LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 186 users in the forums

MadDog's Final 256 Board

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
You think the raiders will pass up on Crabtree?

I know it goes against logic, but Al Davis loves speed, and that is not Crabtree's forte. Michael Lombardi of the NFL Draft Post, who worked with Davis for years, does not believe Davis would draft a guy without a timed speed. Crab does not have a timed 40 due to his injury.

Classic movie.
Originally posted by Firenze:
Thanks as usual. I check this bord during the two days. I'm wait for your opinion after the first day. But, seriously, do you think Cratrbee will fall to #10? Why?

Yes. He's not going top 5.

At 6, the Bengals need OT help.
At 7, I expect the Raiders to go for a speedy WR.
At 8, I expect a trade up from someone to draft Sanchez.
At 9, the Packers need an OT (Oher), or a player to help transition to the 3-4 in Jackson.

By the way, I think the Chiefs are going to have a major argument in their War Room over Curry and Jackson, but in the end, I believe they will take the conservative route and draft Curry. He can play inside or outside in their 3-4 alignment.
What do you think about Tyson Jackson? Is he a good fit for us? His name is walking around 49ers. I really hope we will pick all in bold... You?
Nice job. Interesting to look over at Gosselin's final 100 list. As usual, he has some surprises that aren't on your top-100 list, or anybody else's, so far as I can see. These in particular jumped out as being WAY off other projections:

72. Glen Coffee RB Alabama
81. Robert Brewster OT Ball State
82. Richard Quinn TE North Carolina
88. Jerraud Powers CB Auburn
95. Jason Phillips MLB TCU
90. Roy Miller DT Texas
98. Tony Fiammetta FB Syracuse

Brewster in particular -- where did THAT come from. I think somebody in the Cowboys' draft room clues him on on such players. I'd look for Dallas to draft one of these guys in the 3rd.
[ Edited by ForrestBlue on Apr 25, 2009 at 10:20 AM ]
i like your draft but in the 3rd round shouldnt we get lesean mccoy he is a fast RB and a good compliment to gore
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Apr 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i like your draft but in the 3rd round shouldnt we get lesean mccoy he is a fast RB and a good compliment to gore

The knock on McCoy is that he doesn't hit the hole, but dances alittle before committing to the hole. If he breaks that habit, he would be a good choice.
Hey, MadDog, did you sign up for the NFL.com predict the pick competition? I'm interested to see how you do.
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Hey, MadDog, did you sign up for the NFL.com predict the pick competition? I'm interested to see how you do.

No, the first round is surely not my forte, and neither is the Top 100, although I finished third overall in the Big 100 last season. So many variables.

I enjoy the second day of the draft much more than the first. That is where I put my attention.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I am surely a lone wolf in my projection for McCoy, but his workout was so poor that I think he'll drop below the first tier and second tier RB prospects, and deep into the third round.
Originally posted by Firenze:
What do you think about Tyson Jackson? Is he a good fit for us? His name is walking around 49ers. I really hope we will pick all in bold... You?

Jackson is a talented 3-4 prospect, but is not even in my Top 50 ranked players overall. The team that selects him is going to be very disappointed.

If he is selected, as expected, in the top 10 picks, it will show you how bad this draft will be in talent.

Originally posted by ForrestBlue:
Nice job. Interesting to look over at Gosselin's final 100 list. As usual, he has some surprises that aren't on your top-100 list, or anybody else's, so far as I can see. These in particular jumped out as being WAY off other projections:

72. Glen Coffee RB Alabama
81. Robert Brewster OT Ball State
82. Richard Quinn TE North Carolina
88. Jerraud Powers CB Auburn
95. Jason Phillips MLB TCU
90. Roy Miller DT Texas
98. Tony Fiammetta FB Syracuse

Brewster in particular -- where did THAT come from. I think somebody in the Cowboys' draft room clues him on on such players. I'd look for Dallas to draft one of these guys in the 3rd.

Welcome to the board!

Gosselin is the best in the business in the Top 100 picks. He is on a roll, and must have some great sources. He is the one guy in the business that I bow to in respect. He is the king.

I have Quinn, Fiammetta, Phillips in the same area, but have differences of opinion on Powers, Miller, Coffee and Brewster. My guess is that you will see the players lists drafted somewhere between our projections.

Powers must be licking his chops with this prediction. In the latest write-up from the Huntsville, Alabama paper, he believes he will drafted much later.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 25, 2009 at 12:27 PM ]
If the rumors are true that the Chiefs were willing to trade their third overall pick to the Lions for the 20th and 33rd overall, the Niners have to take a second to think about the option of...

TRADING UP!!

In my opinion, the best player in this draft is Eugene Monroe of Virginia. He would be the unquestioned anchor LT we could hang our hat on for a decade or more. He has HOF potential.

I know Staley is a fine player, but the best LT in the draft does not come around often, so the Niners could move Staley back to RT. They would have studly bookend OT's for a LONG TIME.

The cost would be the 10th and the 43rd overall, which would probably match the value of the 20th and 33rd.
If the rumors are true that the Chiefs were willing to trade their third overall pick to the Lions for the 20th and 33rd overall, the Niners have to take a second to think about the option of...

TRADING UP!!

In my opinion, the best player in this draft is Eugene Monroe of Virginia. He would be the unquestioned anchor LT we could hang our hat on for a decade or more. He has HOF potential.

I know Staley is a fine player, but the best LT in the draft does not come around often, so the Niners could move Staley back to RT. They would have studly bookend OT's for a LONG TIME.

The cost would be the 10th and the 43rd overall, which would probably match the value of the 20th and 33rd.

How could the lions possibly afford that?
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

TRADING UP!!

That is a real problem, unless they have serious cap room. They would end up with the number 1 QB and the number 1 OT in the draft. Not a bad first day. However, they passed.
  • Slothrop
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

TRADING UP!!

Good player, but not thanks. Now...if we're talking about Raji or Crabtree...
Share 49ersWebzone