would you compare him to and what do you think his "bust" potential is.

He is half the talent of Calvin Johnson, but is still better than the vast majority of guys selected in the top 10 picks at WR in the last decade. Here's my listing over the last few years.

2008: No top 10 WR's
2007: A much better selection than Ted Ginn, who adds return ability, but was never a great college WR.
2006: No top 10 WR's.
2005: Braylon Edwards, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams. Williamson was razor thin, and Williams was too big and slow. Neither were solid picks.

I see Crabtree comparing to Braylon Edwards in nearly every way. Both guys are long, tough, physical WR's, who have the diva attitude, but are productive. Crabtree has better hands.

I see Crabtree as a perennial 1000 yard/10 TD's/year receiver.
[Welcome to the board!

Thanks. Been lurking a couple of years, an aging lawyer rehabbing a bad back rediscovering my childhood.

So, we have about a dozen to go. Any sense of who will be available – and who you would like? Your man English is history. I can’t imagine Maualuga will be there, but what will they do if Laurinaitis is still there? My intuition is saying Andre Brown or Jennings, though personally I’d prefer Barwin, Britton, or Chung.

Originally posted by ForrestBlue:
[Welcome to the board!

Thanks. Been lurking a couple of years, an aging lawyer rehabbing a bad back rediscovering my childhood.

So, we have about a dozen to go. Any sense of who will be available – and who you would like? Your man English is history. I can’t imagine Maualuga will be there, but what will they do if Laurinaitis is still there? My intuition is saying Andre Brown or Jennings, though personally I’d prefer Barwin, Britton, or Chung.

On your list, only Barwin is left, and he'd be solid value at this point. The Niners could also get a solid OT in William Beatty.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
MadDog -

He is half the talent of Calvin Johnson, but is still better than the vast majority of guys selected in the top 10 picks at WR in the last decade. Here's my listing over the last few years.

2008: No top 10 WR's
2007: A much better selection than Ted Ginn, who adds return ability, but was never a great college WR.
2006: No top 10 WR's.
2005: Braylon Edwards, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams. Williamson was razor thin, and Williams was too big and slow. Neither were solid picks.

I see Crabtree comparing to Braylon Edwards in nearly every way. Both guys are long, tough, physical WR's, who have the diva attitude, but are productive. Crabtree has better hands.

I see Crabtree as a perennial 1000 yard/10 TD's/year receiver.

What a breath of fresh air that would be! I really appreciate your insight, thanks. Our WR corp went from a liability starting in 08 to a possible strength of this team (as you pointed out).
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Great we have Crabs and VD on the team

Originally posted by ForrestBlue:
[Welcome to the board!

On your list, only Barwin is left, and he'd be solid value at this point. The Niners could also get a solid OT in William Beatty.

Barwin or Beatty would have been fine, just fine. Pretty cocky move; I think they think too much of current personnel, or that the 2010 draft will be the best in history. I'll be danmed.
[ Edited by ForrestBlue on Apr 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM ]

Good. Glad you feel the same, MD.
Share 49ersWebzone