LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Draft Michael Crabtree Thread

Hate to burst any bubbles, but unless McSingletary trades up, Crabtree will be long gone before #10 spot. If anything, they'll be getting offers to trade down for extra picks...#10 is a good draft position to be in. I'm a huge fan...of TT and Crabtree, but I really don't see any way we'd get to him. I do think we have a good shot to get a player like B.J. Raji, Everette Brown, or Brian Orakpo, though, any of whom would be a great addition to our team.
  • HebrewWall
  • Info N/A
Hey when did DeBartolo become an agent? It looks like they are trying to use Jerry Rice to recruit Michael Crabtree. It's in the second vignette.Preparing for the draft
49ers interview Crabtree

edit - these were questions during the media day, not specifically just the niners

[ Edited by cestmoi on Feb 20, 2009 at 15:42:14 ]
Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree measured only 6'1 1/4 and 215 pounds at Friday's NFL Scouting Combine weigh-in.

He's two inches shorter than expected after being listed as 6'3/214 as a Red Raider. The third-year sophomore plays big, and his tape will take precedent over any measurements. But this is a surprising knock that he'll need to rebound from at his Pro Day, since he is not working out at the Combine. He's currently rehabbing an ankle injury.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Why Pat?!? WHYYYYYYY?!?

I don't want Crabtree. I think I'm all alone with that stance.
National Football Post's Mock:

1. Detroit Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
2. St. Louis Eugene Monroe T Virginia
3. Kansas City Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
4. Seattle Brian Orakpo DE Texas
5. Cleveland Everette Brown DE Florida St.
6. Cincinnati Jason Smith T Baylor
7. Oakland - B.J. Raji DT Boston Coll.
8. Jacksonville Mark Sanchez QB USC
9. Green Bay Andre Smith OL Alabama
10. San Francisco Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
Originally posted by MickerMack8:
National Football Post's Mock:

1. Detroit Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
2. St. Louis Eugene Monroe T Virginia
3. Kansas City Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
4. Seattle Brian Orakpo DE Texas
5. Cleveland Everette Brown DE Florida St.
6. Cincinnati Jason Smith T Baylor
7. Oakland - B.J. Raji DT Boston Coll.
8. Jacksonville Mark Sanchez QB USC
9. Green Bay Andre Smith OL Alabama
10. San Francisco Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

I really do not see Michael Crabtree getting past the Jacksonville Jaguars @ #8. The release of Matt Jones reinforces my theory even more, but anything is possible! We will see?
I like this mock draft!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtUCaLxyYu6S3Pzz7fdUOfhDubYF?slug=ys-mockdraftvi031709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I like this mock draft!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtUCaLxyYu6S3Pzz7fdUOfhDubYF?slug=ys-mockdraftvi031709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I like this kind of party
(dont know why but reminded me of that)

• Shifty
  • Veteran
We need this guy!!
Post number 8000 for me!!! Wooh!
Anyone who played a whole season with a broken foot and posted a spectacular season deserves to be a 49er because he is tuff. I'm pretty sure he is a Singletary kind of guy!
Torry Holt Drawing Interest from the Jaguars

Does this effect the Jacksonville Jaguars draft strategy @ #8? As a result, Maybe we do have a shot @ Michael Crabtree?
  • PFKMan23
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PTulini:
Torry Holt Drawing Interest from the Jaguars

Does this effect the Jacksonville Jaguars draft strategy @ #8? As a result, Maybe we do have a shot @ Michael Crabtree?

Assuming he signs with them we might. But I still think that almost all the other teams in a top ten will think long and hard about him too. Despite recent events I still think that Seattle, Cincy, Cleveland, Oakland and even Green Bay may still take him. If he drops past Oakland I think that it would be incredibly difficult for the Jags to pass him up. That said, I'd probably be happy for the rest of the draft if we got him.
[ Edited by PFKMan23 on Mar 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM ]
Getting Crabtree sure sounds a lot more sexier than drafting Oher at #10. I think the top 3 tackles will be gone by the time we draft.

We should be able to get either Crabtree or Maclin.
Share 49ersWebzone